Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Kurt Warner concerns

I know i said in a thread that since Warner and Boldin were both playing in preseason game one that both must be fine or they wouldnt risk it.

However.....did you guys see the brief interview on the side they did with Warner? He gave a little shout out to a kid recovering in Des Moines.....THEN.....as Andrea Kramer was talking they showed Warner walk straight away......and it looked terrible. I wouldnt say a limp....but like a man who is old and banged up.

Now theres this....

Kurt Warner's hip isn't expected to be fully healthy until 12 months after his March surgery.

Warner says the hip hurts when he stands or walks, but it doesn't bother him when he's playing. Injury expert Will Carroll emphasized Thursday night that he did not like the way Warner was moving behind center. "He's looking like an old man, even in shotgun," tweeted Carroll. We're shying away at his current early fifth-round ADP.

Warner is a cagey ole veteran who will play hurt if necessary. However, I agree with you 100 percent.....he was limping noticably both on the sideline and on the field. Not sure what to make of it (can't be too bad or he wouldn't be playing in the preseason), but I am inclined to bumb him down another couple of notches on the old draft board.

Warner is a cagey ole veteran who will play hurt if necessary. However, I agree with you 100 percent.....he was limping noticably both on the sideline and on the field. Not sure what to make of it (can't be too bad or he wouldn't be playing in the preseason), but I am inclined to bumb him down another couple of notches on the old draft board.

well put.

I know i said in a thread that since Warner and Boldin were both playing in preseason game one that both must be fine or they wouldnt risk it.

However.....did you guys see the brief interview on the side they did with Warner? He gave a little shout out to a kid recovering in Des Moines.....THEN.....as Andrea Kramer was talking they showed Warner walk straight away......and it looked terrible. I wouldnt say a limp....but like a man who is old and banged up.

Now theres this....

Kurt Warner's hip isn't expected to be fully healthy until 12 months after his March surgery.

Warner says the hip hurts when he stands or walks, but it doesn't bother him when he's playing. Injury expert Will Carroll emphasized Thursday night that he did not like the way Warner was moving behind center. "He's looking like an old man, even in shotgun," tweeted Carroll. We're shying away at his current early fifth-round ADP.

Kurt is the oldest starting qb in the nfl. I will not have him on any of my teams. He is overpriced and he has little upside and alot of risk.

Kurt is the oldest starting qb in the nfl. I will not have him on any of my teams. He is overpriced and he has little upside and alot of risk.

Seems like I heard this somewhere before. Ah......it was last preseason. Well, I picked him up in the 14th, and the rest is history (Championship).

He has little upside???? Fitz, Boldin, Breaston? 3 superbowls? MVP? Weak division?

Pass the crack.....then pass on Warner for Ocho Stinko so that I can ride him again.

Seems like I heard this somewhere before. Ah......it was last preseason. Well, I picked him up in the 14th, and the rest is history (Championship).

He has little upside???? Fitz, Boldin, Breaston? 3 superbowls? MVP? Weak division?

Pass the crack.....then pass on Warner for Ocho Stinko so that I can ride him again.

Yeah, I got him in the 14th as well. guess what? Warner is not going in the 14th this year. It is a huge risk to drop a high pick on a 38 year old qb. Sure he can play, but one hit and you are sunk. Your highly drafted qb is out for the season.

So Warner helped you win a title with that game against the patriots during the fantasy playoffs last year?

He helped you win with his 30 yards and 0 tds?

Yeah, I got him in the 14th as well. guess what? Warner is not going in the 14th this year. It is a huge risk to drop a high pick on a 38 year old qb. Sure he can play, but one hit and you are sunk. Your highly drafted qb is out for the season.

So Warner helped you win a title with that game against the patriots during the fantasy playoffs last year?

He helped you win with his 30 yards and 0 tds?

No, he got me to the Championship game. I knew better than to play him in the driving wind and snow. Ironically, Shaun Hill put me over the top.

I understand your point. However, any QB can get injured on any given Sunday.....whether 38 or 24. They are all constantly just one hit away. Ask Brady owners. I just am not one of those guys who takes potential injuries into consideration.

I may not end up with him this season. I have been getting him in about 25 percent of my mocks. However, I would love to own him. His upside is off the chart.

A question for everyone who comes into this topic and says they will drop Warner down the draft board because of this...will you also drop ARI skill players like Fitz, Boldin, Beanie, etc?

Just curious.

No, he got me to the Championship game. I knew better than to play him in the driving wind and snow. Ironically, Shaun Hill put me over the top.

I understand your point. However, any QB can get injured on any given Sunday.....whether 38 or 24. They are all constantly just one hit away. Ask Brady owners. I just am not one of those guys who takes potential injuries into consideration.

I may not end up with him this season. I have been getting him in about 25 percent of my mocks. However, I would love to own him. His upside is off the chart.

I respect warner and like him. Just not at the price he is going for this year.

I had thought of drafting him as my starter ( rounds 4-5) but I might just take a safer option. Dude has been my quarterback almost every year. ( backup some years ) as he my favorite player and good luck charm. I won my first championship with him in 1999 every year he was on my team I went to the championship ( I even had him on my roster when he wasnt playing) . won 2002-03-04-05 and last year had him again and went to the championship ( I lost) . Warner has been on no team but mine since he was in the league but this is the first year I will probally not have him unless I get him 7th round or later. ANy player can get hurt but the guy is hurt a little right now and 38. If his hip is that bad a big hit can end his year fast. Its a higher risk. 38 alone does not scare me. the mix of 38 and hip issue does to an extent where I take a risk on him in rounds 7 or higher OR maybe just maybe I team him with a Schuab type QB .

Kurt Warner's hip isn't expected to be fully healthy until 12 months after his March surgery. [

Aug. 14 - 5:41 p.m. ET

I have the option of keeping Warner for a 13th round pick...at first I was surely going to do it, but lets face it, last season was a miracle season for the ages. Warner cannot reproduce what happened last year, no matter what everyone else wants. I didn't know about any of this hip stuff though, the guy who said he is one hit away from disaster is probably right...all its going to take is for a 300 pounder to land on that sucker and it will be over.

Lucky for me I have the option of keeping Jacobs for a fifth rounder...that is pretty solid value imo.

I have the option of keeping Warner for a 13th round pick...at first I was surely going to do it, but lets face it, last season was a miracle season for the ages. Warner cannot reproduce what happened last year, no matter what everyone else wants. I didn't know about any of this hip stuff though, the guy who said he is one hit away from disaster is probably right...all its going to take is for a 300 pounder to land on that sucker and it will be over.

Lucky for me I have the option of keeping Jacobs for a fifth rounder...that is pretty solid value imo.

maybe you should look into trading Warner. Perhaps someone out there will want him. I am not one of those people who would be buying, but I am sure that someone may be willing to take a chance.

If you decide to trade him, you should go for it early before too many of the people out there hear that Warner looks terrible in training camp.

There is no doubt that Warner is making me nervous to draft him. However, I think you need to consider his potential playoff opponents here:

14 @ SF

15 @ Detroit

16 St. Louis

:pointstosky: That's tough to ignore. If you take him, back him up properly with a Roeth,Cassell or perhaps even Leinart who inherits that playoff schedule just the same.

I have the #6 in a 12 teamer, and Warner is looking ripe for the picken in the 5th.

in dynasty the best thing to do is aquire Leinart on the cheap and package Warner/Leinart for another QB. Im not sold on Warners ability to make it through another full season unscathed or Leinarts ability to maintain Warners level of production if hes called on to start

From a camp report , not good. I can see them using a QBBC approach for Warner like they did a few eyars ago when they would mix up Warner and Leinart.

http://www.studyofsports.com/?p=2664

Staying at the quarterback position, Kurt Warner’s off season hip surgery has been the focus of a lot of media attention. Although all of the questions about the health of his hip have been frustrating Warner, the questions are definitely warranted. While at camp, I witnessed Warner walking with an exaggerated hobble. With that kind of discomfort while just walking around, it is not out of the question to be worried about whether or not Warner will be able to make it through the whole season without getting hurt again. In fact, there is a very good chance that will happen and Leinart will be the starter before the end of the year. And no, I am not wishing harm to Kurt Warner, I am only pointing out an obvious possibility.

