Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

IndyCar Racing

Anybody watch this? I am usually not a racing fan (Nascar). I have tried to watch but I just cannot get into it. I was flipping through the stations a few weeks ago and came across this IndyCar racing on NBCSN. They were racing in Texas. Holy crap, that was an exciting race. Anyway, they race today at 1pm est at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. It looks like it's gonna be a road course for those interested.

220 on DirecTV

Anybody watch this? I am usually not a racing fan (Nascar). I have tried to watch but I just cannot get into it. I was flipping through the stations a few weeks ago and came across this IndyCar racing on NBCSN. They were racing in Texas. Holy crap, that was an exciting race. Anyway, they race today at 1pm est at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. It looks like it's gonna be a road course for those interested.

220 on DirecTV

I watch it on occasion. I like F1 better, but at least in Indy Car they do quite a bit of passing.

Crazy mofo's for sure

I watch it on occasion. I like F1 better, but at least in Indy Car they do quite a bit of passing.

Crazy mofo's for sure

I missed that F1 race this morning. It's on again tonight at 9. They raced in Azerbaijan. When they do a pit stop it's insane how fast they are.

I missed that F1 race this morning. It's on again tonight at 9. They raced in Azerbaijan. When they do a pit stop it's insane how fast they are.

I watched the qualifying.

I love me some Team Ferarri and absolutely loath Mercedes

Indy car's are great. The power to weight ratio makes them extremely agile and fast. When I went to racing school we drove Indy style cars on track, but with much less power than these guys. I try to watch the Indy 500 every year. It has such history and tradition. Beyond that, I'll watch select races such as today's. That being said, I have a few problems with Indy car racing:

1) They death mobiles IMO. If you get airborne you're shitting a brick hoping not to hit your head.

2) They only have about 20-22 cars per race. In some races you end up with 5-10 cars finishing. Easy to get top 10's when it only takes 10 cars to crash. God forbid you have a "big one" like happens in NASCAR on occasion.

3) They rely on gimmicks to make the races more competitive - You have to run two different tires, one with less grip than the other, during the race. You have a "push to pass" button that temporarily gives your car extra HP. If you have to rely on gimmicks your product just isn't that compelling

BTW, NASCAR is racing a road course today as well. It starts right around the time this race ends. Sonoma is a great track.

BTW, NASCAR is racing a road course today as well. It starts right around the time this race ends. Sonoma is a great track.

Been to that race at least 4 times in the past. Lots of fun

Been to that race at least 4 times in the past. Lots of fun

I'm jealous. Would love to see that one live.

But....I have driven that track a few times. Even had a minor wreck in to the tire barriers near the top of the hill between turns 1 and 2.