Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Where does Jay Cutler sign? and how much money does he get?

Yes I do.

Savage is not much and we know that.

I really do think he's worth a shot.

Love your statement about either one of them getting O'Brien fired.

Yes I do.

Savage is not much and we know that.

I really do think he's worth a shot.

Love your statement about either one of them getting O'Brien fired.

Idk if we know that. He hasn't had much game time to show us anything. We know Kaep isn't going to help all that much so I think at the least letting Savage try to start the season is probably a cheaper option with at worst the same results Kaep would bring.

I don't agree that you would get the same results, but I can't say it wouldn't be either. I think that's a shot in the dark.

I don't know that would be for sure the case.

At least I know that Kaep has proved that he can indeed be a starting Qb, we've seen him do so.

I think he's the better option.

You really think Kaep is worth a shot? If Brock is getting O'brien fired, so is Kaep. I would just roll with Savage and hope for the best.

I think his point is that Romo Cannot stay healthy and any young, healthy QB capable of starting is a better option.

I agree with this opinion in the sense that, Romos skill does not matter if he's off the field hurt. I'd be seriously surprised if he got to play in more than half the games. The guy is so fragile he's really only suited to being a backup now. As a backup, he can step in and play a couple of games if the starter is hurt. That's what you want in a backup.

He does not have the durability to be a true starter anymore. Skill yes. plenty of it. But that guy's body just cant take the pounding anymore.

he got hurt playing behind one of the best lines in the NFL multiple times in 2 years. Now Imagine if he plays behind a weaker line or a leaky line? I'm not buying it.

I think his point is that Romo Cannot stay healthy and any young, healthy QB capable of starting is a better option.

I agree with this opinion in the sense that, Romos skill does not matter if he's off the field hurt. I'd be seriously surprised if he got to play in more than half the games. The guy is so fragile he's really only suited to being a backup now. As a backup, he can step in and play a couple of games if the starter is hurt. That's what you want in a backup.

He does not have the durability to be a true starter anymore. Skill yes. plenty of it. But that guy's body just cant take the pounding anymore.

he got hurt playing behind one of the best lines in the NFL multiple times in 2 years. Now Imagine if he plays behind a weaker line or a leaky line? I'm not buying it.

I wasn't even considering Romo. I haven't seen anything that tells me Kaep has any starting qb ability. Josh Freeman had one good year, it happens. Kaeps inaccuracy is inexcusable imo. There just is no fixing that at this point.

Kaep had a pretty good season based on his numbers, and his number one Wr was the great J Kerley.

He cmp 60% of his passes and if you avg out his number they would look like this.

60% cmp 3586 yards 25tds 6 ints 748 rushing yards and 3 rushing tds.

He started 11 games but in one game he left the game very early after only 4 pass att.

But when you look at his ppg avg in ff he ranked 11.

If I'm the Texans and you own a very good defense with your best def player coming back and with L Miller at Rb and Hopkins at Wr I'm going to take a shot for Kaep.

Do I think they wll no. I think they might get a little shy after spending so much darn money Osweiller.

But Kaep would be my choice.

Kaep does NOT get a starting job. He is going to have to settle for a backup role.

Kaep does NOT get a starting job. He is going to have to settle for a backup role.

in Canada

in Canada

where he is more than welcome to protest the Canadian National Anthem.

All they do there is pelt you with cookies and milk.

Interesting prediction. I was thinking he was done but that might be a good fit.

By the way, too bad the season ended the way it did for the Raiders. The AFC play-offs would have been more interesting with a healthy Raiders team.

Appreciate the props, and yes a healthy Raiders team may have done some damage. Before Carr went down with the finger injury in the Carolina game they were playing as well as any team in the league. It's a young team, and when Carr dislocated the finger it was a straight shot to the chin.

Hey that Houston team is for real with any kind of competent NFL-caliber QB play. We saw them twice last year, I was 26 rows up behind the Raiders bench for the playoff game. That team is stacked.

