Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Jay Cutler

Yes I said it months ago, and it couldnt prove more true today

Cutler is a mental midget. How many wide open passes did he choke on yesterday when his team really needed him to step up

I counted 7

Rivers > Cutler everyday of the week and x10 on Sunday's in the 4th quarter

Cutler will continue to be very Brees like, great numbers but just cant win when it matters

Cant wait til Sunday biggest meltdown in NFL history!

Rivers > Cutler everyday of the week and x10 on Sunday's in the 4th quarter

Cutler will continue to be very Brees like, great numbers but just cant win when it matters

Rivers has won 7 out of the 15 times that it 'mattered' this year. Very impressive.

Yes I said it months ago, and it couldnt prove more true today

Cant wait til Sunday biggest meltdown in NFL history!

Does Cutler kick? play defense?, play RB? :headbanger:

The Broncos are playing for the AFC West because of Cutler you moron!

Since I have him in a league where we play next week, it couldn't of worked out better. Now he is in a must win game playing in expected good weather. 300 and 3TDs vs. SD!

Tony Romo is the most overrated QB ever.

Maybe. Yet Romo is still a way better QB than even when Hasselbeck was at his best.

Maybe. Yet Romo is still a way better QB than even when Hasselbeck was at his best.

:shocking:

If you're just counting meaningless games, then you are correct.

Until December, Romo has definitely been the better fantasy QB.

WOW!!!! Interesting thread... I had not stumbled on it before now and going back and reading it all and taking into account the time frame of when the posts were made vs. Cutler's nearly end of year stats, how could now still not consider Cutler a fantasy stud?

And again, you must separate real football from fantasy football. Yes Cutler may not have been able to win the big game (yet) in real football but he sure does give you a decent stat-line for fantasy football. And I agree with Flahawker. Does Cutler kick, or play defense, or play RB? The guy can only do so much with what he has had around him... Take other QBs on other teams in a similar situation for example.... Kurt Warner comes to mind. He is on a team with somewhat mediocre RBs, defense, etc. but when he puts up solid numbers he is considered a god and on the end of the list for the MVP. Plus he has two super studs at WR there who have been studs for several years! Cutler puts up more stats on the year than Warner has with less to work with and you guys are calling him overrated.. I don't get it?? In my mind if you can get over 300-fantasy points for the year (standard league) out of a guy you drafted in the 8th, 9th, or 10th round, that's one hell of a deal.... I'll take that every single year... And just think, next season Royal will be one year older in the league, the same for Schefler, the same for Marhsall, and maybe Torian is the next coming... Personally, I think he is in for a good run as a top 5 or 6 QB for the next several seasons...

I think Cutler's biggest flaw is that he is SOOO arrogant with his arm strength he tries to force way too many throws thinking it will get there regardless of how many defenders are in the area!

Looks like some people new in Denver may be on board with me. Maybe I can send them this post and get an assistant job

Cutler and Rivers are twins seperated at birth. Both have serious talent and are complete idiots in every other aspect. Both will be great fantasy QB's and both will win plenty of games because they have good talent around them. If you are a Chargers or Broncos fan (Broncos fan here) then be prepared to never win a SB until either one of these knuckleheads are gone.

As for who's better, who cares, neither one will lead their teams anywhere that matters.

Cutler can only get better. He's only started for 2 full seasons. Including one where he had diabetes and didn't even know it. Do me a favor and compare Cutler's numbers to Elways 1st 2.5 years. Here, I'll help you out:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm

really, the only statistic that Elway beats him on his record. That's because Karl Mecklenburg and Co. actually put together a tough D. 2nd in points allowed Elway's 1st full season starting, 11th in points allowed his 2nd full year starting

no reason to even consider trading this guy. Find ways to get him to mature and make better decisions. Then you end up with a perennial MVP candidate. They should be focused on putting a D together so they can take advantage of all that offense

Cutler can only get better. He's only started for 2 full seasons. Including one where he had diabetes and didn't even know it. Do me a favor and compare Cutler's numbers to Elways 1st 2.5 years. Here, I'll help you out:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm

really, the only statistic that Elway beats him on his record. That's because Karl Mecklenburg and Co. actually put together a tough D. 2nd in points allowed Elway's 1st full season starting, 11th in points allowed his 2nd full year starting

no reason to even consider trading this guy. Find ways to get him to mature and make better decisions. Then you end up with a perennial MVP candidate. They should be focused on putting a D together so they can take advantage of all that offense

While I definitly appreciate the effort you put into this post, it's dillusional. To compare Cutler to Elway in any regard is silly. Let's compare David Woodley's first few years to Bob Griese's....Woodley wins easily. Who cares. Are you really trying to say that Elway had better talent around him compared to Cutler...wow!! Elway made everyone better on offense and defense. The great ones do.

Elway had the "it" factor that it takes to win it all. He was a leader on and off the field. You can't compare anyone to Elway in today's game. Guys like Elway, Montana, Unitas, Star and others had an attribute that is only found in a select few. Cutler has plenty of time to improve I just don't think he will. I think he's reached his full potential and will never be a guy that team sells out for. For that, I'll take someone else.

