Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The Trump crew believes that the Bible justifies ripping families apart.

Agreed. When Trump campaigned on the "wall," I thought it was a metaphor for increasing security. In 2018 we have the technology to stop illegals from entering, and it isn't a concrete wall from the Iron Age. :dunno:

Yep. A physical wall may make sense in some areas of the border but there are other means. That's why most people understand that what we really want is a secure border, not the Great Wall of China.

Yep. A physical wall may make sense in some areas of the border but there are other means. That's why most people understand that what we really want is a secure border, not the Great Wall of China.

I always thought that too, at first.

But I really think Trump means an actual Wall. But who knows, he's half the time playing mind games and full of it. Whatever.

Dude,

I've been a contractor on multiple occasions. I got a check every couple weeks or monthly and at the end of the year I got a 1099. Pretty simple. The notion that it can't be done is what's focking idiotic.

Do you know the difference between a contractor and an independent contractor? Seriously.

Either way. I'm sick of this shiit. It's like arguing String Theory with Harambe.

, makes you wonder why every employee in this country doesn't just say hey! 1099 me! I'll cover the taxes. Trust me!

. We can pretty much lay off whole payroll tax departments. ADP would go out of focking business.

God damn. Why didn't the rest of the country think of what you and your oldest bestest buddy know to be the gospel truth!?

God, you guys are geniuses!

I feel just plain stupid now.

Trump wanted to simplify the IRS. Well for fucksake, according to you we can just get rid of them God damn W-2s entirely!

And Hell, if them dirty brownskins don't have to pay taxes, why the f*ck should we?

Man. I ya know I think you stumbled onto something here!

GawdDAMN Man! Next stop? IRS commissioner!

I always assumed he meant a real wall but was just throwing that out there for funsies.

Nope. Don wants a real wall. :doh:

I always thought that too, at first.

But I really think Trump means an actual Wall. But who knows, he's half the time playing mind games and full of it. Whatever.

Trump is prone to hyperbole. But at the end of the day if congress sat down with him and offered real security, in whatever form, I have no doubt he would take it. But we all know that won't happen so the point is moot.

Do you know the difference between a contractor and an independent contractor? Seriously.

Either way. I'm sick of this shiit. It's like arguing String Theory with Harambe.

, makes you wonder why every ###### employee in this country doesn't just say hey! 1099 me! I'll cover the taxes. Trust me!

######. We can pretty much lay off whole payroll tax departments. ADP would go out of focking business.

God damn. Why didn't the rest of the country think of what you and your oldest bestest buddy know to be the gospel truth!?

God, you guys are ###### geniuses!

I feel just plain stupid now.

Trump wanted to simplify the IRS. Well for fucksake, according to you we can just get rid of them God damn W-2s entirely!

And Hell, if them dirty brownskins don't have to pay taxes, why the f*ck should we?

Man. I ya know I think you stumbled onto something here!

GawdDAMN Man! Next stop? IRS commissioner!

Sorry, Ive had the same experience as Strike.

And BTW 1099 employees pay more taxes out of their checks than W2 employees because we pay both sides of FICA.

em·ploy·ee

[emˈploiē, emˌploiˈē]

NOUN

a person employed for wages or salary, especially at nonexecutive level.

I despise this Sessions guy mainly because of his MaryJane stance but this is the way it needs to be:

“To those who wish to challenge the Trump Administration’s commitment to public safety, national security, and the rule of law, I warn you,” Sessions said. “Illegally entering this country will not be rewarded, but will instead be met with the full prosecutorial powers of the Department of Justice.”

Idiots don't understand this. I'd be ok with each one of them being allowed in as long as you people who want all of them allowed in unconditionally, to feed them, house them and pay for their existence here out of your own pocket. How many of you would then say to ship them back to where they came from? 100% of you. You are all talk and absolutely no action when it comes to paying for these people.

Well, for what it's worth, unless you're talking about some guy who shows up in a pickup truck and asked two guys at Home Depot to help him move his washer dryer and slips them each 20 bucks? Most contractors who want to stay in business longer than a fart in the wind storm require that all of their workers and all of their subcontractors workers provide a social security number.

Now, the Dirty Little Secret is 9 of those guys might use the same ###### Social Security card, but that's beside the point for this conversation.

The argument that illegals don't pay taxes and still get all the benefits! Couldn't be any more patently, absurdly wrong. In fact, in most cases, in the majority of cases, it is just the opposite.

These cats, by hook or by crook, come up with ID and SSN that can pass scrutiny. With that, their employer can then process payroll and withhold FICA and State federal and local income taxes.

