Sign in to follow this  
rottytiny

How do guys rank the waiver rbs this week?

So how do you guys rank these guys for waiver pickups? I get a free pickup for season ending injuries for drafted player (cook), these are the guys available but need to pick up tonight. I see these guys all mentioned but how do you guys rank in order of who to grab first??

Gallman

Rawls

Lacy

Collins

McKinnon

Tough. If you lost Cook and are hurting at RB, I think if Lat Murray is available, he would be my first choice. I just think he's the safest bet to put up something resembling flex worthy numbers from here on out. Collins seems to have the highest upside, followed by Gallman, and then the dumpster fire that is the Seattle backfield. McKinnon is worth more of a look in PPR, but I don't see him being anything more than a desperation dart throw.

In the order I'd like to acquire them.

Seriously? I'm at a loss. I don't see anyone that could possibly replace or even come close to Cook's #s. A sea of nothingness. :cry:

• Like 2

Tough. If you lost Cook and are hurting at RB, I think if Lat Murray is available, he would be my first choice. I just think he's the safest bet to put up something resembling flex worthy numbers from here on out. Collins seems to have the highest upside, followed by Gallman, and then the dumpster fire that is the Seattle backfield. McKinnon is worth more of a look in PPR, but I don't see him being anything more than a desperation dart throw.

Murray is gone, tried trading for him all yearm guy wouldnt budge, lol

In the order I'd like to acquire them.

Seriously? I'm at a loss. I don't see anyone that could possibly replace or even come close to Cook's #s. A sea of nothingness. :cry:

I agree but have to roll the dice on someone for atleast bye week filler

I like McKinnon's versatility and he's a proven pass catcher. Murray is glass. Unlike the Giants and the Hawks, the Vikings seem more willing to stick with one bellcow.

To me McKinnon is more valuable than Murray.

• Like 1

I like McKinnon's versatility and he's a proven pass catcher. Murray is glass. Unlike the Giants and the Hawks, the Vikings seem more willing to stick with one bellcow.

McKinnon looks like he could be a good back. Good speed and a solid pass catcher, but if the Viking believed in McKinnon, they wouldn't have drafted Cook or signed Murray.

McKinnon looks like he could be a good back. Good speed and a solid pass catcher, but if the Viking believed in McKinnon, they wouldn't have drafted Cook or signed Murray.

Not true.. They drafted Cook because he was an upgrade. I don't think they lost belief in McKinnon because of this..

Perhaps they don't feel McKinnon has ability to hold up as a first or second down back... he's more of a specialty back, but I just think he has a higher upside than Murray.

Not true.. They drafted Cook because he was an upgrade. I don't think they lost belief in McKinnon because of this..

Perhaps they don't feel McKinnon has ability to hold up as a first or second down back... he's more of a specialty back, but I just think he has a higher upside than Murray.

I'm a diehard Vikes fan, and I can tell you that they do not see McKinnon as an every down RB. He's good as what he does in the pass game, but he doesn't have the size to withstand being an every down player, and he hasn't progressed in his ability to read plays like they were hoping either. His vision isn't great, and he hasn't progressed as a pass blocker, which is needed with the way our o-line is still in transition.

That's why it was Asiata and not McKinnon that was the better fantasy player the years that AP wasn't able to play. I think they've given up trying to fit McKinnon into the box of a starting RB, and will only utilize him in ways conducive to his skill set.

Murray may not be anything special, but he's still better than Asiata, and that can be good enough to be an every week flex/spot starter in fantasy. Both are available in my league, and I'll be bidding on Murray.

• Like 2

This is how I feel too but it should be noted that McKinnon left the game with an ankle injury and is questionable for next week. Cook got injured with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd and Murray came in when MIN got the ball back with 8 minutes to go in 3rd and put up 6.60 PPR points, which is a respectable return given the time allotted (i didn't see his name in the logs earlier).

• Like 1

I'm a diehard Vikes fan, and I can tell you that they do not see McKinnon as an every down RB. He's good as what he does in the pass game, but he doesn't have the size to withstand being an every down player, and he hasn't progressed in his ability to read plays like they were hoping either. His vision isn't great, and he hasn't progressed as a pass blocker, which is needed with the way our o-line is still in transition.

That's why it was Asiata and not McKinnon that was the better fantasy player the years that AP wasn't able to play. I think they've given up trying to fit McKinnon into the box of a starting RB, and will only utilize him in ways conducive to his skill set.

Murray may not be anything special, but he's still better than Asiata, and that can be good enough to be an every week flex/spot starter in fantasy. Both are available in my league, and I'll be bidding on Murray.

Thanks for this perspective.

PPR or 1/2pr

Camara - Perterson is done and NO will be playing form behind a lot.. the kid can flat out play.

Ellington - showing some life and is the only rb worth owning in AZ backfield that passes the ball a lot.

Murray - will get volume. no way to tell how recovered he is from the surgery but worth a pickup in all formats.

Mckinon - waste of space. The guy couldn't beat out asiata the last two years and will repeatedly disappoint.

Beside the super obvious, this week I like Aaron Jones the most.

I already blew my WW budget on Cohen the first week. With little $ i have left, Aaron Jones gives me the highest upside with the highest risk.

Lat Murray should be owned in all formats.

He is no world beater, but they are going to give him a chance to earn that money now.

