Sign in to follow this  
FenixTx972

Steve Slaton?

Thing is he really didn't vulture them. Slaton on both occasions had run like 4-5 times straight and was outta breath. Houston doesn't pull Slaton typically at the GL.

How many times did Emmitt Smith come out of the game when the team was inside the 5, because he was tired?

That is the definition of a vulture. Someone else does all the work and someone else scores.

Tough to complain about a 154 yard day with a TD, but I lost by 5 to the week's top scorer--either of those goal-line TDs go to Slaton, and I win! Oh well.

The goal line vultures are the thing that will keep Slaton from ever being a Michael Westbrook-type.

Of course, if he someday earns Kubiak's trust at the goal line, he'll be golden. Especially in a PPR league.

Dude - It came from Gary Kubiaks mouth and also: I saw some of the game and there was a THREE WAY SPLIT with the carries. This is fact. They activated Moats from the practice squad for the very reason of adding another RB to the mix and to lessen Slatons workload.

Go ahead, start him all you want, I dont give a crap. Enjoy your 8 carries. :blink:

Kubiak used to be an assistant Coach in Denver. I wonder who he is emulating here by making such a comment.

He probably wants people to think hes gonna give him fewer reps so that teams wont key on him as much for the next game.

I wouldnt look into anything like this quite yet.

Losing the goalline carries is a new thing for Slaton...he was getting them up until recently. He actually did get a couple yesterday, but couldn't get in.

Losing the goalline carries is a new thing for Slaton...he was getting them up until recently. He actually did get a couple yesterday, but couldn't get in.

That's never good. Especially when Green got in a couple of times.

I predict Moats wont even see the field and Slaton will have a nice day vs Colts. JMO. I expect 80-120 total yards at least one TD. I am starting him with confidence. And sitting Barber :thumbsup:

Good call!

Seems to me that normally whoever is in when they're in the red zone gets the attempts at the touchdown. In the first case, the way the series went was: Slaton 5yds, 7yds, 2yds, incomplete pass, 14yd pass, Slaton 6yds, 5yds, 1yds (to the 1 yd line), and then they pulled him for Green. Not that I liked it and it was only 2nd down, but kind of understood them putting a fresh back in. Score was tied and they really wanted/needed to come away with a TD. Second time, Slaton got several carries, was spelled by Green as they got closer, and he stayed in to score the TD...

And yes, easier for me to not be as bothered as I might have been (though don't need to see much more of it in the future) because it didn't cost me. Sorry for the other folks that it did affect :doh:

I watched the game yesterday and to be honest Slaton scared me a little bit. He looked very tired and worn out in the game. I'm hoping he doesn't get much practice again this week and get some rest. On the last drive he was in he was looking very good. He was moving them down the field, until he was tackled around the 30 yd line. It didn't look like a hard tackle,but he had a hard time getting on his feet. Kubiak would've kept him in if he didn't run out of gas. If he didn't get so tired he would've had over 200 yards rushing w/ 2 TD's easy against the Colts.