Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Jay Cutler

well maybe since Mike Vick, Cutler sucks ass, Matt Ryan will have a better career than him

Im not a Falcons fan, just sick of all the damm Cutler hype. I dont see it, I dont care if he has a rifle, plenty of QB's have rifles, he just doesnt have that "it" factor, I think Ryan definitely has "it"

I think the guy just has too much pressure on him. He's forced to throw it with such a bad run D and his D basically forcing him into shootouts. With teams doubling Marshall, he's barely left with any options...Royal's nicked up and just decent, Scheffler and Stokley have been out, Darrell Jackson is plain over the hill, his backs can't catch well, and yeah, he has made bad decisions recently. He's still got major league talent, and hopefully he'll produce in his career.

well maybe since Mike Vick, Cutler sucks ass, Matt Ryan will have a better career than him

Im not a Falcons fan, just sick of all the damm Cutler hype. I dont see it, I dont care if he has a rifle, plenty of QB's have rifles, he just doesnt have that "it" factor, I think Ryan definitely has "it"

Seriously are you a moron?

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

both taken in the same draft with much more hoopla. Pick one of the three. Then take your thumb out of your ass and delete this thread.

if that damn 77 yard td to marshall would have counted you might not be sayin he is overrated. it was a bullshit call on marshall for PI

if that damn 77 yard td to marshall would have counted you might not be sayin he is overrated. it was a bullshit call on marshall for PI

Tom Brady

Cutler is a great QB who is starting to develop some Farvian bad habits because he feels he has to make plays for his team to even have a chance to win. Since Denver has NO defense, he usually doesn't have the luxury of short drive field position.

Also, he needs to score TOUCHDOWNS in order to keep then in the game. With Denvers's sorry excuse for a Defense, a 'field goal' game isn't going to get them the win.

As a result he's trying to hit too many home runs even if that means zipping the ball into very narrow windows of double coverage, especially witn Marshall. He's also making a lot of throws on the run, off-balance, off his back foot, etc.

In short, he's trying to take the whole offense on his shoulders and just trying to do too much. I love him but he would be a much better QB if he had the luxury of game-managing more and gun-slinging less. Unless Denver can find some defensive players and some consistency to the running game, I see him turning into almost a Brett Favre clone - 3-4 TDs one week, multiple ints the next.

But Cutler is one of the best young QBs there is and has ALL the personal tools to be great. There's absolutely NO comparison between him and the other two QBs - Vince Young & Lineart.

Face it. Cutler is the new Namath, Bradshaw, Elway, Marino, Favre and I mean that in a good way. Hate on that. :thumbsup:

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

both taken in the same draft with much more hoopla. Pick one of the three. Then take your thumb out of your ass and delete this thread.

Really - I don't think the original poster was comparing him to those draft choices...those guys suck, but when referring to being overrated, Cutler has been ranked as a top3 QB if not the top QB the last 4-5 weeks....He came out on fire, but since the first 2 weeks (against Oakland and a sh!tty SD secondary), he hasn't posted a QB rating of over 100 since...He's thrown more INTs then TDs in 3 of his last 5 games, 8 INTs in his last 5 games, 5 in his last 2...I think it's safe to say he's being overrated right now...Since week 2, he's been nothing but a middle of the road QB getting praise of a top "stud, must-start" QB

So take your thumb outta your @$$ moron :thumbsup:

Really - I don't think the original poster was comparing him to those draft choices...those guys suck, but when referring to being overrated, Cutler has been ranked as a top3 QB if not the top QB the last 4-5 weeks....He came out on fire, but since the first 2 weeks (against Oakland and a sh!tty SD secondary), he hasn't posted a QB rating of over 100 since...He's thrown more INTs then TDs in 3 of his last 5 games, 8 INTs in his last 5 games, 5 in his last 2...I think it's safe to say he's being overrated right now...Since week 2, he's been nothing but a middle of the road QB getting praise of a top "stud, must-start" QB

So take your thumb outta your @$$ moron :thumbsdown:

so being average after being on fire makes him the most overrated QB ever? Enough so to deserve its own thread? If we're just talking about this season with regards to draft position, how bout Carson Palmer, Matt Hasselbeck, Peyton Manning (my guy, btw, but he's overrated this year), and Ben Roethlisberger?