From a camp report , not good. I can see them using a QBBC approach for Warner like they did a few eyars ago when they would mix up Warner and Leinart.

http://www.studyofsports.com/?p=2664

Staying at the quarterback position, Kurt Warner’s off season hip surgery has been the focus of a lot of media attention. Although all of the questions about the health of his hip have been frustrating Warner, the questions are definitely warranted. While at camp, I witnessed Warner walking with an exaggerated hobble. With that kind of discomfort while just walking around, it is not out of the question to be worried about whether or not Warner will be able to make it through the whole season without getting hurt again. In fact, there is a very good chance that will happen and Leinart will be the starter before the end of the year. And no, I am not wishing harm to Kurt Warner, I am only pointing out an obvious possibility.

I disagree with the QBBC. If Kurt can play, it's his show without question. Now if Arizona were to get up big in a game, I could see Warner getting a quicker hook than usual or perhaps a more conservative game plan in order limit his exposure to the rush.

Sure he can play, but one hit and you are sunk. Your highly drafted qb is out for the season.

I didn't think this was a Tom Brady thread.

Any player can be injured on any given play. Brady proved that well. If you go by the injury theory more often than not, you will choose wrong.

There is no doubt that Warner is making me nervous to draft him. However, I think you need to consider his potential playoff opponents here:

14 @ SF

15 @ Detroit

16 St. Louis

I know.....that fantasy playoff schedule is too good to ignore. Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston are to good to ignore.

That settles it. I draft Warner and handcuff Leinart in the last round. Am I crazy.....or just crazy like a fox?

I know.....that fantasy playoff schedule is too good to ignore. Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston are to good to ignore.

That settles it. I draft Warner and handcuff Leinart in the last round. Am I crazy.....or just crazy like a fox?

With Seattle more than likely back in the fray, that division will hardly be settled by then. Arizona will have to win those games.

Agree any player can be injured on any play but Warner goes into the season injured. Thats the difference. By all accounts he can barley walk and will not be healthy ( the hip) until next season. thats an issue .

Any player can be injured on any given play. Brady proved that well. If you go by the injury theory more often than not, you will choose wrong.

True was just mentioing it as they did it a few years ago with Warner and Lienart.

I disagree with the QBBC. If Kurt can play, it's his show without question. Now if Arizona were to get up big in a game, I could see Warner getting a quicker hook than usual or perhaps a more conservative game plan in order limit his exposure to the rush.

True was just mentioing it as they did it a few years ago with Warner and Lienart.

I think that had a lot more to do with Leinart being a #1 pick and Warner being the old "washed up" QB at the time. My have things changed since then.

Having said that, Leinart isn't going to be a terrible option should Warner bite the dust. Arizona just has to find a run game though.

I was a huge Warner hater for years. As a Pats fan I liked to say that we exposed him in the SuperBowl and he was never the same since. While I do think we exposed him somewhat I also think last year Warner really proved he has some special skills and the Rams years weren't flukes.

As long as Kurt's healthy and he has Boldin, Fitzgerald and Breaston as wideouts he'll have a great year.

That said, I can't believe that he'll escape this season healthy, he just has no mobility and that always catches up to him every couple of years. If you take Warner make sure you handcuff with Leinhart because while Warner is better I'm sure Leinhart can have sucess with those WR's. So that way if Warner goes down you don't take too huge of a hit.

I was a huge Warner hater for years. As a Pats fan I liked to say that we exposed him in the SuperBowl and he was never the same since. While I do think we exposed him somewhat I also think last year Warner really proved he has some special skills and the Rams years weren't flukes.