Vikes offense is decent enough to support a fantasy relevant back, and Lat has to know that this is his best and last chance.

Beside the super obvious, this week I like Aaron Jones the most.

I already blew my WW budget on Cohen the first week. With little $ i have left, Aaron Jones gives me the highest upside with the highest risk.

He looks like my target also.

Still available in my 14 teamer.

He looks like my target also.

Still available in my 14 teamer.

People are over looking him from all the sites I am reading. Few reasons I like him:

1. He is in a good team with running back performed in the past.

2. He is in a team that will give the best running back the job if he performed (Switched from Lacy to Ty)

3. Unknown commodity with 1 week or more audition. (Ty and Jamaal are hurt)

4. Jamaal has looked like another JAG through out pre season and regular season. Ty looks to be out a few weeks (Greenbay are in need of WRs, he could switch back if Jones can takeover)

5. Aaron Rogers praised how good the kid is. (It is always good sign to spot head coach or key players praising you)

Ugg...what a weird week. I have the number 1 waiver pick.....don't really need a RB (Hunt, Hyde, Demarco, Henry, Doug Martin, foreman)

Fuller

Funchess

Jaron Brown

Are available....but I doubt they start over Baldwin, thielen, and KB?

Or do I grab Murray and get super Rb depth? I've offered the pick up for a WR...no takers.

I realize some of these may not be available in your league, but in small leagues they might, so my rankings are:

Kamara;

Murray;

Smallwood;

Rawls / Lacy (yes they were dropped in my 10-team leagues);

A.Jones;

Your Mom;

Collins;

Gallman;

McGuire

McKissic

I just noticed Duke Johnson is available in mine, rate him above all the rest?

And why is nobody listing Ellington, been there done that?

Lat Murray should be owned in all formats.He is no world beater, but they are going to give him a chance to earn that money now.Vikes offense is decent enough to support a fantasy relevant back, and Lat has to know that this is his best and last chance.

2 down back not 100% even now

• Like 1

Ugg...what a weird week. I have the number 1 waiver pick.....don't really need a RB (Hunt, Hyde, Demarco, Henry, Doug Martin, foreman)

Fuller

Funchess

Jaron Brown

Or do I grab Murray and get super Rb depth? I've offered the pick up for a WR...no takers.

if you're not using them, then you're pulling the c-block...if you're gonna c-block...try to do so with the hottest girl at the party.

Fuller

Funchess

Jaron Brown

I have been sitting on the #1 waiver priority for a while in one league and I am going to go ahead and use it this week on Murray even though I am already somewhat heavy at RB.

I just have a feeling that I will regret it if I don't.

if you're not using them, then you're pulling the c-block...if you're gonna c-block...try to do so with the hottest girl at the party.

Problem is every girl at THIS party is broken down, used poosy.....or girls that are moving back home after this weekend not to be seen again.

Guess I'll use it on Murray.

I like aaron Jones for this week, not sure how well for the rest of the season.

That's the problem. He's ideal if you have a bye. Rest of year it's Murray or Gallman.

Ugg.....going back and forth on Fuller or Murray.

Really have no use for Murray, since nobody wanted to trade me a WR for the waiver pick....doubt someone will trade me one for Murray if I grab him.

Powell over all of these guys? Kicking myself for not picking him up last week.

It's really a crap shoot, never been this hard to pick a RB.

Murray has volume but could suck. Oh and isn't his ankle still not 💯?

A Jones is a 1-2 week play.

Collins is 1 fumble away from the practice squad.

Gallman is a huge unknown on a team that can't run.

Lacy is fat. Rawls...who the hell knows.

It's just awful.

I like Jones for 1 week and Gallman intrigues me. That's about it, I might just save my waiver and see who falls to me free.

• Like 1

I think Jones has a real chance at being more than a one week play. I see two things that can happen in Green Bay. Either Montgomery comes back, resumes his workload and gets hurt again, or they work someone into the mix. Jones has looked better than Williams in limited action and Rodgers has spoken highly of him.

Everybody is pretty iffy at best. Im going for Jones personally, but I own Ty Mont and think he may be the better handcuff after watching last week. He honestly looks like the most explosive back they own, but it's Montgomery's backfield to lose.

Well I have now lost David Johnson, Carson, and Ty Montgomery (temporarily).

I think you're all wrong on Jones. They'll play Ripkowski and Cobb in the backfield too, and mostly throw.

This weeks top adds for me:

Andre Ellington

Latavius Murray

Will Fuller

Obviously if you have Ty, you can be somewhat bias. But Ripkowski?

I can understand why it would make sense to you.

On no, they wouldn't play a backup running back that in case he plays very well, could steal the job. They will play a fullback and WR until my RB1 return and get me to championship.

They'll feed Aaron Jones this week. Cobb might get 2 touches out of the backfield from a jet sweep or two. 2 touches for Rip also (maybe a goal-line).

Jones is a solid back and the Packers know Ty Mont. is still a WR. Call him a RB all you want but he's a WR. I can easily see a timeshare once Ty is back as the pack realizes they can't run him like a true workhorse back.

Pretty good morning.

Figured Latavius would get claimed by the guy with #1 priority since he's also a previous Dalvin owner, and he did, but that moved me from waiver priority 3 to 2. So that's still progress.

Was able to get as unclaimed free agents Gallman, Ellington, A Collins and Rawls, but got snaked on Aaron Jones by like 5 seconds.