Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Super Bowl 51 - New England vs. Atlanta: In-Game Discussion

Keep taking your time NE, you might be able to complete the comeback next year sometime! lol Then a FG kind of kills any more square hopes.

Andy Reid is totally fine with how the Pats are pacing things. Aka they're toast when Atlanta scores again.

Worst play calling ever. Second down, in field goal range and instead of running the ball a sack for a huge loss.

Just effing stupid.

• Like 1

Kyle was amazing all night then got silly/cute with a field goal in his hands. And Ice didn't audible out of it.

So I was right after all - NE wins, Atlanta loses. Yawn. Thank god this season is over. Just awful. Atlanta handed them the game. But what did you expect from a crappy Atlanta team that had no business being there?

Like Lebron James correctly said after The Heat loss - "Everyone can just go back to their same problems and lives".

Whatever. See ya next year. Maybe. :)

Greatest comeback or worst coaching turtle job in history?

I'd say worst coaching job in history, the lack of Atlanta running the ball, and the clock, was stunning.

Way more bad coaching. What a joke. It seems scripted to get ratings. WWF style. Whatever. Does anyone really care or is anyone really affected by this? No. Later dudes. Atlanta handed them the game, 100%.

Wow. Just...wow.

What an amazing game and magnificent finale for Tom Brady's FU Tour!!

:first:

What a great insight into the ultimate outcome of the game.

Did you have any insight prior to the "ultimate outcome" dipshit? You were obviously thinking the same thing, but were too much of a salley to say anything, then you come on here and chime in when it's over, what a clown.

I know Tom wants to keep going, but if there's a time to take it to the house...

Eff the Falcons. Forever. Leaving the money on the table like that is unforgivable.

Did you have any insight prior to the "ultimate outcome" dipshit? You were obviously thinking the same thing, but were too much of a salley to say anything, then you come on here and chime in when it's over, what a clown.

No, was away from a computer or the internet watching the game too busy being a clown and a dipshit. Learned a while ago not to rule out that dammed Brady and Belichick.

• Like 1

Well, I guess that's what you get when your OC had already taken the SF job prior to the game, that's just stupid.

Wow what a great come back.

But not the greatest Super Bowl ever.

With 17 min to go in the game the score was 28-3.

It's without question the greatest come back in Super Bowl history, but not the best Super Bowl ever.

Congrats to the Patriots and to the Patriots fans, and to those of you who won money tonite.

Can't put this on shanny imo, Matt cannot take that sack, then the holding call. They kick the fg there n its game over.

• Like 1

Everyone is talking about the call when they were up 28-20 and on the Pats 20 or so. That was bad and cost them the game.

Equally as bad though, the possession before they had a 3rd and 1 up 16 with like 7-8 min left. They call a play with an empty set, 5 WR. They rush and force the fumble and a gift to get them back into position to win.

If Atlanta had just run the ball instead of passing it and not gotten the first down, punted, they would have won.

I thought I would never see as bad a play call as Pete Carroll did against them two years ago. That was just one play. This was an entire 4th quarter!

A agree with you polecatt.

Great post.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Big time SB hang over next year? Shanahan leaving too. Carolina defense is probably better. Tampas defense is legit. They don't have to worry about the Saints though because Sean Peyton is a bad coach, and their defense is very poor.

• Like 1

Look at what happen to the Panthers.

I think this Super Bowl hang over would be the biggest one ever.

Your up 25 points with 17 min left in the game.

One fg wins it.

This game will be extremely tough for the Falcons to get over.

And my self also , darn I had to toss away a few tickets , that I thought for sure where winners when the fourth qtr started.

Hah! This was the NFL's reaction when it tweeted out a picture of Edelman's Catch:

NFL Verified account @NFL

sdflka;sdjf;kzjdfc;alksejf;lkasdjf;lkasjdf;lkjasdf;lkjasdlfk;cjasd;lkfjaslkdf #SB51

One description in that thread aimed for a bit more clarity :

"It's like catching a fly with chopsticks. Twice. In one second. While being physically assaulted."

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/828438013046726657/photo/1

:D

Kyle Shanahan sold that game to the Patriots at half time. His failure to make anything but bad adjustments just demonstrates how he will fail as a head coach. This was totally on him. They had the running game working and he barely used it or the clock in the second half with a 25 point lead. Another loss by a New England opponent as opposed to a Patriots victory.

Also, when are they going to change OT? The fact that both teams don't get a shot at the ball in OT is absolutely stupid and another huge NFL fail! I would have said that had Atlanta won the toss and driven for a TD, just to be clear.

• Like 1

Can't put this on shanny imo, Matt cannot take that sack, then the holding call. They kick the fg there n its game over.

That sack was terrible. But the refs missed the face mask on that holding call too. I think it should've been offsetting penalties, and the play done over.

Definitely a bad sack though. Tried to get too cute with the play calling. Just like the Seattle game, RUN THE BALL! When it's time to run the ball. It doesn't matter if the other team is expecting it. RUN THE BALL!

Yes! Run the ball. Come out heavy. Look those dudes in the face. Run the ball. Get a yard. Win the game. I cannot wait to see the pivotal Atlanta offensive plays broken down by some competent person. Cosell ideally.

I deeply want to believe that Mack's injury influenced things but it could totally just be Shanny getting cute and Matthew Ice not having the sack/authority to say 'eff that, audible...we're running'.

There's also this mystique about the Pats run d in short yardage. I've read and heard sprinkled bits about them being amazing at filling all gaps in those short yardage situations. Teams know this so they counter by coming out in a finesse set. But when New England stays lined up to kill all running lanes, the opposing qb is screwed and has to roll with the pass play.

Eff all of that. Come out heavy. Come out obvious. Come out for real. Run. Get a yard.

That was the most gift-wrapped victory in the history of sports. Feels fake. No way thats legit. Oh well. You can only laugh at this point. Hilarious. :thumbsup:

Gotta give the Pats credit though.... they have made a career out of not winning games but winning them anyways. Hard to top that. Better to be lucky than good, as they say. Hey, it works! Im sure they'l win next year too. Awesome. :)

Wrong. Take two knees, get a shiort FG attempt and likely win a SuperBowl. It was the worst play calling I've seen.

• Like 1

Are you kidding? Absolutely you can hang it on him - Quinn too.

You have the ball on NE's 22 freaking yard line - you have 4 minutes and some change to burn - you have a golden opportunity to burn clock, make NE burn TOs and go up 2 scores - the ONLY chance NE has is if ATL turns it over or takes a sack and stops the clock..... And miraculously - they did just that very thing... Biggest coaching blunder/chock job in history.

Are you kidding? Absolutely you can hang it on him - Quinn too.

You have the ball on NE's 22 freaking yard line - you have 4 minutes and some change to burn - you have a golden opportunity to burn clock, make NE burn TOs and go up 2 scores - the ONLY chance NE has is if ATL turns it over or takes a sack and stops the clock..... And miraculously - they did just that very thing... Biggest coaching blunder/chock job in history.

This. They could have focking kneeled down and still won this game. Easily the worst choke ever. NE Needs to thank the lord for this one. This was 100% on Atlanta.

I had 0 - 8. That missed extra point screwed me!

Lol me too!! $300 down the drain! Sad thing is, right before he kicked it I said he's been missing XPs all year....but I didn't think he would do it in the SB

Atlanta is a dominant team apparantly this is the first game you have watched them.

HTH

LOL. Who is this toolbag? Running his mouth...only to have Brady, the rest of the Patriots and the Patriots fans stuff it full of "STFU" !!!

How did...uhhh...your sh!t talking work out for ya?

:lol:

LOL. Who is this toolbag? Running his mouth...only to have Brady, the rest of the Patriots and the Patriots fans stuff it full of "STFU" !!!

How did...uhhh...your sh!t talking work out for ya?

:lol:

He's a Packers fan. He's mad that the Falcons replaced Quinn with Mike Mcarthy at half time last night

• Like 1