Sign in to follow this  
track 1

whoever drafted Jimmy Graham is going to get burned

brah, week 2 these retards will be on new threads, such as but not limited to, 'Lamar Miller is the 2nd coming of walter payton!' or 'CJ Spiller can't hold Fred Jackson's jock, worst 1st round pick ever!'

etcetcetc. That is 80% of this board, overreactions all day every day. Has been for years. Just gotta get through the retardedness and find the small pieces of info that will help you in the long run...

I know, but every year I come back & hope it's gonna change... I'm a glutton for punishment. Think that's why the boreds are much more informative during the offseason than all the threads after week 1.

Duh. OK, I agree Graham is still the #1 TE. Except Graham cost a 2.5 pick in my league, where I got Cook at 11.7 and Cameron went at 15.5. It's all about value, and Graham at 2.5 is a poor value compared to the WR or RB that draft pick should get.

To me, TE is kinda like QB, only with fewer points typically at stake. Most leagues only start one, and there is a tradeoff of taking the safe guy early vs. the risky guy late.

The difference to me between the positions is that it seems like at TE you have guys who emerge (sometimes during the season) moreso than at QB. I got Myers and Heath Miller off of waivers last year for instance.

As a result, I'm more willing to go early on QB then on TE. I tried rolling with Graham last year in a few leagues and hated it; I felt like I was chasing RB/WR the rest of the draft. This year I've got Cameron in two of my three leagues and I'm happy to roll with him.

If you mean Burned by his awesomeness!!

Then im slow roasted over an open fire..just call me chestnuts..or hot nuts..

Either way....WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

never draft a TE this early

he was going round 2 or 3? lol

way too many good wr and rb to pass up

HA HA 100 yards receiving and 2 TDS in first half today!

Week Two: 10 catches, 179 yards and a TD.

Graham owners, do you feel the burn!!!

I'm so grateful that I have a stud TE1 in Jared Cook, particularly in light of Graham's performance today--and that's not even including the TD that was (rightfully) called back.

:lol: :lol:

I'm so grateful that I have a stud TE1 in Jared Cook, particularly in light of Graham's performance today--and that's not even including the TD that was (rightfully) called back.

:lol: :lol:

:banana:

A better argument is whether tight end should even be a separate position in fantasy football.

This season is shaping up as a nice year for tight ends. But so many times over the years you end up with a few really productive guys at the position, then a huge drop-off to a bunch of mediocre guys and scrubs that people have to start every week.

I know it diminishes the value of the top tight ends somewhat to lump them in with WRs, but there just are not consistently enough good pass-catching TEs in the league to justify its own position. It would be akin to having a separate position for fullback back in the days when there were pass-catching fullbacks and a few were really good.

So, because there are a few guys who excel at the position, and thus the owners who recognize this and draft wisely get rewarded, we should do away with the position? I'm sorry, but that seems just completely bass ackwards to me. Should that be the goal of a league's rules, to just homogenize everything as much as possible? Maybe we should do away with QB too, since not everyone can have a guy as good as Peyton or Rodgers.

Based on VBD, guys like graham and gronk are actually like top 10 players in a draft format. If you have a specific TE slot that is. Plain and simple. The overreactions around cook and others, well that's classic FFToday moronity isn't it. Changes week to week because morons have no ability to think about anything more than the highlights they just saw for the week. Lastly, TEs are notorious for lack of consistency, which makes guys like graham even more valuable. Hell even WRs outside of like the top 5 are highly inconsistent. Likely not to the tune of 0 catches like TEs can be, but bottom line is, anytime you can get someone at a position that is head and shoulders above everyone else at that position, VBD dictates that that player is a top pick. Fact that you can get him in the late 2nd/early 3rd is just gravy...

morons

The thing about Graham, and Gronk, that even VBD doesn't fully capture, is not just the numbers they put up in total, but their consistency from week to week.

Some tight-ends will have monster weeks, but then disappear for weeks. So while they might help you deliver an ass-kicking ever few weeks, they also tend to be a non-factor fairly often.

Graham is an important part of the Saints' gameplan week in, and week out. Last year he averaged 8.5 targets per game, was targeted at least 8 times in 11 of 16 games, and had double digit targets in 7 games. He also scored in half their games. The year before he was targeted 9.5 times a game on average, was NEVER targeted fewer than 7 times, and scored in 11 games.

That's a guy who will help you compete every week.

I think, at this point, the only tracks are in track's shorts!

:o

Is this the biggest fail ever??

:wave:

I think it may be the worst fail in fftoday history. Actually, it may be the worst fail in football history. I.would feel like a complete D if I made this thread.

I think it may be the worst fail in fftoday history. Actually, it may be the worst fail in football history. I.would feel like a complete D if I made this thread.

:overhead: Agreed. Graham is saving my arse and covering the crappy RBs on my team!

Oh yea, David Wilson was a much better pick for me in rnd 2 than Jimmy, big Dave really held the fort down for me. Yep Ol davey boy really did the trick.