Point is, with where you grabbed him in the draft, and the way the top QBs off the board have performed, he IS a must-start QB because he's your best option unless you got lucky and have Brees, Warner, or Rivers.

But still, he talks about the "it" factor and how Matt Ryan will have a better career. What in there leads you to believe he's talking about fantasy value perception in the last few weeks and not his actual football skills? Seriously. I want to hear this one.

Again, I'm not seeing the logic. Try another argument if you'd like, but this thread is still stupid and it won't have any validity either.

actually what I am talking about is from both prospectives. To me he is a better Fantasy QB then a RL QB. But he is overrated in both, Ryan appears to be a leader to me, looks much more poised. Cutler continues to make stupid mistakes, but the fact that their defense sucks so bad he still gets decent trash fantasy numbers.

Leinart and Young are Busts btw, there is no hype around them, but people are annoiting Cutler as the 2nd coming. I just dont see it, and there are articles out there saying how easy he is to get in the head of.

I'm trying to figure out why Cutler would be overrated....

Let's see. What's was his ADP this year? I know I got him in the 10th. He's the #5 fantasy QB in that league right now. That sounds like value rather than an overrated player.

And as far as real football? He's 25 years old with about 30 NFL starts. He's on a mediocre to bad team that can't run the ball and can't stop anyone. The only way they can move the ball is by his arm.

He's immensely talented and still learning to be an NFL QB. And Matt Ryan, as nicely as he's done at times this year, can't hold Cutler's jock.

If you want to talk about an overrated QB, talk about Eli and Big Ben.

And Matt Ryan, as nicely as he's done at times this year, can't hold Cutler's jock.

No, that's the job of half the posters on this board.

BTW, you know who else had a cannon for an arm? Jay Schroeder, how good of an NFL or fantasy QB was he? There are tons of other examples in NFL history, but he was the first to jump to my mind.

I'm about to say something that apparently may shock some of you guys - hype and rating and being over/under rated actually changes with time. Sure Cutler is performing slightly better than his ADP, but is that the last time this guy has been ranked by analysts or anyone playing FF????

Find me one website, just one, that had Cutler NOT in the top5 rankings for the last 6 weeks...I don't feel like taking the time to figure it out, but he has AT MOST, finished in that position once since week 2.

After week 2, people were calling him the Tom Brady of '07...saying he's the ebst QB in the game and despite his HUGE dropoff since those first 2 weeks, people are still calling him a must start...

In fact, in a league giving 1pt/30 yards and 6 for a TD -2 for INT...Cutler hasn't hit 17 points in a game since week 3.

You can't deny that this guy has consistently been hyped as the top 1-3 QB EVERY WEEK, and he has significantly underachieved...hence OVERRATED

BTW, you know who else had a cannon for an arm? Jay Schroeder, how good of an NFL or fantasy QB was he? There are tons of other examples in NFL history, but he was the first to jump to my mind.

You might want to make better arguments. Jay Schroeder and his cannon arm as you say, proves nothing about Cutler. :wacko:

actually what I am talking about is from both prospectives. To me he is a better Fantasy QB then a RL QB. But he is overrated in both, Ryan appears to be a leader to me, looks much more poised. Cutler continues to make stupid mistakes, but the fact that their defense sucks so bad he still gets decent trash fantasy numbers.

Leinart and Young are Busts btw, there is no hype around them, but people are annoiting Cutler as the 2nd coming. I just dont see it, and there are articles out there saying how easy he is to get in the head of.

I'll agree that after his terrific start this year, people may have been a little heavy on the praise.

That being said, I'm sure the Broncos are quite pleased with his development thus far.

Look at it this way, the Broncos could be stuck with Jemarcus Russell at quarterback.

Look at it this way, the Broncos could be stuck with Jemarcus Russell at quarterback.

Completely unfair to Russell. He could be every bit as good as Cutler right now if he were drafted by Denver. Russell is screwed in that hellhole he's stuck in.

Completely unfair to Russell. He could be every bit as good as Cutler right now if he were drafted by Denver. Russell is screwed in that hellhole he's stuck in.

The good ones help turn bad programs around, not blame the bad franchise for their failures.

HTH

The good ones help turn bad programs around, not blame the bad franchise for their failures.

HTH

BS. A bad franchise from the top down without consistency will kill talent and potential.

