Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Gladys Knight...Good For Her

Gladys: "“I am here today and on Sunday, Feb. 3 to give the Anthem back its voice, to stand for that historic choice of words," :thumbsup:

I thought she was dead. :dunno:

That's why she's doing it.

Before clicking on the link above, I was only vaguely aware some people were turning the event down, as I saw something about Rihanna doing so quite awhile back.

Good for Gladys for standing up for what she believes in. And good for any performer that chooses to stand up for what they believe in by skipping the event. Considering most that perform at a Super Bowl usually receive a multi-million dollar spike in sales, the ones forgoing millions of dollars easily impress me more than the ones taking the money, but I applaud anyone that stands up for what they believe in, even if it makes them incredibly wealthy to do so.

Considering most that perform at a Super Bowl usually receive a multi-million dollar spike in sales, the ones forgoing millions of dollars easily impress me more than the ones taking the money, but I applaud anyone that stands up for what they believe in, even if it makes them incredibly wealthy to do so.

Im not sure impress is the word youre looking for. Especially when the decision is made based on a false narrative. Why would you say people have turned it down?

Im not sure impress is the word youre looking for. Especially when the decision is made based on a false narrative. Why would you say people have turned it down?

As I said, Im only vaguely aware. I was under the impression that the reason some artists were sacrificing millions of dollars was in a show of support for Kaep. They have the belief that he sacrificed millions by making a stand and this is their small effort at supporting him.

Am I off on that and is it about something else?

As I said, Im only vaguely aware. I was under the impression that the reason some artists were sacrificing millions of dollars was in a show of support for Kaep. They have the belief that he sacrificed millions by making a stand and this is their small effort at supporting him.

Am I off on that and is it about something else?

No, I think youre mostly right on about it being about support for Kaep. Thats just it though...Kaep's stance is largely based on a false narrative. Also, alot of what could be construed as anti-American(like turning down the anthem) is based off the "orange man bad" thought process.

No, I think youre mostly right on about it being about support for Kaep. Thats just it though...Kaep's stance is largely based on a false narrative. Also, alot of what could be construed as anti-American(like turning down the anthem) is based off the "orange man bad" thought process.

Whether or not someone is on the side of an argument I support or not, I respect someone taking a stand that will cost them large sums of money more than someone taking a stand that will earn them large sums of money.

Whether or not someone is on the side of an argument I support or not, I respect someone taking a stand that will cost them large sums of money more than someone taking a stand that will earn them large sums of money.

If they have a legit argument, yes. If your stance is based on emotion, then no, I dont respect that nor am I impressed. I guess,more than anything, I would feel sorry for you for being a sheep. But, I can see your point. Theres a certain nobility in sacrifice.

If they have a legit argument, yes. If your stance is based on emotion, then no, I dont respect that nor am I impressed. I guess,more than anything, I would feel sorry for you for being a sheep. But, I can see your point. Theres a certain nobility in sacrifice.

I am sure I am way off, but it sounds like you simply dont respect anyone that takes a stand you dont agree with....but like I said, I am sure I am way off.

I am sure I am way off, but it sounds like you simply dont respect anyone that takes a stand you dont agree with....but like I said, I am sure I am way off.

I figured it would devolve to that. At least youre consistent. Good job.

Do you know if Nike is paying Kaepernick?

• Like 1

The question is whether you'd feel the same if the stance was one you DISAGREED with. Would you still "respect" people for turning down millions if the stance they were supporting was the killing of jews in ovens, for example.

If the person in question truly believes in what they are taking a stand for, choosing to follow or simply respect that person's stance based upon whether they make money off of it or not is completely illogical.

If you think someone is a making a stand for something just because of ulterior motives, then that is a completely different thing. Those motives don't always have to be about money either. But if someone does make money off of a stance and believes in the cause as well, why not respect them too?

The question is whether you'd feel the same if the stance was one you DISAGREED with. Would you still "respect" people for turning down millions if the stance they were supporting was the killing of jews in ovens, for example.

Well, while you did a good job of coming up with an offensive example, I am one of those that agreed with Bill Maher (I think it was him ar least) when he said you have to at least admit the 9/11 hijackers were truly dedicated to their cause.

But in general, I hope we can distinguish between respecting a person, their view, and their dedication to a view....I also hope we can differentiate between issues like the anthem, the Mueller investigation, and even abortion vs issues like killing Jews in ovens, burning African Americans at the cross, etc. For example, I dont approve of people comparing Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler.

She's dead to the Hate America First crowd.

:thumbsup: