Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

DeDe Westbrook **Activated for week 11**

Fire up the train.....Hurns spotted in walking boot after game yesterday.

Oh wow didnt know that and a juicy matchup against Cleveland

Allen Hurns (ankle) will not play in Week 11 against the Browns.

"I dont anticipate him this week," coach Doug Marrone said. "I wouldnt know after that." Hurns suffered the ankle injury late in Sunday's win over the Chargers and could put no weight on it following the game. The Associated Press expects Dede Westbrook to be activated off injured reserve and play this week.

And there we go aagin, something up with this kid. Seems hes just not ready. No guarantee

he even plays this week.

According to ESPN Jaguars reporter Michael DiRocco, Dede Westbrook (I.R., core muscle surgery) will not be a "big part of the team's game plan" if he plays against the Browns in Week 11.

Westbrook is tentatively expected to make his NFL debut on Sunday following a lengthy recovery from core muscle surgery. Even with Allen Hurns (ankle) sidelined, it sounds like the Jaguars plan to limit Westbrook's workload, at least initially.

And there we go aagin, something up with this kid. Seems hes just not ready. No guarantee

he even plays this week.

According to ESPN Jaguars reporter Michael DiRocco, Dede Westbrook (I.R., core muscle surgery) will not be a "big part of the team's game plan" if he plays against the Browns in Week 11.

Westbrook is tentatively expected to make his NFL debut on Sunday following a lengthy recovery from core muscle surgery. Even with Allen Hurns (ankle) sidelined, it sounds like the Jaguars plan to limit Westbrook's workload, at least initially.

Coach-speak....so that they can unleash the BEAST!

Well its not just us hyping him :D

“My expectations are high,” Westbrook said Wednesday during an interview on the "Teal & Black Blitz" on SportsRadio 930. “I always set the standard high for myself. For me, and this has nothing to do with the Cleveland Browns at all, but my expectation is a 200-yard receiving game."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/257591/jaguars-wr-dede-westbrook-expects-200-yards-in-his-nfl-debut

would you dump the AZ defense this week as I also have the Ravens to stash Westbrook, Corey Coleman, or Gordon

other WR's are

Antonio Brown

Hopkins

Corey Davis

Hogan

I'd drop both defenses and all of those receivers for him. You won't need more than dede anyway.

• Like 1

Activated for this week. Slapping him in the lineup in a couple of leagues where I have bye week issues. Time to see if he gathers those 200 yards...

Anybody else starting?

Over or Under for 200 yards day DeDe set for himself?

Honestly, I'm not playing him, but I like the confidence. I picked him (back) up, dropping Mack Hollins, just for this week. Someone has to go before next week after Corey Coleman plays today, and it may be Dede. But I like the attitude.

I don't get it... jags haven't really floated a viable wr all year, and now we think a rookie WR is going to come in and dominate after missing the first half of the season?

I mean, I like Dede... but next year or maybe even 2019

I don't get it... jags haven't really floated a viable wr all year, and now we think a rookie WR is going to come in and dominate after missing the first half of the season?

I mean, I like Dede... but next year or maybe even 2019

No. There's a chance he comes in and does something suggested by what he did in the preseason (obviously not at that level in the real games). That would be a WR3/2. Heading into the playoffs, that sounds good to me.

No. There's a chance he comes in and does something suggested by what he did in the preseason (obviously not at that level in the real games). That would be a WR3/2. Heading into the playoffs, that sounds good to me.

I hear what you are saying, but all of those passes came from Allen... not Bortles, and I'm not sure a couple weeks worth of practice is enough to get him up to speed with their starting QB. That and the Jags are a run first team with a controlling D... not a whole lot of garbage time left on the schedule, as they play some pretty weak teams minus Seattle.

I hope you can catch lightning in a bottle though *not sarcasm* 👍

I hear what you are saying, but all of those passes came from Allen... not Bortles, and I'm not sure a couple weeks worth of practice is enough to get him up to speed with their starting QB. That and the Jags are a run first team with a controlling D... not a whole lot of garbage time left on the schedule, as they play some pretty weak teams minus Seattle.

I hope you can catch lightning in a bottle though *not sarcasm*

That's really all it is for me--one roster spot to try to grab a winner. Had Hollins in there briefly, Corey Coleman, guys like that. Dede has the skills. And frankly I'm not sure Lee is really all that great. Could be that a better WR in that same offense could go off. Not super likely, but possible.

I'm rolling with DeDe this week because in 5 years I won't remember if my team made the playoffs but I will remember DeDe going for 8/220/2 in his NFL debut.

I'm rolling with DeDe this week because in 5 years I won't remember if my team made the playoffs but I will remember DeDe going for 8/220/2 in his NFL debut.

Dementia strikes some people early, it's true :)

(Good luck dude. I have but him but not starting, hope for us both he does something.)

He made it over 1/6th of the way to his prediction :overhead:

At least he got targets... although hurns was out... I'm slightly encouraged going forward, and I may have to hop on the train with woods and Benjamin hurt...

Bad weather and facing a good defense...but it was clear he was the best WR on the field to anyone watching. Crystal clear, like the Pepsi.

Why has all the enthusiasm for Dede dissipated?

He had 6 targets in his first game...that is encouraging. More than Doctson but less than Davis. The question is - how did he look?

With Hurns out in week two and Lee being covered by Peterson, is this the week?