I think Cutler's biggest flaw is that he is SOOO arrogant with his arm strength he tries to force way too many throws thinking it will get there regardless of how many defenders are in the area!

Thus the nickname 'Medusa' He will stare down the #1 receiver option every play. He has no idea that he's supposed to read the D and look for the open guy.

As a Marshall & Royal owner I do appreciate this. :headbanger:

While I definitly appreciate the effort you put into this post, it's dillusional. To compare Cutler to Elway in any regard is silly. Let's compare David Woodley's first few years to Bob Griese's....Woodley wins easily. Who cares. Are you really trying to say that Elway had better talent around him compared to Cutler...wow!! Elway made everyone better on offense and defense. The great ones do.

Elway had the "it" factor that it takes to win it all. He was a leader on and off the field. You can't compare anyone to Elway in today's game. Guys like Elway, Montana, Unitas, Star and others had an attribute that is only found in a select few. Cutler has plenty of time to improve I just don't think he will. I think he's reached his full potential and will never be a guy that team sells out for. For that, I'll take someone else.

I'll give you Elway's leadership, but I'm not sure he displayed all of those characteristics this early in his career. Experience can breed leadership. Cutler has plenty of time to mature and develop. I guess where we disagree is that I believe a lot of the mistakes he makes is due to his immaturity and feel that he can grow as a player. As he works hard during the offseason (word his Royal, Marshall, Scheffler, and Cutler were already working out together), I believe that he has the potential to become as good as Elway or close to it. That's what my point is- I don't think we have seen the best of Jay. It's way too early to say that he is the most overrated QB, and I also believe it's foolish to try to trade him at this point in his career.a Either way, he can win ball games for them if they put together a defense. The last 2 years, their defense has been absolutely horrendous and only guys like Peyton Manning can win consistently with that bad of D.

McDaniels needs to nut up and develop the guy rather than tear him down by trying to trade him

I'll give you Elway's leadership, but I'm not sure he displayed all of those characteristics this early in his career. Experience can breed leadership. Cutler has plenty of time to mature and develop. I guess where we disagree is that I believe a lot of the mistakes he makes is due to his immaturity and feel that he can grow as a player. As he works hard during the offseason (word his Royal, Marshall, Scheffler, and Cutler were already working out together), I believe that he has the potential to become as good as Elway or close to it. That's what my point is- I don't think we have seen the best of Jay. It's way too early to say that he is the most overrated QB, and I also believe it's foolish to try to trade him at this point in his career.a Either way, he can win ball games for them if they put together a defense. The last 2 years, their defense has been absolutely horrendous and only guys like Peyton Manning can win consistently with that bad of D.

McDaniels needs to nut up and develop the guy rather than tear him down by trying to trade him

I can go with that. You seem more optimistic than me. I don't really disagree with what you are saying, I'm just not buying him turning into a great QB. That is why I say move on. I'd rather go through lumps with someone that I think can take the Broncos to the next level. That's just my opinion, which don't equate to alot!

Broncos QB Jay Cutler rattled by trade talks

He says of relationship with new coach McDaniels: 'Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward'

Mike Klis / The Denver Post

Even without serious competition from a backup, the Broncos had themselves a quarterback controversy Friday.

Jay Cutler, Denver's starting quarterback, the franchise, the one player who carried all hope for a greater future, believes his days with the team are numbered -- even after a proposed deal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay and Matt Cassel to Denver never materialized.

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said Saturday afternoon. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."

Advertisement

The deal had Tampa Bay trying to acquire Cutler in exchange for a first-round draft pick. In turn, the Broncos would have traded the first-round draft pick to New England in exchange for quarterback Matt Cassel.

New Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was the Patriots offensive coordinator last season when he helped guide Cassel, a career-long backup, to an 11-5 record and 89.4 passer rating that ranked 10th in the league.

It might be important to note, Tampa Bay initiated the deal. And the Buccaneers weren't the only team that inquired about acquiring Cutler.

"He's not the only person in the last few days we've received calls on," McDaniels said. "We've received trade calls on a number of players, which is not uncommon this time of the year. I also think the sensitivity of the other trade that was occurring, with my relationship with New England and the whole Cassel thing, I think that stirred the pot even more."

And then McDaniels made a point of emphasis: "We don't want to trade Jay. We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team."

Cassel was instead traded Saturday to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the No. 34 overall pick in the upcoming draft.

Nevertheless, Cutler was shaken his team entertained moving him, and doesn't believe such a possibility is dead.

"I'm upset. I mean I'm really shocked at this point," he said. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. I just don't get it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

Cutler, 25, has three years left on the six-year contract he signed prior to his rookie season. He said Broncos officials denied they were trying to him in a conversation with his agent Bus Cook. Cutler added that after the proposed deal spread through the Internet, the team cut off communication with Cook.

Had the proposed trade gone through, it would have come as a surprise to most followers of the team. Cutler is a first-round talent. He was picked No. 11 overall in the 2006 draft and undoubtedly would have gone higher if the league re-did that draft today. Cassel, meanwhile, did not start one game at quarterback at USC and never started in the NFL until this, his fourth season.

