Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Rashaad Penny out 3-4 weeks with broken finger

Ian Rapoport is reporting...

Sources: #Seahawks first-round RB Rashaad Penny flew to Philly tonight and is having surgery to repair a finger injury that includes a broken bone first thing Wednesday morning. Hes out 3-4 weeks, which means hes right up against the start of the season.

Tough season so far for rookie rb's. Outside of Barkley. It seems all the excitement just 1 month ago is now deflating rather quickly.

Tough season so far for rookie rb's. Outside of Barkley. It seems all the excitement just 1 month ago is now deflating rather quickly.

While the other hype trains are returning to station, the Keryon Johnson is just starting board.

While the other hype trains are returning to station, the Keryon Johnson is just starting board.

I am not sold on him. The Lions have a lot of talent at rb on the team. Plus, I didn't think his Performance was all that great. He broke some runs on draw plays with decent holes. Then he almost got arm tackled twice. It looked to me like his head was down. I didn't see a guy who was scanning the field to choose his lane.

I am not sold on him. The Lions have a lot of talent at rb on the team. Plus, I didn't think his Performance was all that great. He broke some runs on draw plays with decent holes. Then he almost got arm tackled twice. It looked to me like his head was down. I didn't see a guy who was scanning the field to choose his lane.

I didn't see the preseason game so I can't comment on that. What I saw in college was a guy who completely changed the way his offense functioned and fought through injuries. Not sure there was a better RB performance in college last year than his against Alabama in their first meeting.

I didn't see the preseason game so I can't comment on that. What I saw in college was a guy who completely changed the way his offense functioned and fought through injuries. Not sure there was a better RB performance in college last year than his against Alabama in their first meeting.

Isn't he one of those guys who needs to build up speed to get going?

Then once he's at top speed, tough to take down. Doesn't really create his own stuff, needs the whole already opened.

I might be wrong, just asking. You seem to have followed him much more than me.

Chris Carson :wub:

I'm guessing my run of getting him in every league is going to come to an end pretty soon. :angry:

Adam Schefter is reporting that Penny should be available week 1, still like Carson provided his stock doesn't rise too much.

Just don’t forger about Blount.

I think he will be the proven pro goalline rb.

I would like too see Carson’s stock go way up, so others will over spend for him.

Isn't he one of those guys who needs to build up speed to get going?

Then once he's at top speed, tough to take down. Doesn't really create his own stuff, needs the whole already opened.

I might be wrong, just asking. You seem to have followed him much more than me.

I'm a big college fan, but not an Auburn fan so I don't want to make it seem like I watched every snap of his. From what I saw, I think he has potential to be a workhorse. He's not a combine warrior and doesn't have generational talent, but he ran with a grit and toughness that isn't seen all that often in college and had capable hands. The ability to get the 4th or 5th yard on a running play is a bit underrated by scouts and I think he has it. I believe vision is hard to project from college to the NFL and the main reason RBs bust, so maybe he has it maybe he doesn't.

Just dont forger about Blount.

I think he will be the proven pro goalline rb.

I would like too see Carsons stock go way up, so others will over spend for him.

Blount is on the lions. But similar situation over there too.

Blount is on the lions. But similar situation over there too.

Sorry my fault

I was answering two questions.

That was my fault

Blount is the reason I am a little shy about K Johnson.

Again my fault sorry.

Sorry my fault

I was answering two questions.

That was my fault

Blount is the reason I am a little shy about K Johnson.

Again my fault sorry.

I think this one can be pinned on me, as I brought Johnson into this thread.

I think Blount will take a few TDs away, but Johnson isn't a light weight and should be capable at the goal line.

I think this one can be pinned on me, as I brought Johnson into this thread.

I think Blount will take a few TDs away, but Johnson isn't a light weight and should be capable at the goal line.

Agreed

Johnson should be able too handle goalline work, but coaches tend too trust the ol vet and proven guy like Blount.

I think that will be the role, Blount for short yardage and Johnson first and second down and then Riddick for the passing game.

So I’m being very cautious about k Johnson in my redraft this season.

comparing johnson to abdullah might be comparing apples to oranges and there were some injuries along the way with abdullah. but, what you described (the RBBC) basically happend with abdullah as well. factor in the lions also sling it so much - i'm a little wary of johnson

Agreed

Johnson should be able too handle goalline work, but coaches tend too trust the ol vet and proven guy like Blount.

I think that will be the role, Blount for short yardage and Johnson first and second down and then Riddick for the passing game.

So I’m being very cautious about k Johnson in my redraft this season.

comparing johnson to abdullah might be comparing apples to oranges and there were some injuries along the way with abdullah. but, what you described (the RBBC) basically happend with abdullah as well. factor in the lions also sling it so much - i'm a little wary of johnson

I think the Lions have been forced to sling it due to an inept running game. If given the opportunity, I think they would have wanted to establish more of a ground game, but due to ineffectiveness and injuries they weren't able to. They also have a new coaching staff, lead by a defensive minded head coach. History tells us defensive minded head coaches are more likely to utilize the running game. Drafting a center with the first round pick and using a second on a predominately between the tackles runner also leads me to believe they want to run it more. I see Johnson getting around 15 touches a game, 70ish yards and scores a handful of TDs making him a viable flex play a lot of weeks. If Blount or Riddick goes down or Johnson is a more complete back than he currently is projected as, he could be a weekly RB2 with RB1 upside.