As long as Kurt's healthy and he has Boldin, Fitzgerald and Breaston as wideouts he'll have a great year.

That said, I can't believe that he'll escape this season healthy, he just has no mobility and that always catches up to him every couple of years. If you take Warner make sure you handcuff with Leinhart because while Warner is better I'm sure Leinhart can have sucess with those WR's. So that way if Warner goes down you don't take too huge of a hit.

YOu are a funny guy. :thumbsdown:

Brady was not 38 years old and Brady runs like a gazelle compared to Warner and Brady isnt even fast.

I have Fitz and those last games looks delicious regardless who is the quarterback. I would think Leinart would really depend on Fitz and throw to him no matter what. I might trade him straight up for Moss after looking at Brady in the preseason but I'm going to think about it a little longer.

Lots of leinart hate. I guess no good QB has ever gone through a situation where they were a starter(brees) played poorly and beaten out by a vet(flutie).

I am not comparing Leinart to brees but i think that he could be a top 10 fantasy QB if forced into the situation.

The last time Leinart was given the chance to start was his rookie year, and in 2006 he averaged 15.6 fantasy points per game, that is solid #2 QB numbers, even if he only progressed slightly in 3 years that would still put him as one of the better #2 QB's in the league. Even if he isnt a good NFL QB he is a good fantasy QB.

Lots of leinart hate. I guess no good QB has ever gone through a situation where they were a starter(brees) played badley and beaten out by a vet(flutie).

I am not comparing Leinart to brees but i think that he could be a top 10 fantasy QB if forced into the situation.

The last time Leinart was given the chance to start was his rookie year, and in 2006 he averaged 15.6 fantasy points per game, that is solid #2 QB numbers, even if he only progressed slightly in 3 years that would still put him as one of the better #2 QB's in the league. Even if he isnt a good NFL QB he is a good fantasy QB.

Leinart is a huge bust.

Leinart is a huge bust.

So was Romo, Dallas Empire........until he actually got to see the field.

Just Sayin'....

please stop posting here :unsure:

For the reasoning that his hip surgury needs a year to be 100%, do you not think the Arizona brass was aware of that timeframe PRIOR to signing him to a 2 year extension? Warner is a very tough man and will play through pain. He knows what's at stake healthwise, I'll gladly take him as my starter if he's available in the 5th of my 12 teamer.

Brady was not 38 years old and Brady runs like a gazelle compared to Warner and Brady isnt even fast.

At least we now know the current moniker of the poster formerly known as -John Rizzio- :unsure:

If you did win the championship was not because of Warner. I remember week 14 or 15 was a snow game and Warner didn’t do crap, I played the guy who had Warner in that week and SPANKED him. I will give you Fitz, Boldin and Breaston as reasons to draft him but I would not reach for him. That limp you saw on Thursday was an old man limp.

JMHO

I lost my championship by 2 points and I had to sit warner for Schuabb ( I have a feeling Warner would have gotten me those 2 points) so I agree Warner got ya there but didnt win it for anyone who plays championship in week 16.

I consider myself a HUGE Warner fan. ( I have his jerseys, cards, magazines etc and as I said he has been on only my team in his entire football carear) But I will not take him this year as my stater before guys like Rodgers, Rivers etc. I would jump on him after round 7 maybe but I would have to have a really good backup. Were not taking a guess on his health. He has an hip issue that has him walking with a limp and will not be healed until march 2010. The hip issue and age 38 are such a huge red flag . Maybe the biggest in football right now. Its right there in your face. you see him limping off the feild and the reports that he will have the hip issue until next year. Hard to not see that red flag. But I as a fan hope he gets through the year in one peace and has a great season. I owe him my fantasy succes and my first championship.

I lost my championship by 2 points and I had to sit warner for Schuabb ( I have a feeling Warner would have gotten me those 2 points) so I agree Warner got ya there but didnt win it for anyone who plays championship in week 16.

I consider myself a HUGE Warner fan. ( I have his jerseys, cards, magazines etc and as I said he has been on only my team in his entire football carear) But I will not take him this year as my stater before guys like Rodgers, Rivers etc. I would jump on him after round 7 maybe but I would have to have a really good backup. Were not taking a guess on his health. He has an hip issue that has him walking with a limp and will not be healed until march 2010. The hip issue and age 38 are such a huge red flag . Maybe the biggest in football right now. Its right there in your face. you see him limping off the feild and the reports that he will have the hip issue until next year. Hard to not see that red flag. But I as a fan hope he gets through the year in one peace and has a great season. I owe him my fantasy succes and my first championship.

Warner is a stud in real life and fantasy. His story of rags to football riches is legendary. Warner is just not worth the high ADp this year with the hip and age issues.

wasnt a fan of the pacman signing. wasnt real big on tank, but his issues seemed pretty mild to me.

bottomline, the Cowboys get more chit for signing thugs than any other team, period. jerramy stevens is playing for Tampa Bay, no one even notices. he goes to Dallas, and it's "oh, thats the perfect place for stevens, cause everyone is a cokehead, date-raper in Dallas."

so, my point is, the eagles signed vick and HE IS A THUG POS!!!! and if you say different you're full of chit, imo. eagle fans are justifying it. but just imagine what you eagle fans would be saying had the Cowboys signed him.

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner had his left hip surgically repaired during the offseason and while he told ESPN.com that it's no problem to play with it, he also said that it still hurts him "when I walk or stand."

Warner said the hip doesn't hurt when he gets behind center or when he retreats from center because quarterbacks bend slightly at the waist when they take the snap back from center, which takes just enough pressure off the hip.

Warner's hip surgery was successful, but it will take about 12 months for it to be right. Warner is only 4 1/2 months separated from surgery.

OK, so the hip doesn't hurt Warner when he is playing or going back from center. How about when Patrick Willis blasts him in the side? Do you think it will hurt then?

Warner is putting a happy face on this story, but there is reason to be wary here. He has never been the healthiest of quarterbacks, and at the age of 38, it's hard to imagine Warner staying healthy for another full season when he's already being bugged by a hip that hurts when he walks or stands.

Early-round fantasy draft picks are largely about minimizing risk. When looking at Warner in the third or fourth round of your draft, know that there is a good amount of risk with that pick.

Source:

ESPN.com

As far as I am concerned I am staying away from Warner in all leagues now. Too much risk.

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner had his left hip surgically repaired during the offseason and while he told ESPN.com that it's no problem to play with it, he also said that it still hurts him "when I walk or stand."

Warner said the hip doesn't hurt when he gets behind center or when he retreats from center because quarterbacks bend slightly at the waist when they take the snap back from center, which takes just enough pressure off the hip.

Warner's hip surgery was successful, but it will take about 12 months for it to be right. Warner is only 4 1/2 months separated from surgery.

OK, so the hip doesn't hurt Warner when he is playing or going back from center. How about when Patrick Willis blasts him in the side? Do you think it will hurt then?

Warner is putting a happy face on this story, but there is reason to be wary here. He has never been the healthiest of quarterbacks, and at the age of 38, it's hard to imagine Warner staying healthy for another full season when he's already being bugged by a hip that hurts when he walks or stands.

Early-round fantasy draft picks are largely about minimizing risk. When looking at Warner in the third or fourth round of your draft, know that there is a good amount of risk with that pick.

Source:

ESPN.com

As far as I am concerned I am staying away from Warner in all leagues now. Too much risk.

Then Fitz and Boldin would be a huge risk if Warner goes down, I might avoid the Cardinals all together this year. Last year I won with Warner and Fitz, maybe not so this year...

THe Arizona schedule is such a joke this year I'm not moving Warner on my draft board at all.

And it aint like he's ever been mobile.

THe Arizona schedule is such a joke this year I'm not moving Warner on my draft board at all.

And it aint like he's ever been mobile.