Sign in to follow this  
Striker99

Will you be drafting Manning this year in the first round?

No i don't draft QBS in the first round

Never chase last years stats, remember when Brady had 50 and that guy you know took him first overall the following year? Ok not fair since he got hurt, but still, the fantasy gods pretty much always smite people who chase miricle seasons so id stay away at his adp. Also I never take a qb in rnd 1. Even tho the big 3 are grerat and you pay for the certainty of returns, its just simply always better to get the Romos, Ryans and Kaeps etc in rnd 5-6. Trust me you will HATE the way your team looks when you take qb in rnd 1 when you compare it to the team that drafted the next tier of stud qbs and also have an elite RB and WR. You will near commit suicide when you see who your rb2 and wr1 is. Early qb pretty much wrecks your whole team on paper at least. Your drafting in mud a round behind everyone else it seems. Also you will when someone gets a perfectly good to great qb in rnd 7...rnd7!!

Just let him go to someone else. Take a top RB or wr with your pick and be happy

If Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers falls to me in the 3rd round then I'll take them. 1-2 round no

Never chase last years stats, remember when Brady had 50 and that guy you know took him first overall the following year? Ok not fair since he got hurt, but still, the fantasy gods pretty much always smite people who chase miricle seasons so id stay away at his adp. Also I never take a qb in rnd 1. Even tho the big 3 are grerat and you pay for the certainty of returns, its just simply always better to get the Romos, Ryans and Kaeps etc in rnd 5-6. Trust me you will HATE the way your team looks when you take qb in rnd 1 when you compare it to the team that drafted the next tier of stud qbs and also have an elite RB and WR. You will near commit suicide when you see who your rb2 and wr1 is. Early qb pretty much wrecks your whole team on paper at least. Your drafting in mud a round behind everyone else it seems. Also you will ###### when someone gets a perfectly good to great qb in rnd 7...rnd7!!

That may be true but a QB that can score 40 in a game can make up for that. And its not like the top five backs every year are ranked in the first. Example.....Lacy and Forte last year. And Rice or Johnson are ranked much lower this year. Rice had a thigh injury last year and people are buying the Pierce hype. Rice will only be out 2-4 games and will take his job back when he returns. He helped build that team into elite status. I also heard Johnson say he's not worried about committee and that jets will still give CJ2K a lot of carries. Sankey was great in college and he is the bellcow for the titans. I am not worried about missing out on a bigtime rb and wr when I have a qb and receivers that will put up points along with a undervalued set of backs. All of those guys are in 4th/5th rounds.

I know I am going for an elite qb this year and if that means I miss out on elite rb or receiver in one of the first 2 rounds so be it. If I am picking high enough to get a top 6 back(not Lynch) then I will get a rb, but I am following that up with QB and then there's a nice WR in the third I can take with no.1 upside. Maybe fourth and I would have 2 no.1s. I found ways to win in 2010 by fielding a great QB, WRs, and streaming defenses and kickers and hoping the rb and te did something. It got me to the title game where I fell short because I benched a 30 point receiver(Bowe).

I know I am going for an elite qb this year and if that means I miss out on elite rb or receiver in one of the first 2 rounds so be it. If I am picking high enough to get a top 6 back(not Lynch) then I will get a rb, but I am following that up with QB and then there's a nice WR in the third I can take with no.1 upside. Maybe fourth and I would have 2 no.1s. I found ways to win in 2010 by fielding a great QB, WRs, and streaming defenses and kickers and hoping the rb and te did something. It got me to the title game where I fell short because I benched a 30 point receiver(Bowe).

In that case, taking a qb after an rb is fine, but good luck having the top 3 fall to you after a top 6 pick. If they do then great, but if not, don't reach for the next best qb. That's the tier trap, missing the top tier then getting the next tier of the same position is bad. Go for the top wr or rb on your board at that point and target your next favorite qbs in rnd 3-4. If they are gone by then, you have to drop down yet another tier and get the next group of guys a round later. Just keep taking the position with the highest tiered player left and you will maximize value.

Then once the season starts all that is thrown out the window and stud rbs fail while no names become studs, random qbs start throwing 4tds a game and free agent wrs out score Calvin and Julio by 20pnts, the worst defenses get 2 pick6 and the best defenses get gashed for 30 every week.. Isn't fantasy football fun!

