Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

AP and Charles

Couldnt find thread with same question in one so started new one. Where should we draft AP and Charles? I was fired up about AP last week but this week im trying to fire my self up on Charles. Charles is 10 months+ removed from knee surgery and has played in both preseason games. He has 12 carries for 89 yards(6.9 ypc) and 3 catches for 29 yards while AP has not played yet and Charles got injured almost a full year before AP did.

I am seriously thinking about taking him at 1.11 or 2.2 tonight :unsure:

Here is good article on the two from 8/12

http://nflsoup.com/adrian-peterson-vs-jamaal-charles-who-do-you-draft/

Couldnt find thread with same question in one so started new one. Where should we draft AP and Charles? I was fired up about AP last week but this week im trying to fire my self up on Charles. Charles is 10 months+ removed from knee surgery and has played in both preseason games. He has 12 carries for 89 yards(6.9 ypc) and 3 catches for 29 yards while AP has not played yet and Charles got injured almost a full year before AP did.

I am seriously thinking about taking him at 1.11 or 2.2 tonight :unsure:

Here is good article on the two from 8/12

http://nflsoup.com/adrian-peterson-vs-jamaal-charles-who-do-you-draft/

Charles has looked good and I have no issue taking him where you are talking about, depending on who else is there given that drop off at RB by the time you pick in the 3rd. AP on the other hand is going higher than I would take him Gerhart has looked good in the power run game and in the passing game. I don't think they will rush AP back as long as Gerhart continues to play well.

Charles has looked good and I have no issue taking him where you are talking about, depending on who else is there given that drop off at RB by the time you pick in the 3rd. AP on the other hand is going higher than I would take him Gerhart has looked good in the power run game and in the passing game. I don't think they will rush AP back as long as Gerhart continues to play well.

Yup. The thread asking if anyone has seen Charles play this preseason got me to look for a highlight and then i saw highlights and he looked pretty damn good. Hillis has looked good but i do not think he will take alot away from Charles. However Hillis is a dam good receiver out of backfield also and will get most goal line.

You've got no guarantee that these guys will have the same burst that they had before their injury. Meanwhile in both cases, you've got extremely solid backups. Gerhart and Hillis are both starter quality RBs with the track record to prove it. They're going to get their carries and the coaching staffs wouold be foolish to lean so heavily on a dinged player with the luxury of these quality healthy backup RBs on the roster.

At the price they're going for.... not interested.

I'd take Charles in the early second round. Watched his preseason highlights and he looks pre-injury fast.

AP is on a much different timetable. He scares me. I'm close to putting him on my DND list.

I'd take Charles in the early second round. Watched his preseason highlights and he looks pre-injury fast.

AP is on a much different timetable. He scares me. I'm close to putting him on my DND list.

Yeah that is about what im thinking now. I dont think guy behind me will take Charles so i may take flier on Charles at 2.2

Ive moved MJD down my rankings and Charles is moving on up.

Tier 1	
1	LeSean McCoy, Phi (7) 
2	Arian Foster, Hou (8) 
3	Ray Rice, Bal (8) 

Tier 2	
4	Chris Johnson, Ten (11) 
5	Darren McFadden, Oak (5) 
6	Matt Forte, Chi (6) 
7	Jamaal Charles, KC (7) 
8	MJD, Jac (6) 
9	DeMarco Murray, Dal (5) 
10	Adrian Peterson, Min (11)