Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Article: Workload Projections

Very interesting and very good thank you.

That's pretty good stuff. In looking at the Bucs projections that looks pretty good. One thing I do think may be a little off are the projections for Brate & Howard. While the Bucs did use a lot of 12 personnel, it was because their OLine couple block anyone, not because they love the formation. Howard's biggest contribution this year, I believe, will be as the blocking TE and less involved in the passing game. I think Brate's targets will be closer to Jackson's and Howard's closer to Humphries.

That's pretty good stuff. In looking at the Bucs projections that looks pretty good. One thing I do think may be a little off are the projections for Brate & Howard. While the Bucs did use a lot of 12 personnel, it was because their OLine couple block anyone, not because they love the formation. Howard's biggest contribution this year, I believe, will be as the blocking TE and less involved in the passing game. I think Brate's targets will be closer to Jackson's and Howard's closer to Humphries.

Thanks.

To your point, I'm not sure the o-line did much to improve this offseason. Brate had 81 targets last year and I don't see how he will see more with Howard around, unless Evans takes a bigger hit than I'm projecting. Still, I have Brate at 68 for this year. I have Howard at 54 targets, which should put him in the 40-catch range. I don't think that is asking the world.

Need to add this to my read list, now I don't know if I should use this or coordinator tendencies as a cheatsheet helper. Too much information :shocking:

Thanks.

To your point, I'm not sure the o-line did much to improve this offseason. Brate had 81 targets last year and I don't see how he will see more with Howard around, unless Evans takes a bigger hit than I'm projecting. Still, I have Brate at 68 for this year. I have Howard at 54 targets, which should put him in the 40-catch range. I don't think that is asking the world.

Agreed, Tampa didn't do much to improve their line... with the exception of drafting Howard. Howard is an exceptional blocker compared to his current teammates, that's really the only reason why I don't think his targets will be as high as many expect. I think Brate finishes this year right around where he was last year and he'll take those from Howard who I expect to not only start off slow in the passing game as he gets acclimated to the NFL playbook and system, but also because he's a way better blocker than Brate (already - that's how bad Brate is on that front), and they'll need him to block. No, I don't think 40 catches is asking for the world... but I think it's just a bit too high. Now I know people aren't going to be drafting Howard for redrafts that much, but I think Brate will have a much better year than what people expect. And granted, we're not talking about Earth shattering numbers here, after all, it's pretty much less than 1 target per game. I think Brate will have around 80 (high 70's/low 80's), and I think Howard will be around 40 (high 30's/low 40's).

I assure you, I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, LOL. Just that I think the Bucs are going to be using Howard a lot more as a blocker than what most think based on the lack of attention they gave to the improvement of the OLine which was practically a turnstile last year.

I assure you, I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, LOL. Just that I think the Bucs are going to be using Howard a lot more as a blocker than what most think based on the lack of attention they gave to the improvement of the OLine which was practically a turnstile last year.

I didn't take it like that, meaning there was no way I could be right :P I just have a hard time seeing Brate's targets staying the same or increasing when they added two very nice weapons. But unlike what I said on draft day, I do think Brate will be the better fantasy play over Howard by a wide margin this year.

Need to add this to my read list, now I don't know if I should use this or coordinator tendencies as a cheatsheet helper. Too much information :shocking:

:lol:

Unless you love doing your own projections, I'd spend more time on this article, since I put a fair amount of stock into the tendencies when I projected each team.

• Like 1

I'm guessing you guys are expecting Elliott to be suspended about 2 games? Because I don't see McFadden getting that many carries if Zeke is not suspended.

I'm guessing you guys are expecting Elliott to be suspended about 2 games? Because I don't see McFadden getting that many carries if Zeke is not suspended.

I think I put that in the write-up, but yes, I assumed a two-game suspension.

Really really good stuff. This is why I love this site. It helps me every year without fail. Everyone needs an edge drafting. This place is my edge. I never tell anyone in my money league about this site. Sorry FFtoday guys! Lol.

• Like 1

Really really good stuff. This is why I love this site. It helps me every year without fail. Everyone needs an edge drafting. This place is my edge. I never tell anyone in my money league about this site. Sorry FFtoday guys! Lol.

Hah! Same here, Kent.

:cheers:

Your testimonial will likely end up in our next newsletter. Thanks Kent!

• Like 2

:cheers: :pointstosky: :thumbsup: :banana: :first: