Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Charlotte or Phoenix for a weekend?

Haven't been to either..wife wants to take a few days somewhere...

Anything cool to do in either town?

We don't like the usual cookie cutter BS tourist excursions.....we like unique off the beaten path type adventures.

Thanks for any insight.

I've only been to Charlotte ... and it sucks, so go to Phoenix.

Never been to Charlotte, but ive heard good things. Phoenix is nice especially if you want to mix it up and are willing to drive. Sedona, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff all within driving distance.

Charlotte has the Choo-Choo Tranny Restroom Museum. Fun for kids of all ages.

Glory holes?

Just out of curiosity, how did those two cities rise to the top of the list?

Ehh..direct flights from Des Moines. Short weekend trip..didn't want to spend the day flying.

SOUTH CAROLINA: Done!! Thanks man!! I can golf all weekend...you can feed her and be god damned entertainment director all weekend. :)

KSB: just looking at Phoenix....stuff like kayaking down the Salt river....saw a neat hike up by Payson to hit waterfalls and swimming, Phoenix has castles? Apparently.

Just fun or active unique stuff....no museums, or shops....basically shiit where there's not a lot of other humans.

As a Phoenix resident, it sucks sweaty cack here until October-ish. I've never been to Charlotte but it can't possibly be worse than here. As others have pointed out however, there is the whole Flagstaff and Grand Canyon thing which doesn't suck this time of year.

October to April, this place rocks.

Chicks here are phenomenally hot. Again, can't speak for Charlotte. But I will say that since this is a fairly transitory city, people (including hot chicks) are very nice to strangers.

As a Phoenix resident, it sucks sweaty cack here until October-ish. I've never been to Charlotte but it can't possibly be worse than here. As others have pointed out however, there is the whole Flagstaff and Grand Canyon thing which doesn't suck this time of year.

October to April, this place rocks.

Chicks here are phenomenally hot. Again, can't speak for Charlotte. But I will say that since this is a fairly transitory city, people (including hot chicks) are very nice to strangers.

Thats fine. Looking at some water stuff.

This is what I'm talking about. Found the Grand Canyon Caverns in where you can stay 22 stories down in a hotel cave overnight. That's the kind of stuff we like doing. Unique.

But it's like 200 miles from Phoenix. So that's probably not happening

Having never been to either, I would choose San Diego.

If not, NC would be where I'd go. I hear they have an ocean and everything there

Plus...Sweater Vest Geek Meat possibility :banana:

Charlotte is Bill Murray's chosen hometown. So it can't be that bad.

Pfft... Phoenix is Charles Barkley's chosen hometown. OK, Scottsdale. OK, a drunk tank in Scottsdale.

NC was pretty cool when I went. We drove to Ashville which had a million nano breweries. They had a kayak water park, although it may still be shut down from when that girl got the brain eating amoeba and died from the water.

Arizona is going to be hot as hell.

NC was pretty cool when I went. We drove to Ashville which had a million nano breweries. They had a kayak water park, although it may still be shut down from when that girl got the brain eating amoeba and died from the water.

Arizona is going to be hot as hell.

Ah crap...sorry..going in late september. Would think itll be cooler.

Never been to Charlotte, but ive heard good things. Phoenix is nice especially if you want to mix it up and are willing to drive. Sedona, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff all within driving distance.

Agreed...love Sedona...not that far of a drive from Phoenix.

Have not spent much time in Charlotte...liked Ashville a bit better or on the west side of NC in the blue ridge mountains.

Ah crap...sorry..going in late september. Would think itll be cooler.

Late September can still be pretty warm, but not quite as bad as summer. One of the nice things about an AZ vacation, as others have pointed out, is that you are a few hour drive from completely different climates. You can do your summery sun fun (and nightlife) in Phoenix, then head to Sedona, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon. Heck it is a 5 hour drive to Vegas.