I did in a couple 2QB leagues. You run out of QBs quickly in those things, and a quality QB is even harder to find down the draft in 2QB leagues than a running back. But in 1 QB leagues, I wouldn't draft him in the first round unless they're giving 6 or 7 points per TD, and then only late in round 1.

Two of the leagues I'm in are starting two QBS, I pray that others will take a QB first round .

That may be true but a QB that can score 40 in a game can make up for that. And its not like the top five backs every year are ranked in the first. Example.....Lacy and Forte last year. And Rice or Johnson are ranked much lower this year. Rice had a thigh injury last year and people are buying the Pierce hype. Rice will only be out 2-4 games and will take his job back when he returns. He helped build that team into elite status. I also heard Johnson say he's not worried about committee and that jets will still give CJ2K a lot of carries. Sankey was great in college and he is the bellcow for the titans. I am not worried about missing out on a bigtime rb and wr when I have a qb and receivers that will put up points along with a undervalued set of backs. All of those guys are in 4th/5th rounds.

Forte went in the first round of every single redraft I was in last year. I'm not sure where you played where this didn't occur.

You obviously aren't drafting right now either. ADP is total BS until after the preseason. In REAL drafts, Sankey is going in the late 3rd right now. For focks sake, Toby G. is going in the 2nd. CJ2K has been going in the late 3rd and early 4th now. He has risen higher in each draft I've been in. Ray Rice can still be had in the late 5th and even the 6th. Sankey will end up being a 2nd round redraft guy by the 2nd week of the preseason.

Some of your post is highly flawed. Lacy was underrated by most entering the season last year, however, he was going in the 3rd round at rtsports redraft leagues from the final week of the preseason until the first Sunday kickoff. I just looked up my old leagues to verify that.

I love this time of year. People will throw out absolute BS stats and information to make their case. lol Bro, Forte went in the first round of 17 of my 18 redrafts at RTsports in 2013. The only one he didn't go in round one was the very first one I did prior to the preseason beginning.

Agree with Upper Class Trash on this one. I think you can find guys with great value later but I think it's much easier to find a late round QB with value. You are going to have to dig deeper than Sankey or CJ to find a deep RB that will produce like you are saying. I think both those guys will be drafted by the 3rd once preseason starts.

I would not take Manning with pick one

Such a thing can not be done

I would not take Manning with pick two

That is something I won't do

I would not take Manning with pick three

Adrian Peterson calls to me

I would not take Manning with pick four

Shove that idea out the door

I would not take Manning with pick five

Get out of here with that jive

I would not take Manning with pick six

That idea can hit the bricks

I would not take Manning with pick seven

Or eight, nine, ten, even eleven

I would not take Manning with pick twelve

I would not take him, Sam I am.

What's sad is that I felt compelled to read every one of those. Your last one doesn't rhyme.

Anyway, someone took Peyton with the first overall pick in my money draft, so I never even had the chance. I would've done it because I was picking late in the first round and TDs are worth 6. Ended up with Romo in round 8 or something like that. I'll take that. Heck, with their new offense, Romo may end up having the biggest year out of all of them....until the playoffs, at which time he'll choke. He. He.

I would take brees first overall if it were a point per completion league. The qb position is ridiculously overpowered with a full point per completion.

I would not take Manning with pick twelve

Pure genius right up to here^

My theory: If I project a QB to have 35+ total TD's, then a mid to late 1st round pick is justifiable.

The only QB I'm projecting that high at this point in time is Rodgers.

Denver's tough schedule is bigger factor to me than it is to most others. Not to mention, they could've been exposed is the SB.

I would not take Manning with pick twelve, no sir, no maam.

Fixed.

Pure genius right up to here^

My theory: If I project a QB to have 35+ total TD's, then a mid to late 1st round pick is justifiable.

The only QB I'm projecting that high at this point in time is Rodgers.

Denver's tough schedule is bigger factor to me than it is to most others. Not to mention, they could've been exposed is the SB.

No drew brees?

Not that i would draft him as a top 5 qb, but jay cutler has a really good shot. Shhhhh!!! Sleeper qb!!!