They've got some key FAs to sign, but I'd bring a QB in and eat that $17 million.

In an era where there is a serious shortage of QB's and no top QB's coming from college this year, he will get another shot.

It will likely just a 1 year deal or 2 year deal with any guaranteed monies to be in year 1 so they can cut his azz in year 2 if they need to.

but he will play somewhere.

In an era where there is a serious shortage of QB's and no top QB's coming from college this year, he will get another shot.

It will likely just a 1 year deal or 2 year deal with any guaranteed monies to be in year 1 so they can cut his azz in year 2 if they need to.

but he will play somewhere.

• These are the Qbs available this offseason. Of them ALL Kaep is the LAST one I would take.
  • Colin Kaepernick, 49ers.
  • Tony Romo, Cowboys.
  • Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins.
  • Jay Cutler, Bears.
  • Brock Osweiler, Texans.
  • Carson Palmer, Cardinals.
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jets.
  • Jimmy Garoppolo, Patriots

He's the first one I would take based on that list.

He's the first one I would take based on that list.

Hahahahahaaha that is amusing. I will say it again. With those guys on the market. Kaep is not offered a starting job.

I say you taking him last based on that list isn't even funny, it's sad.

• These are the Qbs available this offseason. Of them ALL Kaep is the LAST one I would take.
  • Tony Romo, Cowboys.
  • Jay Cutler, Bears.

that is fine, but most of these teams releasing their QB also need a QB.

San Fran needs a QB.

The Dolphins will need one if they dont resign tannehill.

I would agrue the bears need one (rumoured to be Osweiler)

The Texans definitely need one.

The Cards need one if Palmer does not resign (although I suspect he will)

I believe the Jets need one but some would argue they dont.

in addition,

Many would argue that The browns need one too.

these are only the obvious landing spots, and I did no research and there are probably one or two other landing spots not mentioned here.

My bottom line is this:

so long as any of these QB's are not on the bottom of this list, there is a reasonable chance that they will play somewhere.

With Romo, if a team signs him, they may actually sign someone else on this list in case he gets hurt. (at least, that is what they SHOULD do)

I also think a large part of the decision will be based on how much money the QB is wanting. I think the lower the asking price, the more likely he will be signed.

• Like 1

I thought Palmer returning to Zona was a done deal ?

I thought Palmer returning to Zona was a done deal ?

It is (more or less) but some are still questioning it.

• Tony Romo, Cowboys.
  • Jay Cutler, Bears.

How is Osweiler available?

How is Osweiler available?

The rumour is that he is gonna get cut, but I think he still has a large portion of his contract guaranteed so that doesnt make a ton of sense.

I also hear the Bears are inquiring because their OC or QB coach (I forget which) used to coach him at one time. so a deal may be possible there if Houston is willing to eat some of the contract.

if you google search osweiler & Bears, an article comes up about the speculation. Houston's ownership seems adamant that they need a better QB so he likely is on the way out or will become a high priced backup.

The rumour is that he is gonna get cut, but I think he still has a large portion of his contract guaranteed so that doesnt make a ton of sense.

There is no way HOU can cut Oswieler, least not this year... He would be a $25m cap hit if he were cut this year - but, they can cut him next year for a measly $6m hit... I'm not sure about any post June 1st cut designations, maybe they could actually cut this year post-June 1 and break it up, but I'm not sure.

I can see him as a good back up for the Steelers.

Reports are saying Romo is willing to rework his current deal in order to facilitate a move... I still don't see how he's not just flat out released - teams aren't going to shell out for what they know Jerry has to dump.

Reports are saying Romo is willing to rework his current deal in order to facilitate a move... I still don't see how he's not just flat out released - teams aren't going to shell out for what they know Jerry has to dump.

yeah, but sometimes there is something to be gained if the player is wiling to rework the contract and if the asking price from Dallas isnt exceptionally high.

