Sign in to follow this  
vrabinec

Annoying trade "partners"

What is with all these guys who want to trade you two fair to decent players for your stud? I've got a guy sending me charts about player values and how the two he's offering add up to more than my one guy. Who cares? I keep telling him that I don't need more depth and the improvement in the two he's offering won't outweigh the loss of the stud, but he keeps at it. How come nobody ever offers up a stud in return for two of your mid-range guys? It's always Vereen and Tate for D. Thomas. Or Mathews and Harvin for Lacy. Patterson and Bush for Johnson. WTF? I could see if it's mid-season, and you lost a bunch of depth and have nowhere to turn, but preseason? Anybody else get bombarded with these trade offers?

because most people suck at trading...sell high buy low. And never fall in love with any of ur players

Far worse is the guy who tries to 'win' every trade or the guy who constantly low balls and then acts like you are obtuse when you reject. Sorry I didn't want to trade Dez Bryant for Riley Cooper and Frank Gore buddy!

I wish more people understood the best trades work for both teams.

Most of the people I've come across who truly suck at trading are in the 'Masters' Bronze and Silver leagues MFF runs on MFL. The worst. I won't join another 'masters' fantasy football league again.

• Like 1

Far worse is the guy who tries to 'win' every trade or the guy who constantly low balls and then acts like you are obtuse when you reject. Sorry I didn't want to trade Dez Bryant for Riley Cooper and Frank Gore buddy!

I wish more people understood the best trades work for both teams.

Most of the people I've come across who truly suck at trading are in the 'Masters' Bronze and Silver leagues MFF runs on MFL. The worst. I won't join another 'masters' fantasy football league again.

Nobody wants my Riley Cooper :(

I usually have to "lose" a trade to get it to actually happen, which means I need to have done loads of research and feel very confident about the players I have targeted. I will usually find a team with significant needs and then scout their players hard. Find weak points and strong points in their schedule etc., so that I can maximize my time for when to start pushing hard for a trade. I also always text message my trade talks. I'm not sure why but the frequency of successful trades has significantly improved since I've started doing this. Obviously we are in a league with friends so it isn't always possible, but I've also had success with emailing general trade talks before making an offer. I start with something like this in my leagues where I don't know anyone. "I'm really interested in Lacy and it looks like you need some WR help. Are you interested in making something work for both of us?" If I get the smallest whiff of interest in a deal then I really start hammering on it.

I will not trade with people who constantly throw out low ball trade offers every single week.

• Like 1

What is with all these guys who want to trade you two fair to decent players for your stud? I've got a guy sending me charts about player values and how the two he's offering add up to more than my one guy. Who cares? I keep telling him that I don't need more depth and the improvement in the two he's offering won't outweigh the loss of the stud, but he keeps at it. How come nobody ever offers up a stud in return for two of your mid-range guys? It's always Vereen and Tate for D. Thomas. Or Mathews and Harvin for Lacy. Patterson and Bush for Johnson. WTF? I could see if it's mid-season, and you lost a bunch of depth and have nowhere to turn, but preseason? Anybody else get bombarded with these trade offers?

Why wants the problem with it . I always make a few of them offers . If the other person goes for the deal their problem not mine .

Why wants the problem with it . I always make a few of them offers . If the other person goes for the deal their problem not mine .

It's insulting, and makes people assume you're either (1) and idiot, (2) an @sshole, or (3) both. Usually number 3.

How's this one... got offered Carson Palmer for Matt Ryan. Yeah, let me jump all over that before he changes his mind. :lol:

Not my problem .

#3.

Again

I always make a few of them offers . If the other person goes for the deal their problem not mine .

How very christian of you weepaws. I'm sure Jesus thinks highly of people who possess superior morals such as yourself. For the record, I am sorry I ever encouraged you to post in these forums.

How very christian of you weepaws. I'm sure Jesus thinks highly of people who possess superior morals such as yourself. For the record, I am sorry I ever encouraged you to post in these forums.

Lol. You encouraged the weepaws? Oh man. I have him blocked. Only person here who i have blocked. He makes my eye twitch.

This comment made my day. :)

Will thats why i am a christian . I am not perfect i am just like you and everyone else , a sinner saved by grace, from GOD who is perfect .

