Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Am I the only one, that thinks Mixon could out produce Hunt ?

It's possible but I don't think it's probable,

Mixon could be better adjusted this season and Hunt did kind of tail off a bit last season so who knows?

I don’t think he can.

What have the Bengals done to improve their third worst O line in the league?

I think its possible. I do t k ow what to expect from Hunt this year. He had some amazing weeks last year but had plenty of bad weeks. Now his ADP is high and has competition. I cant imagine theyll just ignore Ware this season and hes going undrafted in many drafts. I think theyre pretty even.

I like Hunt a lot going into this season.

I think hes worthy of a top five rb.

Mixon is still a wait and see for me , the Bengals still have Gio sitting around, so Im not sure just by touches alone Hunt wont out score Mixon.

I think Mixon has the ability to be a very good rb in the nfl, but I still dont trust the Bengals staff any more then I did last season.

Thanks.

I like Hunt a lot going into this season.

I think hes worthy of a top five rb.

Mixon is still a wait and see for me , the Bengals still have Gio sitting around, so Im not sure just by touches alone Hunt wont out score Mixon.

I think Mixon has the ability to be a very good rb in the nfl, but I still dont trust the Bengals staff any more then I did last season.

Thanks.

There was an interesting stat I read on Mixon's touches last year. Granted it was a small sample window, but once he became the primary ball carrier, until he had the ankle injury, he received 71% of the RB touches. That was with Gio active. This was in the top 3 or 5 for all RB's. As for timeshare issues, everyone seems to forget that Spencer Ware, when/if he returns is likely to have a role in this offense as he is the better pass protector.

As for the offensive line issues, the Bengals drafted Center Billy Price in Round 1 and acquired LT Cordy Glenn. The line may not be great, but if Glenn stays healthy it will be better than last year.

I think it's very conceivable that Mixon has more touches this year than Hunt. I still like the potential of the KC offense more than that of the Bengals but I think it a lot easier to project some upside into the Bengals offense and Mixon specifically than it is in Hunt. Hunt is going to be drafted off last year's production and I think it's more likely that he regresses a little, than for him to improve on last season.

Not debating that Hunt should be the higher pick, just some interesting trends that may indicate Mixon is a bit undervalued.

Mixon fumbled every 70 touches, averaged 3.5 per carry, and only had 4 TD's. Plus, Marvin Lewis is still there.

There was an interesting stat I read on Mixon's touches last year. Granted it was a small sample window, but once he became the primary ball carrier, until he had the ankle injury, he received 71% of the RB touches. That was with Gio active. This was in the top 3 or 5 for all RB's. As for timeshare issues, everyone seems to forget that Spencer Ware, when/if he returns is likely to have a role in this offense as he is the better pass protector.

As for the offensive line issues, the Bengals drafted Center Billy Price in Round 1 and acquired LT Cordy Glenn. The line may not be great, but if Glenn stays healthy it will be better than last year.

I think it's very conceivable that Mixon has more touches this year than Hunt. I still like the potential of the KC offense more than that of the Bengals but I think it a lot easier to project some upside into the Bengals offense and Mixon specifically than it is in Hunt. Hunt is going to be drafted off last year's production and I think it's more likely that he regresses a little, than for him to improve on last season.

Not debating that Hunt should be the higher pick, just some interesting trends that may indicate Mixon is a bit undervalued.

Great points, and thank you for them, I appreciate it.

I do think Mixon can be good, but I know some say they don’t trust Reid, will I don’t trust the Lewis gang even more so.

Great insite thanks.

I will use that info.

I guess what my point is, you could get Mixon mid, late 2nd round. Not using a 1st round on Hunt and get maybe the same production. You could have both, or get a stud WR in the 1st and not loose much value grabbing Mixon in the 2nd

KC is gonna let Reid call the plays and that will limit Hunt, but I think he will still out-gun Mixon. He's simply better and if Reid screws it up too much (and they are losing) somehow that problem will be taken care of. Hunt......................................

Gio.

Bengals line is a joke. Mixon isn't that great anyway.

Hunt is on a team that will have a first year starter at QB. Hunt proved himself as a work horse back last year. Chiefs have a good offensive line. I don't think Hunt will lead the league in rushing yards again, but he'll get every opportunity to finish as a RB1. Whereas Mixon might not finish as a RB2.

Im in a dynasty startup and love the thought of guys spending $20+ dollars out of a $200 budget on guys like Joe Mixon and Kenyan Drake

I guess what my point is, you could get Mixon mid, late 2nd round. Not using a 1st round on Hunt and get maybe the same production. You could have both, or get a stud WR in the 1st and not loose much value grabbing Mixon in the 2nd

Looking at ADP (fantasy pros and fantasy calculator), it appears that over the last month, Mixon is falling into the top of the 3rd round (26th & 27th overall), with Hunt going around 9 to 11. It looks like they're not really interchangeable at the moment. By that I mean, if you have pick #9 and you pass on Hunt to take Hopkins (for example), you'd have to take Mixon at pick 15. At that point, I don't think it's a value. You're reaching at that point. Now, if you're picking #5 and you take Brown (after Gurley, Johnson, Elliott, and Bell), and Mixon comes to you in the 3rd, then yes, I see nothing wrong with taking Brown at #5 instead of Hunt and taking Mixon in the 3rd at #29 if it works out that way.

The downside to that of course is, will Mixon get there? You might have to take him at #20. Which wouldn't be bad, but guys like Freeman and McCaffery are going there and I'd rather have one of them. If both are gone, then I'd say yes, take Mixon because after that, the prospects aren't that good. Other than Howard, the next tier of RB's are rookies.

If I'm picking in the back portion of the draft, and Hunt is there at #8 (for example), I'll take him there and see what WR/RB fall to me at #17, right now that's looking like M. Thomas, K. Allen, D. Freeman, & McCaffery. ADP shows pretty good WR's in the low 30's and no quality RB's. I'd probably take Freeman at 17 then Fitzgerald at #32 and then take Demaryius, Gordon, Juju, or Robinson in the 4th.

I like Hunt, Freeman, Fitz, Gordon a lot more than I'd like Hopkins, Mixon, Fitz, Penny.

I feel Mixon will have a better year than last year, but predicting Mixon will outproduce Hunt is pushing the envelope a long way.

the Line in Cinci is improved, but not to the point where I feel they will be dominant. I think that this is the largest limiting factor for Mixon's numbers.

He's draftable. but In a redraft league I draft him as a RB2.

in a keeper/Dynasty league you draft him as a RB1 but that is more based on future potential rather than expected production for this year.

Ive had a Bengal on my team like 3 years in a row. They have all sucked and hurt my squad. Someone else can have that mess.

In addition, I think it can be argued that the Bengals defense has gotten a little worse rather than better. That limits the opportunities for the offense as a whole. The Bengals should finish in the cellar in that division this year.

If the Bengals defense isnt as good, I dont think that hurts Mixon.

Might even help him with even more touches.

I think he is a rb2 in either non or ppr leagues.

But he wont put up better numbers then Hunt.

I think Mixon will be the steal of the draft

He without question is going too be much better then last season.

But he still playes for the Bengals right? And M Lewis and his staff still coach that team?

I’m more Afraid of Lewis then I am of Reid.

He without question is going too be much better then last season.

But he still playes for the Bengals right? And M Lewis and his staff still coach that team?

I’m more Afraid of Lewis then I am of Reid.

Lewis is a defensive coach so I'm not sure how much he really gets involved into offensive player usage and play calling. It's Bill Lazor that's the one most control over how Mixon will be utilized. I think it's certainly fair to question his credentials as he was fired in miami and only promoted because of a locker room mutiny last year. I think there has to be some improvement this year based on the upgraded OL, and a coordinator with a full off-season and camp to work with the team. But he may also be a mediocre to bad O-coordinator.