But, because these IDs are invariably fraudulent, it's not like these guys can show up 20 years later and request their share of Social Security that they paid into. Nor can they apply for an income tax refund every year.

And, they're fine with that. Because they have to be. They get their check cashed at local check cashing place. (For a usurious fee, btw) And then wire the majority of that cash to their families in Central and South America.

so, while it's a fun narrative to say that these guys get all these great government benefits and don't pay a dime for them? The day-to-day functional reality in this country is literally the polar opposite of that.

Do you know how E-Verify is supposed to work? Why do we bother with shiit like this if it doesn't work?

Do the people all using the same SSN also use the same name/address/etc.?

I think Trump wants a real wall....and I don't think the wall is so much about border security so much as he doesn't want to be defeated on something he promised so loudly during his campaign.

And for what it's worth....I'm also in the camp that doesn't care much about a wall. If people really think that is the big key to stopping illegals from coming into the USA, go for it.

This is all about The Swamp changing the narrative and distracting from the IQ report that shows the incredible corruption in our government.

No, this was already a story before that report was a dud for Trump.

“The United States will not be a migrant camp and it will not be a refugee holding facility. It won’t be. You look at what is happening in Europe and other places, we can’t allow it to happen to the United States. Not on my watch,” Trump declared.

“The United States will not be a migrant camp and it will not be a refugee holding facility. It won’t be. You look at what is happening in Europe and other places, we can’t allow it to happen to the United States. Not on my watch,” Trump declared.

Gotta love a guy that doesn't give a about winning votes. That's why he gets the votes. Anyone else sitting in the WH would be crating a statement to garner the most votes regardless of it's effect on the masses. Hillary would not only want them set free and signed up to vote D in elections, she would want all the men invited over to her place to perform an anal gangbang on her with plenty of ATM.

Even Trump backers are speaking out against this. Gonna be a wild scene soon, will literally, I mean literally be just the people at the GC supporting him over this.

Even Trump backers are speaking out against this. Gonna be a wild scene soon, will literally, I mean literally be just the people at the GC supporting him over this.

Just because someone has an ® next to their name doesn't make them a Trump backer. But I'll say the same thing to you as I've said to others. What is the solution? Just let them run free in America to not show up for their deportation hearings? Obummer did this same thing, just not as aggressively. I mean, you are aware that the facilities these kids are being put in aren't new; that they existed before Trump? Right?

• Like 1

Batman could fix this

Batman could fix this

Trump is Batman and he doesn't need either party.

Batman could fix this

This schtick doesnt GOTCHA me at all. I know you are one of those guys thats like a 3/10 on the funny scale but considers himself a 9/10.

I mean, I want to like it, I really do. I want to be alike Ahhh ol Drobs got me again! That rascal! But its just not there. Its like if my game plan was to take a guy who liked apples and respond to every one of his posts, HEY I SMELL APPLES! Its just not good schtick.

No one cared when those kids were in cages while Obama was president. Fact.

Yeah but......... um.........(change subject) Trump tweets offend me.

• Like 1

I don't care who the President is or was.....Obama, Trump whatever.

America is better than this. That's my stance.

Surly we can have tough immigration policies that don't rip families apart and puts children in holding centers. I don't think its to much or crazy to ask.

By doing this are they enforcing the current laws or did they just just make this up all by themselves? I'm just curious.

Surly we can have tough immigration policies that don't rip families apart and puts children in holding centers. I don't think its to much or crazy to ask.

"Rip". Lol.

By doing this are they enforcing the current laws or did they just just make this up all by themselves? I'm just curious.

The Trump administration has introduced a "zero-tolerance" policy calling for the prosecution of all individuals who illegally enter the United States.

This policy has the effect of separating parents from their children when they enter the country together, because parents are referred for prosecution and the children are placed in the custody of a sponsor, such as a relative or foster home, or held in a shelter.

More than 650 children were separated from their parents during a two-week period in May as a result of the new approach being implemented.

As the Trump administration argues, referring immigrants for prosecution is not new policy. But prior administrations did not enforce the practice the way Trump has.

Before Trump came into office, families were detained together, sent back immediately or paroled into the country, said Peter Margulies, an immigration law and national security law professor at Roger Williams University School of Law. Now, prosecution is happening across the board and has become the uniform policy.

"The policy has ramped up substantially with the new administration," Margulies said. "Making that a staple of immigration policy is a new feature."

Yea that’s why the entire country is opposed to this including fellow Republicans, Trumps family etc. It’s all one big conspiracy against him even from his own supporters.

Hey since Jeff Sessions is using the bible to support the laws...would it be okay for me to use this as a defense in court?

If anyone, even your own family, suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

:dunno:

Yea thats why the entire country is opposed to this including fellow Republicans, Trumps family etc. Its all one big conspiracy against him even from his own supporters.

The way it's presented is that those of us on the right want to seperate (not "rip") these families. No one wants to do that. But poorly constructed laws and policy don't leave much choice in order to combat the obvious gaming of the system by the illegals. Take it up with the parents of these kids who are well aware that they will be forced to place their kids in custody. They know it's thier ticket actually, and they are playing the game.

The way it's presented is that those of us on the right want to seperate (not "rip") these families. No one wants to do that. But poorly constructed laws and policy don't leave much choice in order to combat the obvious gaming of the system by the illegals. Take it up with the parents of these kids who are well aware that they will be forced to place their kids in custody. They know it's thier ticket actually, and they are playing the game.

I can def see that. It’s a rock and hard place kind of situation. At least the kids aren’t being treated that badly, some people are making it out like they are being tortured or burned alive. I don’t know how it ends but something has to give.

I can def see that. It’s a rock and hard place kind of situation. At least the kids aren’t being treated that badly, some people are making it out like they are being tortured or burned alive. I don’t know how it ends but something has to give.

Those kids have it so easy...when I was an illegal immigrant kid, nobody gave me my own chain link cage, I had to bring the fence with me and make my own cage.

Before Trump came into office, families were detained together, sent back immediately or paroled into the country, said Peter Margulies, an immigration law and national security law professor at Roger Williams University School of Law. Now, prosecution is happening across the board and has become the uniform policy.

I would like to formally submit the bolded. Be tougher by not paroling them in the U.S. anymore.

I agree with this 1000%. So how many times have you written to your congresspeople asking them to do this? Because they're the ones in charge of these "laws" you speak of. And Trump is simply enforcing the ones currently on the books.

I agree with this 1000%.

This is all you needed to say, the rest is fluff and irrelevant. Congress sure, but the president is the face of the government and thus gets the flak or praise.

So if their parents break the law, we are expected to not punish them if that involves separating them from their children?

What would we do if they robbed a bank? Once again, just curious and trying to wrap my mind around the outrage.

This is all you needed to say, the rest is fluff and irrelevant. Congress sure, but the president is the face of the government and thus gets the flak or praise.

I guess, if you don't actually want to solve the problem but just whine about "the children."

So if their parents break the law, we are expected to not punish them if that involves separating them from their children?

What would we do if they robbed a bank? Once again, just curious and trying to wrap my mind around the outrage.

It's also Trump's fault when a crack gets sent to prison and her children go to foster care.

Personally, I'm not outraged. For me, like most political things its a topic of discussion.

Obviously you can understand there are degrees to law breaking. Jaywalking to serial killer and all in between.

In the past if a family was caught crossing the border illegally, the family was detained and either shipped back or paroled into the country. Crossing the border illegally isn't the same as robbing a bank, raping or killing someone.

We can be tough on immigration while keeping our compassion, the two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

ETA: It's obvious Trump is using this new zero tolerance method as a ploy to get his way in negotiation. Which is smart from a theoretical point of view. I and most of America think he's crossed the line this time though. Screwing around with kids lives to score political points is not cool. It's crossing a moral line. Sorry. We can be better.

I guess, if you don't actually want to solve the problem but just whine about "the children."

Well yea, I dont want to actively solve the problem. It isnt my problem and I have my own. Its not my place to solve the countries problems and I wouldnt even know how to begin if it was.

People want the illegals to be in the posistion of dictating our policy by their actions, not the other way around. Wrong.

We can be tough on immigration while keeping our compassion, the two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

No one disagrees with this, except that we HAVEN'T been tough on illegal immigration and it's going on 40 years. At some point, especially when we start actually seeing the impact of large scale illegal immigration for a sustained period of time, people say ENOUGH. So, either get tough on immigration as you're suggesting or this is what may happen. Seems simple to me.

Well yea, I dont want to actively solve the problem. It isnt my problem and I have my own. Its not my place to solve the countries problems and I wouldnt even know how to begin if it was.

You know that flies in the face of 70 years of American Foreign policy.

No one disagrees with this, except that we HAVEN'T been tough on illegal immigration and it's going on 40 years. At some point, especially when we start actually seeing the impact of large scale illegal immigration for a sustained period of time, people say ENOUGH. So, either get tough on immigration as you're suggesting or this is what may happen. Seems simple to me.

You do have to break eggs to make omelettes. I just don’t know what will be accepted by the people. The whole regime looks like it’s teetering on impeachment from this, so enjoy I guess. Maybe I’m wrong, I just see nationwide outrage including the repubs and that cant be good.