BS. A bad franchise from the top down without consistency will kill talent and potential.

Some

Are you serious? :music_guitarred:

I think he's a super-talented QB that will be a top 5 QB for years to come, and I'm not a Broncos fan. Right now he's got no running game, and his defence gives up so many points that he's got to chuck it 40-50 times a game. That's too much pressure every week for any QB, and he's still very young. I'd love to have Cutler in a dynasty league with guys like Manning fading as they get older.

As for Russell, he's just barely below Ryan Leaf as a bust. He's shown nothing. I don't care about the talent around him. Other QB's have come on and done allot more with little talent. Orton's been great with a bunch of WR's that don't even deserve to be in the NFL. Heck, even the junk QB's they had in Oakland last year look better than Russell, and that was with the same personnel.

Are you serious? ;)

Yes. Please enlighten me on how Cutler was so much better Russell coming out of college. :music_guitarred:

I heard Elway talking about Russell on Mike & Mike driving into work a couple weeks ago. He said the kid had a world of talent that was being destroyed in Oakland. He said Russell should have said no to Oakland like he'd said no to Baltimore coming out of college. Elway was singing Russell's praises and said he could be awesome with a different franchise.

I'm about to say something that apparently may shock some of you guys - hype and rating and being over/under rated actually changes with time. Sure Cutler is performing slightly better than his ADP, but is that the last time this guy has been ranked by analysts or anyone playing FF????

Find me one website, just one, that had Cutler NOT in the top5 rankings for the last 6 weeks...I don't feel like taking the time to figure it out, but he has AT MOST, finished in that position once since week 2.

After week 2, people were calling him the Tom Brady of '07...saying he's the ebst QB in the game and despite his HUGE dropoff since those first 2 weeks, people are still calling him a must start...

In fact, in a league giving 1pt/30 yards and 6 for a TD -2 for INT...Cutler hasn't hit 17 points in a game since week 3.

You can't deny that this guy has consistently been hyped as the top 1-3 QB EVERY WEEK, and he has significantly underachieved...hence OVERRATED

So name 5 QBs that were better starts consistently. And don't even try to say Manning. I'm a Colts guy, but to think he's any better a start than Cutler after the way the two started this season is nuts.

Name 16 QB's better than him? If he's in the top 16 he's average. Top ten, better than average.

For sure better:

Warner

Romo

Brady

Brees

Manning

Maybe better:

Rivers

Rodgers

Roethlisberger

McNabb

Borderline:

Palmer - when healthy

Favre

Eli

Humm, can't think of a ton more. So maaaaybe, 12 ahead of him, but at this point I don't take Favre, Palmer, Eli, McNabb, and Warner ahead of him.

15 td's, 63% completion percentage for a second year starter. So yes, he's horrible. :bandana:

FAIL

WOW Go BROWNS

Last I Checked Balt put up 37 against them

he still made about 5 stupid throws at least

5? eh maybe.

with no running game for 3 quarters?

Sure it was the Browns D, but aren't they in the NFL too?

Week 1 of the fantasy playoffs, Denver is playing Kansas City :doublethumbsup:

I hereby proclaim RaiderHater a complete and unabashed total Moron.

You've been owned Raider hater. This thread is a testament to idiocy. Yes, he is not Tom Brady circa 2007, but he is a stud. Someone who can be relied on for 15 fantasy points almost every week, with the potentail to go off for 20 - 30 is a stud.

Any argument you make from here on out proves how stupid you actually are.

I'd take Rivers over Cuntler any day

:doublethumbsup:

I drafted both and traded Rivers for Portis about 4 weeks ago. :pointstosky:

WOW Go BROWNS

Feel free to post the QBs that have faced the Browns this year and their fantasy output for comparison to prove your point.

cutler is ranked 5 in ff this year as per fftoday season rankings after week 9 and that was before this monster performance.

i think this thread = fail

WOW Go BROWNS

Can't deny that Quinn is going to be a good NFL QB. Yes, the D sucks but that is not his fault. Okay, he is cute. I confess.

cutler is ranked 5 in ff this year as per fftoday season rankings after week 9 and that was before this monster performance.

i think this thread = fail

but....but...he made a bunch of bad throws. He doesnt have "it" :doublethumbsup:

FAIL

ha if anyone was going to rehash an old post you knew it was this guy :doublethumbsup: