Sign in to follow this  
jets24

My boy has made his college choice...

I'm glad your kid got in jets but -holy hell- I really worry. From what I understand, creative writing specifically is singled out as a brutal, brutal field to go into. The competition for jobs is intense.

My thoughts exactly.

We all are... me, you, Ronald Reagan, Barry Goldwater...

I've seen you post your political timeline story here several times, and I'm heading down that same road. Same with your religious story, although much earlier in that process. Maybe I'll skip trying to find an English teaching job at high schools around here and head right to China. :dunno:

I've seen you post your political timeline story here several times, and I'm heading down that same road. Same with your religious story, although much earlier in that process. Maybe I'll skip trying to find an English teaching job at high schools around here and head right to China. :dunno:

If you ever want to come to Chengdu, I'll help you out.

:pointstosky: Thank you sir. I don't mind the naysayers really. The kid is 17 years old. Who the heck knows what the world is going to be like in 4-5 years. Good grief Charlie Brown. All I know is that he's going to likely have an incredible experience at college, something that I wasn't able to do. Pretty cool by the way, the gentleman who runs the department is the one who read all of my sons writings and made the decision to accept him, has written 44 episodes of Law & Order, as well as the "Marine Biologist" episode of Seinfeld! (Run on sentence for sure)

They steal their stuff from real life murders. It's focked up and affects the family of those that lost a loved one (a 9 year old son for example, and still unsolved) and hear about a Law and Order show that exactly mimics it.

They steal their stuff from real life murders. It's focked up and affects the family of those that lost a loved one (a 9 year old son for example, and still unsolved) and hear about a Law and Order show that exactly mimics it.

I know what Kutulu would say to that....

:banana: Who cares? :banana:

"Ripped from the headlines!@#@!" = "we're all out of ideas" :thumbsup:

Also, thanks to GWB .... even PRIVATE student loans are not dischargeable via BK anymore. Only through disability or death. You might be better off paying for it with credit cards.

for those of us who actually DID pay off our school loans, we do thank gwb for not making us pay for everyone else's. your phrasing is indicative of the attitude towards college loans. most live on the borrowed money for 4 years, find out they got a degree that doesn't have any jobs that pay, and hope to declare bankruptcy to get out of them, or just stand at an occupy event and tell us they shouldn't have to pay. that is why there is no privately held lending firms offering college loans. most things that need govt subsidies are losing propositions.

As a matter of fact, if I was accepted to Tisch, and was 18 years old today, I'd go for one semester, work my ass off for straight As, and drop out and just work.

Wait and see what's gonna happen with the economy for a couple years, and then decide if it made financial sense to continue.

There you have it, GF's opinion. Now you can do the opposite.

Tisch school is not like some State College or even an Ivy league School. It is a specialized education that carries a ton of weight. Worth every penny.

There you have it, GF's opinion. Now you can do the opposite.

Tisch school is not like some State College or even an Ivy league School. It is a specialized education that carries a ton of weight. Worth every penny.

Agreed. Thanks man. Pretty focking cool.

Kinda sounds like you are saying Tisch is better than SCPS. I'm gonna hafta go ahead and disagree with you there.

SCPS was the school I was in for my MS ... and it's generally for people who have already had real jobs, but dream about doing something more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo0ynZ2NOJo

P.S. I am really glad I went to Arizona for undergrad .... because the Fighting Violets never make the Big Dance. I don't think they have ever made the NIT, for that matter.

Kinda sounds like you are saying Tisch is better than SCPS. I'm gonna hafta go ahead and disagree with you there.

SCPS was the school I was in for my MS ... and it's generally for people who have already had real jobs, but dream about doing something more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo0ynZ2NOJo

P.S. I am really glad I went to Arizona for undergrad .... because the Fighting Violets never make the Big Dance. I don't think they have ever made the NIT, for that matter.

Not taking your meds today, huh?

Not taking your meds today, huh?

Passing on a good school because they don't make the tournament is the first step in becoming an unemployed 40 something.

Passing on a good school because they don't make the tournament is the first step in becoming an unemployed 40 something.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Not towards you, I was mocking gfiafp.. Been a long day, hope it wasn't taken towards you or your son

Not towards you, I was mocking gfiafp.. Been a long day, hope it wasn't taken towards you or your son

No dude. I got it. I thought it was great. :thumbsup:

So now that your son has officially caught the ghey, does he root for the NYGs or the Patriots? :dunno:

I thought I had given my congrats already, but apparently not... congrats to your son Jets! Going to NYU to study writing, with its reputation and the whole NYC environment, seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. :cheers:

I could think of a thousand practical reasons not to do it, many of which have been mentioned, but fock it, it's his dream and he should go for it.

I thought I had given my congrats already, but apparently not... congrats to your son Jets! Going to NYU to study writing, with its reputation and the whole NYC environment, seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. :cheers:

I could think of a thousand practical reasons not to do it, many of which have been mentioned, but fock it, it's his dream and he should go for it.

:thumbsup: Thanks. He's pursuing his dream for sure.

GFIAFP

:thumbsup: Thanks. He's pursuing his dream for sure.

Don't listen to the haters, he can and will find work with a degree from NYU in pretty much anything. Going there will also open up doors to quality grad programs assuming his grades are high. He can always do law school as well. Congrats to him and you :thumbsup:

Don't listen to the haters, he can and will find work with a degree from NYU in pretty much anything. Going there will also open up doors to quality grad programs assuming his grades are high. He can always do law school as well. Congrats to him and you :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan! :pointstosky: