Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Gutsy Calls That Helped You Win?

So this is a bit of a toot your own horn thread. But it feels good to make some gutsy calls that helped you win the game. Almost puts the coaching aspect back in FF.

League 1:

Rodgers over Wilson

Ebron over Rudolph

Winning 93-90 with Evans left. Wilson would've put me in a hole.

League 2:

Brees over Rivers

How I lost league 3?

Playing V. Davis over Olsen :thumbsdown:

Picking up Olsen 3 weeks ago and starting him yesterday. Went to swap him out for Brate 5 minutes before kickoff and stopped myself.

Picking up Olsen 3 weeks ago and starting him yesterday. Went to swap him out for Brate 5 minutes before kickoff and stopped myself.

Nice call. I dropped Brate for Vernon Davis and rolled with Davis over Olsen. Painful.

Dumped Winston to the WW to start Bortles. I guess I may be proven wrong tonight, we'll see. I doubt Winston is going to throw for over 300+, 3TD and no INT though.

Picking up Olsen 3 weeks ago and starting him yesterday. Went to swap him out for Brate 5 minutes before kickoff and stopped myself.[/quote

Wow congrats.

Bortles.....but I kind of had to, Carr WAS my starter and Bortles has a decent matchup again next week-seeya Carr! HAHA, and my 2nd WR (Cooks, Dez, Goodwin) is always a gutsy and mostly wrong call! Good luck everybody.

Bortles.....but I kind of had to, Carr WAS my starter and Bortles has a decent matchup again next week-seeya Carr! HAHA, and my 2nd WR (Cooks, Dez, Goodwin) is always a gutsy and mostly wrong call! Good luck everybody.

Bortles has a nice matchup next week too. I might roll with him again.

with Seattle weather looking wet and windy, put year-long kicking stud Legatron on bench, and picked up Robbie Gould to start instead. Gould gets me 19 .....and I won by 3 points, pulling past a team that had Gurley-man and Ingram.

with Seattle weather looking wet and windy, put year-long kicking stud Legatron on bench, and picked up Robbie Gould to start instead. Gould gets me 19 .....and I won by 3 points, pulling past a team that had Gurley-man and Ingram.

I have Gurley and Ingram and if I would have lost because of a kicker I would have punched the wall. My opponent actually did the same thing picking up Gould fortunate for me that was his best player this week.

Jimmy G over Wentz

Does that count of the player is out due to injury?

• Like 1

Mine is pretty negative.

Didn't rank Kareem Hunt high enough because I feared Spencer Ware, yes we draft early.

Didn't rank Kamara early enough fearing Adrian Peterson involvement.

I was onto both but didn't pull the trigger in either case.

This past week in consolation tourney I played Rod Smith over Orleans Darkwa but got killed due to Kareem Hunt.

started foles over ryan's great matchup vs tbb

once hogan was declared inactive, chose r matthews over d. murray vs sf

Dropped Rodgers for Greg Olsen.

#2 seed picked up Rodgers and before Atlanta won looked like he was going to burn me in the championship this week.

Dumped Winston to the WW to start Bortles. I guess I may be proven wrong tonight, we'll see. I doubt Winston is going to throw for over 300+, 3TD and no INT though.

Well, you were right. He only threw for 299. :) Hope it still worked out for you.

Well, you were right. He only threw for 299. :) Hope it still worked out for you.

Funny......

That's a huge difference in some leagues, In a couple of mine that extra yards is worth 7 points!

Too funny, Winston actually outscored Bortles by a small amount! They were within .8 points of each other.

Still, I wouldn't have felt comfortable with Winston in there, he's burned me on numerous occasions this season and has been very inconsistent.

Also I was looking at the matchup for the playoff finals, and Winston is not a good play. Bortles has a good looking play vs. San Fran. I will probably go with Foles against Oakland.

Jimmy G over Alex Smith

Didn’t they both score about the same this past week? I don’t see how that change helped you win.

I played FOLES over Alex the Great. I was plead with that decision.

I am upset at myself for cutting Juju before his suspension thinking I could get him back, but I was surprised in that someone picked him up before I could. I really wish I had him today.