Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Look-Alike Players: Steven Jackson vs. Frank Gore

Redraft: Steven Jackson or Frank Gore?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Redraft: Jackson or Gore?

• Steven Jackson
    • Frank Gore

It's time for another summer of Look-Alike Player threads...if you're new to the Board, every few days during the summer, I will try to post a thread that lists two players who are very close in value in redraft situations. Simply vote for the player you feel should be drafted first and then add comments about your selection if you would like.

This is non-PPR for Look-Alike matchups that involve RBs, WRs, or TEs. Just standard point for every 10 yards and 6 for TDs.

Our second Look-Alike player matchup of the summer is: Steven Jackson vs. Frank Gore

Previous matchup results

Miles Austin leads Dez Bryant, 17-10.

Thanks for your participation!!

I voted Steven Jackson.

If there's one thing that I learned from watching Fisherball for all those years, it's that he REALLY wants to run the ball, control the clock, win the field-position battle, and kick FGs. This seems similar to Harbaugh's M.O. too; however, the 49ers have a stable of RBs that they can use with Gore/Hunter/Jacobs/James/Dixon, whereas the Rams don't have much after Jackson (except for the rookie Pead, who I don't know much about).

:dunno:

Steven jackson:

7 straight seasons with at least 1300 total yards.

No way am i drafting either player, although i am targetting isiah pead and kendal hunter in dynasty leagues.

My vote is for SJax. Too much competition in SF for Gore to put up solid #'s on a consistent basis for my liking. If they keep SJax fresh by spelling him with the rookie Pead, he could be a great value this season. Not to mention, STL plays in a dome on turf.

On a sidenote, is Cadillac Williams still on STL's roster?

I chose not to vote because I wouldn't draft either guy. I don't see where either one is any better than the other and I wouldn't put much stock into either one making it through the season without missing time.

Might I suggest a Chris Johnson vs Ryan Mathews Look-A-Like?

Assuming Jacobs gets cut (which I am) Gore still has Hunter and James behind him.

Jackson is still the unquestioned man in St. Louis with a fresh new, competent coaching staff.

SJax

I chose not to vote because I wouldn't draft either guy. I don't see where either one is any better than the other and I wouldn't put much stock into either one making it through the season without missing time.

Might I suggest a Chris Johnson vs Ryan Mathews Look-A-Like?

I like this. Very similar value & will generate a great discussion concerning their draft position.

S. Jax is going about a round earlier than Gore according to most ADP, but I do agree that they're in similar situations. Still, I think Jackson is the better pick here, simply because LaMichael James is a really good back and I think he'll wiggle out a pretty sizable role for the 49ers. Pead was nice in college too, but not nice enough to keep Steven Jackson from 260+ carries, whereas I could see Hunter, James, and Jacobs (if he makes the team) leaving Gore with closer to 220 on the year. I also think Bradford is shaping up for a bit of a bounce-back in his third season, whereas I'm not sure Alex Smith can keep the 49ers offense churning the way he did at times last year.