Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Chargers at Steelers: In-Game Discussion

Inactives

Chargers: RB Melvin Gordon, CB Jeff Richards, DE Chris Landrum, C Cole Toner, OT Joe Barksdale, OG Forrest Lamp, NT Brandon Mebane

Steelers: OT Zach Banner, SS Morgan Burnett, OT Marcus Gilbert, QB Mason Rudolph, CB Cameron Sutton, DE L.T. Walton, WR James Washington

With Gordon out and me playing Rivers, if this game follows script from earlier today with my wannabes I'm sure Chargers will run it 50 times.

Refs blew that play, obvious false start

Holy Fock. And that announcer hopes someone is not fired over it. WTF??

Refs blew that play, obvious false start

Lol, that's Tevi's fourth of the game, though the most obvious. This is on Tomlin for not working the refs all along. In fact, Okung had one as well.

Fingers crossed that Jaylen Samuels' appearances in the backfield in the last minute were just a passing thing and not a development that carries over into the 2nd Half.

Fingers crossed that Jaylen Samuels' appearances in the backfield in the last minute were just a passing thing and not a development that carries over into the 2nd Half.

kinda looked like Conner maybe hurt his shoulder

Does the Chargers O-line hate Ekeler? Justin Jackson looks like friggin Barry Sanders

No Bell cannot play this season.

If its a high ankle sprain then it could be as short as 1-2 weeks (seems optimistic) or as long as 7 weeks.

High ankle sprains are 4 week minimum and usually 6 weeks.

Typical ankle sprain is two weeks.

Interesting strategy by the Steelers there at the end. Try to guess the snap count and hope for a block, but I don't agree with it against a rookie kicker from 40 yards.

Patriots are clearly the best afc team once again

Conner and his owners are done.

Not if they have the #1 waiver pick and can play Sammuels in the TE slot to go along with Fournette and McCaffrey.

Conners injury is considered minor, he may even play Sunday, good call though...

You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn.

I was so despondent i couldn't even post last night.

I need someone to explain to me how the Steelers rushed the football 17 times. You are leading by 16 pts and get the ball to open the 2nd half, and you less than 10 times?

I need someone to tell me how the Steelers are consistently SOOOOO bad on special teams?

I need someone to tell how at a critical point of the game you have a LB matched up on Keenan Allen?! We're talking about a pro-bowl WR and you're trying to cover him with a LB???

I need someone to explain to me how Roethlisberger is so freakin teflon coated that he comes away without any blame? He's thrown multiple players under the bus this season for stupid mistakes...but this time nobody fumbled, nobody dropped an easy catch...Ben GIFTED one with a horrible throw in the redzone for an INT that KILLED momentum.

This team may make the playoffs, but they are done...biggest choke artists in the league right now.

i hear you. maybe i'm sour grapes, but i feel like the refs kept the chargers in the game

I was so despondent i couldn't even post last night.

I need someone to explain to me how the Steelers rushed the football 17 times. You are leading by 16 pts and get the ball to open the 2nd half, and you less than 10 times?

I need someone to tell me how the Steelers are consistently SOOOOO bad on special teams?

I need someone to tell how at a critical point of the game you have a LB matched up on Keenan Allen?! We're talking about a pro-bowl WR and you're trying to cover him with a LB???

I need someone to explain to me how Roethlisberger is so freakin teflon coated that he comes away without any blame? He's thrown multiple players under the bus this season for stupid mistakes...but this time nobody fumbled, nobody dropped an easy catch...Ben GIFTED one with a horrible throw in the redzone for an INT that KILLED momentum.

This team may make the playoffs, but they are done...biggest choke artists in the league right now.

i hear you. maybe i'm sour grapes, but i feel like the refs kept the chargers in the game

That missed false start on the TD was huge, but you can't put yourself in that position. Three penalties on the winning FG don't help either. Guy goes from taking a 40+ yrd kick (as rookie mind you) to a chip shot because the same guy on the Steelers (looking at you Artie Burns) goes offside times in a row. Great teams step on necks and put their opponent out of their misery, not let them hang around and build hope. That letting off the gas is on Tomlin IMO.

...and there it is... It is always the refs fault...

...and there it is... It is always the refs fault...

Was it a bad call or not?

• Like 1

SO glad Chargers pulled that one out! I've always liked Rivers and always felt he deserved to be on a better team, and now it looks like he is. And before any Steeler fans jump me, just imagine if Ben and Rivers had been on each others teams over the years-I bet Rivers would have at least 2 SB's. And how many times (SB win over Seattle) have Stealers benefited from the refs? PLUS you had probably the dirtiest player in NFL history in Hines Ward.

SO glad Chargers pulled that one out! I've always liked Rivers and always felt he deserved to be on a better team, and now it looks like he is. And before any Steeler fans jump me, just imagine if Ben and Rivers had been on each others teams over the years-I bet Rivers would have at least 2 SB's. And how many times (SB win over Seattle) have Stealers benefited from the refs? PLUS you had probably the dirtiest player in NFL history in Hines Ward.

Yeah, Rivers hasn't had any talent around him. Except the HOF running back and TE. Poor Phil.

Yeah, Rivers hasn't had any talent around him. Except the HOF running back and TE. Poor Phil.

Sure, compare the Charger defense to the one's Ben has had...………………………….

that 04 draft class...i was PRAYING for Rivers to fall to the Steelers. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a person the quality of Rivers in black and gold vs Roethlisberger, who is by all accounts a huge doosh...and they would likely be a better team as well.

That missed false start on the TD was huge, but you can't put yourself in that position. Three penalties on the winning FG don't help either. Guy goes from taking a 40+ yrd kick (as rookie mind you) to a chip shot because the same guy on the Steelers (looking at you Artie Burns) goes offside times in a row. Great teams step on necks and put their opponent out of their misery, not let them hang around and build hope. That letting off the gas is on Tomlin IMO.

Those refs were incompetent, especially the line judge. Go back and watch that game closely prior to the Bolts first score. That was Tuva's FOURTH false start of the game, though the TD play was the most blatant. Go back and watch. What's more, Okung had one as well at LT. It's pretty simple, if the offensive lineman even moves a fraction of a second before that ball is snapped it's ten yards and a do over. Period. The Charger's line does this better than any in the league. You got to watch close, but it's noticeable and then EASILY discernible with freeze frame. That line judge needs to lose his job.

Those refs were incompetent, especially the line judge. Go back and watch that game closely prior to the Bolts first score. That was Tuva's FOURTH false start of the game, though the TD play was the most blatant. Go back and watch. What's more, Okung had one as well at LT. It's pretty simple, if the offensive lineman even moves a fraction of a second before that ball is snapped it's ten yards and a do over. Period. The Charger's line does this better than any in the league. You got to watch close, but it's noticeable and then EASILY discernible with freeze frame. That line judge needs to lose his job.

Illegal procedure is a 5-yard penalty...

Must be a Steeler fan...

Did you see the breakdown of the FG kick. Apparently all 3 times the snapper twists his hand with the ball in it, which may have caused the 3 offsides calls. Again, I'm not making excuses...the game NEVER should have been in the position it was in. The calls contributed, but a collapse this big is on the coaches.