Sometimes things get crazy when teams are bidding on the open market. This option allows a team to control the situation and for some teams that are cash strapped that is highly desireable.

when you consider the number of QB needy teams out there, I'd say the odds of a crazy bidding war may be higher than you think.

this could also be good for Romo as he can more or less choose where he gets to go.

this may also be good for the Cowboys cuz Jerry Jones can save a certain amount of face with the fans and say he treated Romo with respect on the way out.

That being said, it will be interesting to watch and see how this situation develops.

I personally wouldnt pay for him because I dont think he can stay healthy, but some teams may feel differently if he passes a physical.

yeah, but sometimes there is something to be gained if the player is wiling to rework the contract and if the asking price from Dallas isnt exceptionally high.

Sometimes things get crazy when teams are bidding on the open market. This option allows a team to control the situation and for some teams that are cash strapped that is highly desireable.

when you consider the number of QB needy teams out there, I'd say the odds of a crazy bidding war may be higher than you think.

this could also be good for Romo as he can more or less choose where he gets to go.

this may also be good for the Cowboys cuz Jerry Jones can save a certain amount of face with the fans and say he treated Romo with respect on the way out.

That being said, it will be interesting to watch and see how this situation develops.

I personally wouldnt pay for him because I dont think he can stay healthy, but some teams may feel differently if he passes a physical.

True.

But then again, the open bidding market philosophy only works when there are teams openly willing to bid for him.. Everyone keeps talking like that line wraps around the building to bid on Romo - which is not the case at all. Very few teams are interested in #9. And maybe even more importantly, Romo is only interested in very few teams himself - maybe even less than are interested in him.. Chicago, NYJ, Buffalo - they can be interested all they want, Romo is not going there. And Jerry is not going to hang him out to dry.. Which is a major fault of Jerry - he governs with his heart way more than his head... Think Belichick would give a shiit if the player didn't want to go to a certain team or not? Hell no - he's proven he'll send a legitimate starter to Cleveland if it means he'll make his team better.

Romo saying he'd be willing to rework his deal is posturing on his part. Houston nor Denver has any reason to give up anything in trade.. They have Jerry over a barrel and they know it, Jerry knows it.

ok, this may seem stupid, but looking at this from a cap perspective, it makes some sense.

Dallas is stuck with a large contract for Romo. Base salary 14 M. Cap hit of 24.7 M and dead value of 19.6M if they release him.

one article I read suggests Chicago is reportedly interested.

Depending on how much Romo restructures, they could (in theory) trade him for Jay Cutler and a draft pick.

why Cutler? because there is only 2M in dead money if they release him outright.

so if Chicago actually wants Romo, this is an acceptable deal for them because they get their QB.

This should be acceptable to Dallas because they unload a whole lot of contract, and can dump cutler for a fraction of what it would cost them to dump Romo. So if they get Cutler and a 4th they should take the deal and run. They may still have to eat some of Romos restructured salary, but it wont be as bad if they get a Jay Cutler in return.

Whether they keep Cutler (or not) is not of any consequence. they have saved a pile of cash.

and if Cutler is willing to restructure to be a backup QB, dallas can restructure his contract and dump him if hes not working out. (minimal risk to the Cowboys)

Romo may be interested in playing in Chicago because he played his college ball in the area(Eastern Illinois). it would be like returning home.

a lot of pieces fit here. If a trade actually happens, this may be one of the more likely scenarios.

Right now I'd say Jets and Bills are Cutler's best bet for a starter gig. Maybe Texans if they can't get Romo. Dark horse? The fins.

I'm going to stick with my first response to the Cutler issue, I still see him going to the Jets.

I don't see his big head being able to handle being a back up Qb.

I'm going to stick with my first response to the Cutler issue, I still see him going to the Jets.

I don't see his big head being able to handle being a back up Qb.

You may be right. but at this point he is under contract, so if the cowboys trade Romo for him, he wont have a whole lot of choice.

and maybe the cowboys trade for him and then promptly release him and take the small cap hit for the small percentage of the contract that is guaranteed.

Like I said, The Cowboys dont need to keep Cutler for this deal to work for them.

he could still end up in New York in the end.