Granted, he played behind Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC and Tom Brady at New England. But Cassel doesn't have the arm strength or big-play capability of Cutler, whose 4,526 yards ranked behind only Drew Brees and Kurt Warner among NFL quarterbacks last season.

If Cutler is not traded, and he stays with the Broncos, can his situation be mended? Cutler took a long pause before answering.

"Anything can be mended," he said. "I'll always play with the guys we've got. I love playing for those guys. Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward. I don't play for the coaches anyway, I play for teammates. As long as we keep the guys we've got I'll go out there and play. I love those guys."

Cutler said he had spoken with teammates Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley, Tony Scheffler and Casey Wiegmann, among others, about his trade.

"I know they love playing for me and I love playing for them," Cutler said. "There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me. Well, they've already tried to trade me, but if they trade me for sure."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...1126/SPORTS0101

Let the Cutler to San Fran rumours begin! -_-

I'd take Cutler in Seattle in a heartbeat. I agree with the initial post that Ryan is going to be better though.

Cutler and Rivers are twins seperated at birth. Both have serious talent and are complete idiots in every other aspect. Both will be great fantasy QB's and both will win plenty of games because they have good talent around them. If you are a Chargers or Broncos fan (Broncos fan here) then be prepared to never win a SB until either one of these knuckleheads are gone.

As for who's better, who cares, neither one will lead their teams anywhere that matters.

the difference is between the 2 though Cuse, is Rivers teammates like him, and I dont think he has called out any of his teammates. Rivers also won every bowl game that NC State was in. He also doesnt have the mobility that Cutler has and wont force it like he does.

Cutler just continues to look like a little crybaby, more along the lines of LT, seems like he would be bitching and crying about something every time they lose, whether its his teammates or something else. And now add in the wah about them not wanting him. Obviously the NE guys arent as enamored with Cutler as the rest of the league is, and I think they know what they are doing a little more then the rest.

Cutler :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

one for each pick tonight.

:pointstosky:

McDaniels isn't looking quite as foolish anymore, is he?

GO BRONCOS!!!

Ah, I feel good tonight.

Orton and Denver won by a complete miracle, none the less, they won!

Cutler throws four picks and the Bears lose. Like I said all along, Cutler is not a winner and will never lead his team anywhere. Blame who you want, I blame Cutler. If you throw four picks it's gonna be pretty hard to win.

Fock you Cutler. Glad to see you take your tremendous arm strength to Chicago. We'll take Orton, Simms, Brandstater....whoever. Free....free from Captain Doushebag!

lets wait one full year before mouthing off. People who make these kind of posts usually come out looking an idiot because players have a bad day and come back from them.

The most hyped and overrated FF QB ever was Deiter Brock......SI article preseason claimed that he could throw a football threw the uprights from the 50........ON HIS KNEES! Was taken in the 1st round in our league......we still chuckle about that one.

The most hyped and overrated FF QB ever was Deiter Brock......SI article preseason claimed that he could throw a football threw the uprights from the 50........ON HIS KNEES! Was taken in the 1st round in our league......we still chuckle about that one.

I thought that was Kyle Boller?

Boller? Maybe hype gets recycled....DBrock was late eighties early nineties. He lasted about 5 games.

lets wait one full year before mouthing off. People who make these kind of posts usually come out looking an idiot because players have a bad day and come back from them.

Its been a full year since I made this post originally

never even heard of him

never even heard of him

Ralph "Dieter" Brock (born February 12, 1951, in Birmingham, Alabama[1]), is a former Canadian Football League quarterback who spent most of his career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and led the league in passing for four years.[2]

Nicknamed "The Birmingham Rifle", Brock is the only Blue Bombers player to win back-to-back CFL Most Outstanding Player awards in the 1980 and 1981 CFL seasons. In 1981 Brock broke Sam Etcheverry's 1956 record of 4,723 passing yards with 4,796 yards. Brock started his illustrious pro football career as a little used back-up quarterback for the Bombers in 1974. That season the team traded away their aging star passer Don Jonas to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for the much younger Chuck Ealey. About midway through the 1975 season Brock became the starter and that resulted in Ealey being sent to the Toronto Argonauts.

In 1983, Brock was traded to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for quarterback Tom Clements. This trade led to an exciting Grey Cup in 1984, as the Tiger-Cats and Blue Bombers faced each other in the championship game. Brock's Tiger-Cat team lost the game to Clements's Blue Bombers and Brock ended his career with many accomplishments, but without a Grey Cup victory. In 1985 Brock played for the Los Angeles Rams before retiring from football. Technically a rookie during his one season with the Rams, Brock led the team to an NFC Championship Game matchup with the Chicago Bears, and set team rookie records for passing yards (2,658), touchdown passes (16), and passer rating (81.8). All these records were still on the books at the end of 2006.

Brock still holds the Blue Bombers record for career passing yards with 29,623. In 2005, for the commemoration of the Blue Bombers 75th anniversary, Brock was named one of the 20 All-Time Blue Bomber Greats. He was elected into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame in 1995.