It's insulting, and makes people assume you're either (1) and idiot, (2) an @sshole, or (3) both. Usually number 3.

LOL i guess i am lucky not to have anyone so sensitive like in the leagues i'm in . Thank you Jesus . Amen

Doesn't matter anyway... the league will just downvote the trade.

(voting on trades is focking stupid).

Will never happens because who would say yes to it .

Lol. You encouraged the weepaws? Oh man. I have him blocked. Only person here who i have blocked. He makes my eye twitch.

Oh my soul thank you Jesus .

LOL wow you guys are very sensitive . My encouragement comes from Father God . I am here posting because i enjoy ff .

LOL i guess i am lucky not to have anyone so sensitive like in the leagues i'm in . Thank you Jesus . Amen

It doesn't take much for someone to fall into one of those categories. :cheers:

Jesus Christ built my hotrod :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Will thats why i am a christian . I am not perfect..a sinner saved by grace, from GOD who is perfect... Oh my soul thank you Jesus.

Well said. "Its all about meeeeeeee."

my fav is when guys say aww I cant trade him, I've had him since rookie season...lol I'm like dude your not married to the guy. Get over it. The player could care less if he is on ur FF team. I have a few dumb ass' like this in our league.

• Like 1

I hate the guy that looks at where players were drafted in analyzing trades. "I can't trade you my second round pick for your 4th and 5th rounders" :mad:

• Like 1

I hate the guy that looks at where players were drafted in analyzing trades. "I can't trade you my second round pick for your 4th and 5th rounders" :mad:

Well it makes sense in the early part of the year. Middle to end it shouldnt matter.

Well it makes sense in the early part of the year. Middle to end it shouldnt matter.

I don't agree. When you drafted them matters right up until maybe week 2 results. After that its time to cut bait and move on targets you missed in the draft.

• Like 1

I don't agree. When you drafted them matters right up until maybe week 2 results. After that its time to cut bait and move on targets you missed in the draft.

Youre right. As soon as i reread it i realized that half way is waaaay too late to hold onto draft position. I was too lazy to correct myself and wanted to see who the first person to challenge would be. Nothing escapes the ralphster!

To use an analogy, if you trade away $10 and get $10 back, you are cool if it happens, and cool if it doesn't. It's when you are giving away $5 and getting back $10 that you'll be pissed if the trade doesn't go through.

some guys like to respond to trade offers by CCing other league managers..... bush ^_^

• Like 1

This :thumbsup:

2 years ago I came back into a league I started back in 1996.

I had Forte. Dez, Gronk, Turner as my 4 keepers...Fricking gross

I had to trade my most valuable asset Dez cuz he was so inconsistent... I traded him for Roddy White and Dennis Pitta

I then traded Gronk Forte and to the Brady owner for Demarious Thomas (2nd year in NFL) and McCoy who was on an awful Eagles team.

Last year I tarded Kapernick and Crabtree and my first round pick for Marshall and Luck

Then I just traded luck this offseason to get gronk back.

Now in my 3rd year back my keepers are

McCoy (ADP 1.1 - 1.2)

Demarious (ADP 1.10)

Marshall (ADP 2.3)

Gronk (ADP 3.2 )

I have been lost superbowl two years in a row but netted 2nd place cash of $500

I will win this year barring injury...stay tuned :banana:

If I get lowballed, I'll ALWAYS send them a ridiculous counteroffer back. Think Gostkowski for Forte type of counter. I usually get some sort of response like I'm an idiot (see rholio's comment above), but it gets them off my back or it opens up the lines of communication to discuss what could realistically be in the cards.

Just my .02

• Like 1

I always lowball a trade but not by much. Sometimes I have to trade away good players to get a hole in my line up filled

If I get lowballed, I'll ALWAYS send them a ridiculous counteroffer back. Think Gostkowski for Forte type of counter. I usually get some sort of response like I'm an idiot (see rholio's comment above), but it gets them off my back or it opens up the lines of communication to discuss what could realistically be in the cards.

Just my .02

I countered the offer I mentioned (Palmer for Ryan) with Ryan for Rodgers and his 1st round pick. :thumbsup: