Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Over 100 companies giving 'Trump Bonuses' after tax victory, 'tsunami building'

God did i fock that up. Thats my bad.. :lol: You made a statement, i posted a link.

Ultimate point was you used an example (kimberly clark) in this thread trying to refute the tax breaks as being a good thing. And for KClark, they arent.

I made a point in this thread that not all things are so rosy.

I could post about the tourism industry if youd like too.

KC is just one of many laying people off.

The true measure of the tax cuts wont be known for a bit yet.

You must work for a pretty sucky company. We have what I refer to as a "mini 7-11" on each side of every floor.

Apparently we were voted one of the best companies to work for in Orange County, CA. Not sure who does the voting.

Don't get me wrong, for a huge company it's not that bad. I get paid well by industry standards, good benefits, 100% 401k matching, yearly wage increases, etc. We have a nice cafeteria, w/ a Starbucks, sushi guy, blah blah. I just think they will remain more focused on pleasing the shareholders than throwing the employees a few bones.

I made a point in this thread that not all things are so rosy.

I could post about the tourism industry if youd like too.

KC is just one of many laying people off.

The true measure of the tax cuts wont be known for a bit yet.

They were in trouble before the tax cuts and in fact the breaks have helped them in restructuring.

Lets leave it at you picked a bad example.

I agree that the true measure will take longer than this to be certain. But so far so good.

They were in trouble before the tax cuts and in fact the breaks have helped them in restructuring.

Lets leave it at you picked a bad example.

I agree that the true measure will take longer than this to be certain. But so far so good.

Closing 10 plants and laying offemoloyees...I actually made no point about the tax breaks.

Not the best example for sure...but one of many where layoffs are happening.

Toys r Us closing 180 stores. Is that Trumps fault too? I look around my house and I can clearly see plenty of toys are still being bought

Closing 10 plants and laying offemoloyees...I actually made no point about the tax breaks.

Not the best example for sure...but one of many where layoffs are happening.

You posted about things not being rosy in a thread about tax breaks. Christ, man.

You posted about things not being rosy in a thread about tax breaks. Christ, man.

About tax breaks leading to bonuses.

Here we have a company that even with tax breaks leading to restructure is closing down plants and laying people off.

Its not a difficult concept here.

About tax breaks leading to bonuses.

Here we have a company that even with tax breaks leading to restructure is closing down plants and laying people off.

Its not a difficult concept here.

The article I read said that there is a decreased demand for diapers and stiffer competition from a price perspective. Why keep plants open making something for which the market and/or margins arent there? I have not seen which plants are being closed either. I believe the have plants in 35 countries.

The article I read said that there is a decreased demand for diapers and stiffer competition from a price perspective. Why keep plants open making something for which the market and/or margins arent there? I have not seen which plants are being closed either. I believe the have plants in 35 countries.

I had asked elsewhere and there wasnt least one in Wisconsin. Have a personal interest in this as my mother worked for KC for her entire career. Its what moves us to Tennessee...its what moves her back to Wisconsin. Also if interest to how this (and any changes in the paper industry) affect the town I grew up in.

I had asked elsewhere and there wasnt least one in Wisconsin. Have a personal interest in this as my mother worked for KC for her entire career. Its what moves us to Tennessee...its what moves her back to Wisconsin. Also if interest to how this (and any changes in the paper industry) affect the town I grew up in.

My company does a lot of work with KC throughout the country, so it is of interest to me as well.

The article I read said that there is a decreased demand for diapers

This is surprising considering the liberals reaction to MAGA.

Jesus, look at the circlejerking here. The only one with any value is Bert.

we get it, you love bert.

Maybe if you just came out, you'd release some of your inner demons and you could start enjoying life. Maybe try getting a part time job at a pet shelter ? You need help bud.

Well the Loser Lefties are pivoting from the companies are just going to keep this money to let’s see what happens next year.

What a bunch of losers, YOU WERE WRONG AGAIN, there is no reset here!

You must work for a pretty sucky company. We have what I refer to as a "mini 7-11" on each side of every floor.

The problem with big companies is that they are always trying to increase margin so some guy in middle management trying to get a pat on the head is always trying to reduce cost at the expense of the people under him.

Look, boss, I lowered expenses by 2%!

Good boy!

Dude stop arguing with this guy. He is waaaay out of touch. He thinks surfing the internet while his wife earns a living equals understanding how corporate America actually works. I learned this long ago discussing a highly over rated steak house in a very small town in Wisconsin.

• Like 1

Dude stop arguing with this guy. He is waaaay out of touch. He thinks surfing the internet while his wife earns a living equals understanding how corporate America actually works. I learned this long ago discussing a highly over rated steak house in a very small town in Wisconsin.

Holy shot...a conversation probably more than 10 years ago where o said I liked a steak from a place in my home town?

The rest of your post is complete bullshit.

Holy shot...a conversation probably more than 10 years ago where o said I liked a steak from a place in my home town?

The rest of your post is complete bullshit.

Poor thing, bless your heart.

Home improvement retailer Lowe's announced Thursday that it plans to enhance benefits and offer a one-time bonus up to $1,000 for its more than 260,000 hourly employees.

My company, which employs thousands, announced a $1,000 payout to all eligible employees and the CEO said it was 100% due to the tax cuts.

The fortune 100 company I work for just sent out a memo that they will no longer stock the break room with "honey, raw sugar, or flavored creamers" because it is too expensive. Our margins were 13% on 6 billion in revenue last year. Not holding my breath for a bonus. :dunno:

None of that shiot is good for you, they are just trying to look out for your health. :D

None of that shiot is good for you, they are just trying to look out for your health. :D

Got 6g woop! thanks Trump! I can buy my own raw sugar now! MAGA!

How much are you giving away to causes?

I'm giving almost half of it to the government, for the cause of MAGA. The rest to the Universal College Fund of Mobb_Deeps Daughter. :cheers:

I'm giving almost half of it to the government, for the cause of MAGA. The rest to the Universal College Fund of Mobb_Deeps Daughter. :cheers:

GOP rep unveils 'Crumbs Act' to make bonuses tax-free

A Republican lawmaker is set to unveil legislation that would make most bonuses given out as a result of President Trump's tax reform plan tax-free -- and took a jab at House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi with the bill's name.

Rep. Todd Rokita, R-Ind., has dubbed his bill the "Creating Relief and Useful Middle-Class Benefits and Savings" -- or "CRUMBS" Act. Pelosi, D-Calif., famously referred to the bonuses as "crumbs" in criticizing the tax plan last month.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/13/gop-rep-unveils-crumbs-act-to-make-bonuses-tax-free-in-swipe-at-pelosi.html

Nice. Enjoy a little of it.

The fortune 100 company I work for just sent out a memo that they will no longer stock the break room with "honey, raw sugar, or flavored creamers" because it is too expensive. Our margins were 13% on 6 billion in revenue last year. Not holding my breath for a bonus. :dunno:

Got 6g woop! thanks Trump! I can buy my own raw sugar now! MAGA!

Good for you and your family. Sounds like you are putting it to good use as well.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Good for you and your family. Sounds like you are putting it to good use as well.

:thumbsup:

Thanks! And I must admit I was fibbing a little. I've received an annual bonus for some time now. This is definitely the biggest I've received since the housing market crash though. I also see many of my junior team members are receiving a bonus this year. This is the first time for most of them.