Sign in to follow this  
jtimko

Lesean McCoy/Lamar Miller overlooked workhorses?

I realize they aren't of RB1 status anymore, but as a solid RB2/flex option? I just see a lot of unproven RBBC guys going ahead of them in every mock draft I do.

McCoy- Assuming nothing comes out of the domestic abuse incident, I feel like he's a steal as a RB2 in round 3. There are no other RB options in Buffalo. Yes, the offense will suck again, but he's getting a ton of volume; More than guys like Joe Mixon, McKinnen, McCaffery, etc.

Miller- Going to be the lead back in a high powered offense. Should also put up solid RB2 numbers on sheer volume. Foreman is still nursing an injury so the backfield will be Miller's (at least initially). Grabbing Miller in round 4/5 seems like some great value. Could even draft Foreman super late in case Miller doesn't pan out.

As a Texans fan I hate to say it and hope I'm wrong but put a fork in Foreman he's done. Miller is not a work horse rb and can not carry a full season load with out wearing down. Blue is nothing special.

Miller is interesting because he's finally going to be an offense. Gone are the days where stacking the box and stopping the run game vs Houston was the strategy. Now there's two explosive WRs and a QB that can hit them and run.,,,

We could see a bounce back year for miller....I agree with the OP

Watch McCoy be an RB1 like he always is. Miller Im torn on, hes in a good position to succeed but hes just not that talented.

I realize they aren't of RB1 status anymore, but as a solid RB2/flex option? I just see a lot of unproven RBBC guys going ahead of them in every mock draft I do.

McCoy- Assuming nothing comes out of the domestic abuse incident, I feel like he's a steal as a RB2 in round 3. There are no other RB options in Buffalo. Yes, the offense will suck again, but he's getting a ton of volume; More than guys like Joe Mixon, McKinnen, McCaffery, etc.

Miller- Going to be the lead back in a high powered offense. Should also put up solid RB2 numbers on sheer volume. Foreman is still nursing an injury so the backfield will be Miller's (at least initially). Grabbing Miller in round 4/5 seems like some great value. Could even draft Foreman super late in case Miller doesn't pan out.

If McCoy is playing I see him as a Rb1.

One question ppr or non?

McCoy will get volume, but that offense will be horrid. The OL is now bottom 5. They won't spend much time in the red zone. Shady could be out on the commissioners list at any moment is his heart in playing for a loser? I'd avoid unless somehow he he falls back to the mid 5th. That is unlikely.

McCoy will get volume, but that offense will be horrid. The OL is now bottom 5. They won't spend much time in the red zone. Shady could be out on the commissioners list at any moment is his heart in playing for a loser? I'd avoid unless somehow he he falls back to the mid 5th. That is unlikely.

I wouldn't worry about the heart thing. I'm sure he wants to make as much money as possible with another contract

Thanks. I'll probably avoid McCoy in the 3rd unless all the other guys I like are gone. Might target Miller in 4th or 5th round tho.

Both of them are kind of in the same boat.

They are on the verge of falling off the proverbial cliff with some wear and tear on the wheels.

Miller is likely to be okay this season but it's worth keeping in mind.

McCoy, well, I see major red flags with him. He's on the wrong side of 30 and his YPC took a major nose dive last season. Add to that the controversy around the home invasion fiasco and I see a big possibility of a nose dive in production.

Even if he doesn't get any discipline or anything like that from the NFL, it could take it's toll otherwise and lead to a poor season.

McCoy has a strong history of production so if he's there in the 3rd or 4th, he'll get taken. He may very well overcome and have a typical season but the risk is much higher than it's ever been for him.

I wouldn't worry about the heart thing. I'm sure he wants to make as much money as possible with another contract

McCoy isn't going to get another contract. He has two more seasons left on his current deal. After it is over he is done. His only contract motivation is not getting cut before the final year of his deal.

On top of what I've already said tell me the games on the first six weeks that you would be comfortable with McCoy as your RB2

@Bal- No

Lac- No

@Min- No

@GB- maybe he picks up yards in catch up mode

Ten- No

Houston- No

Some of the hope is that in PPR he sucks up targets. If Allen is the QB history says a mobile QB isn't a RB check down type. Plus, Allen has a big arm and throws downfield. Not the recipe for PPR RB success.