Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Tre'Quan Smith

Hes legit. Largest catch radius in draft class. Crushed the combine. He ate Auburns lunch in sugar bowl last year

Would you drop Gabriel or Goodwin for him?

That's tough. I personally would take Smith over Gabriel. I'm just not a Gabriel believer. Goodwin, OOF but no. I like Goodwin ROS.

Meredith or Smith?

Easy Smith for me, Brees has long history of supporting dynamic rookies who earn his trust. Still need to see snap counts and target shares of course.

• Like 2

That's tough. I personally would take Smith over Gabriel. I'm just not a Gabriel believer. Goodwin, OOF but no. I like Goodwin ROS.

Question you need to ask yourself is:

Do you want Goodwin with Beathard throwing to you or Smith with Brees throwing to you?

• Like 1

I personally would not drop John Brown for Smith. I would like to think Smith will get more snaps and then targets. As far as dropping Goodwin for Smith I would look at your other wrs if your weak then I would stick with Goodwin. If your strong and can gamble alittle more I would take a shot with Smith over Goodwin. I think Goodwin is a safer pick. Just my opinion !

Good luck !

• Like 1

No I wouldnt drop any of those RBs for Smith.

Are you holding two tes , two defenses , two K ??

I'd rather take a Drew Brees no 2, than a Jameis Winston no 3/4

But is he Drew Brees' no. 2 or his no. 3 behind Meredith? And then factor in Kamara and Ingram.

Both Meredith and Smith are available in my league and debating dropping Godwin for one of them but not sure which when. Godwin has been remarkably consistent.

Would you drop Kupp for him? At receiver would give me Adams, Diggs, Edelman, Gabriel then drop Kupp for Smith

Wouldn't outright drop Kupp for him. Kupp has more value. If anything try to clear a spot for Smith by trading Kupp

Question you need to ask yourself is:

Do you want Goodwin with Beathard throwing to you or Smith with Brees throwing to you?

The equation is a bit more complicated than that. Goodwin is the #1 receiving option in a Shanahan offense. We don't know where Smith stands in NO. Since we are talking fantasy stats we can say that CJ>JG.

We have seen little of Meredith until week 5 because of injury, minus the single 62 yard TD pass to Smith Meredith had the better overall game with more receptions and targets {5/71} and to overlook him vs Smith would be foolish...Smith is extremely talented but still developing, while Meredith playing mostly the slot might receive more volume in targets, although with Kamara & now Engram both involved I expect the Saints to lean more plays than before by rushing.....

We have seen little of Meredith until week 5 because of injury, minus the single 62 yard TD pass to Smith Meredith had the better overall game with more receptions and targets {5/71} and to overlook him vs Smith would be foolish...Smith is extremely talented but still developing, while Meredith playing mostly the slot might receive more volume in targets, although with Kamara & now Engram both involved I expect the Saints to lean more plays than before by rushing.....

:thumbsup: This.

Meredith also knows the pro game and Smith is still learning.

The Coach said he(meredith) didnt get play early in the season because he missed too much of camp and didnt have full familiarity with the offense. 5 weeks into the season, it is starting to look like hes coming around.

At this point, the only reason to think Meredith cant get it done is if his injury is limiting him. Unfortunately I didnt see the last game, but people I talked to said he looked good. That being the case, I'd be buying Meredith just based on past performance and reputation.

without a doubt one of these two WR's will be a nice waiver wire pickup. I"m betting on Meredith.

I picked up Smith in all leagues. Ill start him when I see his targets rise. Good stash.

Would you drop Gabriel or Goodwin for him?

No way i would drop Gabriel. He is basically the Bears number one in a passing system that looks to be getting better. Gabriel should be at WR2 at the worst for the remainder of the year

But is he Drew Brees' no. 2 or his no. 3 behind Meredith? And then factor in Kamara and Ingram.

Both Meredith and Smith are available in my league and debating dropping Godwin for one of them but not sure which when. Godwin has been remarkably consistent.

I think its Smith. Have to look up snap counts to confirm. But I think he was in more.

With all this hype, this guy is either the next Beckham Jr or Dede Westbrook

Would you be mad with either? I wouldnt.

snap counts are virtually the same for both players over the last 3 games with Smith having a slight advantage.

I think its a virtual dead heat on that front. either could emerge as the #2 or the coach could flip flop them both to keep the snap counts equal.

I still think its hard for first year WR to perform at a high level in the rookie year, so I think Meredith has the advantage there. but both players are potentially very good pickups and both are available on most waiver wires.

I think its Smith. Have to look up snap counts to confirm. But I think he was in more.

Would you be mad with either? I wouldnt.

Referring to the hype Dede received last year on here. There was a lot of talk for very little production.