Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Time to trade Megatron?

I'm skimming all the reply's and I'm not sure were the idea of selling low came from. The deal I was looking at was Benjamin and pick 1.02. I don;t think that's selling low. I think it's a pretty good deal. I probably should have jumped on it, but I took to long and the owner backed out. Now I am in talks for a possible deal for Hilton and picks. I'm not a fan of the smallish receivers, and the owner wants to give me a 2nd, not a 1st, so I am on the fence. I'm trying to work out another throw in piece or two to get him to part with the 1.05 pick. Basically, I think I will trade him if I can get a younger top 15 WR and an early first round pick. I am getting offers close, but they always want m to throw in something else that makes it a little too much.

I'm skimming all the reply's and I'm not sure were the idea of selling low came from. The deal I was looking at was Benjamin and pick 1.02. I don;t think that's selling low. I think it's a pretty good deal. I probably should have jumped on it, but I took to long and the owner backed out. Now I am in talks for a possible deal for Hilton and picks. I'm not a fan of the smallish receivers, and the owner wants to give me a 2nd, not a 1st, so I am on the fence. I'm trying to work out another throw in piece or two to get him to part with the 1.05 pick. Basically, I think I will trade him if I can get a younger top 15 WR and an early first round pick. I am getting offers close, but they always want m to throw in something else that makes it a little too much.

I agree, that offer would not have been selling low. There was a time when Calvin commanded a premium above the elite tier of WRs in dynasty and I think some owners feel that selling him for less than that now is selling low.

I think they base that view on the idea that his recent underperformance of expectations is the only reason he is selling for less now and if he has a good year he will reacquire the previous value, but I do not believe that is the case. He may move back to a top WR redraft valuation for 2016 if he has a great year but not in dynasty, no matter how he fares IMO.

Agree sale high .

I'm still shopping him. I have an offer on the table for picks 1.3 and 1.8, I should get at least one legit young WR with those picks. Calvin is hard to let go though.

I'm still shopping him. I have an offer on the table for picks 1.3 and 1.8, I should get at least one legit young WR with those picks. Calvin is hard to let go though.

The offer on the table is a fair market price (pending league settings, scoring, similarities of course) FWIW.

Calvin went for 1.08 and 1.09 in one league I am in................ and 1.04 Plus Jarvis Landry for Calvin plus a small bump in the 2nd in another league I am in

I agree with the general concensus.

to sum up. He missed 3 games last year and still was the 15th ranked WR in fantasy football.

hes still a beast when he is healthy.

that being said, he is 29. turning 30 shortly. This is the point where star players start their decline from stud status into mediocrity.

There are a lot of players who still have a man crush on him, so you will still get good value for him right now. I do expect one more very good season from him, but when it comes to players of this age, you are usually better off trading them away one year early than to hang on to him and risk trading him one year late.

I dont own Megatron. But if I did, this is how I would work it.

1) I'd fish around to see if anyone is willing to overpay for him. There is still a chance that someone will.

if the answer is no. I'd hang onto him and look into trading him two or three games into the season. ESPECIALLY if the first couple of games are against weaker defenses he can easily exploit.

if he has a big game or two to start the season, you will probably get some offers.

People forget age and injuries fast when a player puts up big numbers to start off a season. If he does put up big numbers, in the first game or two, you will easily unload him for good value. Guaranteed, someone will overpay.

In PPR leagues he ranked tied for 9th place in avg per game .

yes, and still missed 3 games. Many still consider him to be a stud.

and he may be for another year or two yet. But if you are concerned about injuries, you will get your best value for him in the next 6-9 months. after that he will be considered a depreciating asset and people will pay considerably less. I know a lot of people who have a rule of not paying large for any player over the age of 30. and with a few exceptions, that is a very good rule to live by.

so if trading him, you should know how long this window of opportunity will remain open to you.

Don't know about six to nine months , I think if you are going to sale high now is the time . Six to nine months from now he might be hurt and not worth as much as he is today .

Unless a super awesome offer comes along Calvin Johnson is one of those players you enjoy the ride until he's out of gas and then you just drop him.

Unless a super awesome offer comes along Calvin Johnson is one of those players you enjoy the ride until he's out of gas and then you just drop him.

That's exactly what separates the owners that win in ff and them that don't . The right time to trade away a great player like C Johnson .

That's exactly what separates the owners that win in ff and them that don't . The right time to trade away a great player like C Johnson .

Well, that and a good bit of luck - which may actually be the same thing.....

Well, that and a good bit of luck - which may actually be the same thing.....

Wrong . no luck in fantasy football .

I've still been shopping him, but haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. Would you guys trade him straight up for for Beckham? I have a team that will compete for a championship this coming year.

Exactly. I love playing against the guys that ride players until they're out of gas.

Uh, yeah there is.

Nope, you are either a winner at ff or you are not . That comes from hard work . Hard work is not about luck .

Nope, you are either a winner at ff or you are not . That comes from hard work . Hard work is not about luck .

Sure hard work helps you do better, but to deny that luck is a factor is simply naive.

It's only naive if you believe that luck helps you . I believe that if you work hard then you can get things done , and hard work does not come from luck it comes from a drive one has within.

Do the teams with the best record win your leagues every year?

Do the teams that leads your leagues in scoring win the title every year?

If you answered yes to either question, you're lying.

If you answered no to either question then luck plays a factor.

No they do not . If they did they would be lucky to do so . But there is no luck . Sorry my person my what you sow is what you reap . The person that works hard is going to come out on top , the. That do not lose . No luck in upsets my person just hard work and lots of preparation . Sorry that you live your life on luck and not your own skills , your should pray for skill.

Its actually what makes fantasy football fun. If we all did the same thing and fallowed the same guide lines the game would be pretty dull.

I've still been shopping him, but haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. Would you guys trade him straight up for for Beckham? I have a team that will compete for a championship this coming year.

Why would the Beckham owner want him?

This is pointless, you are completely clueless

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner .

he still has 3-4 highly productive years left and probably another couple years after that.. I can see him being relevant to age 35 or so

Its actually what makes fantasy football fun. If we all did the same thing and fallowed the same guide lines the game would be pretty dull.

Why would the Beckham owner want him?

Name value, proven stud for years, coolest nickname of any WR.

There's a recipe for ending up in the basement.

If I were a Beckham owner I would ask what else are you going to add to the deal?

1. Beckham, Odell NYG WR 244.60 30.575

2. Nelson, Jordy GBP WR 176.20 22.025

3. Bryant, Dez DAL WR 170.50 24.357

4. Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR 169.50 21.188

5. Johnson, Calvin DET WR 165.90 20.738

6. Jones, Julio ATL WR 164.90 23.557

7. Brown, Antonio PIT WR 162.20 23.171

Just for reference Calvin was among the best in the game week 10-17 after their bye once he was totally healed.

• Like 1

The ODB owner is approaching me, not the other way around. I am not going to rationalize his thinking. For me it's close. For a team that is ready to win now Calvin is safer. We aren't sure what the Giants offense will look like this year, and there is always the chance of a sophomore slump. ODB is definitely the better long term prospect. I'm not sure he's the better bet for a team poised to win it all this year.

I have never own a fantasy football team that was not poised to win it all .

The ODB owner is approaching me, not the other way around. I am not going to rationalize his thinking. For me it's close. For a team that is ready to win now Calvin is safer. We aren't sure what the Giants offense will look like this year, and there is always the chance of a sophomore slump. ODB is definitely the better long term prospect. I'm not sure he's the better bet for a team poised to win it all this year.

Poised to win now I would keep Megatron. Playing for the future ODB.

Personally I think OBD will end up like Andre Johnson a really good WR stuck on team that can not take full advantage of his talent. Plus Cruz should be back.

Cruz being back is even better for Beckham . Need someone to help take some of the coverage from Beckham .

Cruz being back is even better for Beckham . Need someone to help take some of the coverage from Beckham .

Or will Beckham take coverage from Cruz? If you just put in enough "hard work", I'm sure you'll be able to determine which it will be for certain..... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Or will Beckham take coverage from Cruz? If you just put in enough "hard work", I'm sure you'll be able to determine which it will be for certain..... :rolleyes:

If Cruz can stay healthy enough to stay on the field .

I see what you did there. Bravo.