Sign in to follow this  
murf74

I'm not going to the White House

Too cold for DC trip right now.

Think any of these moron Patriot players even voted?

Your preoccupation with the Pats is unhealthy.

Take a deep breath. Admit you were beaten by a better team and look forward to next year, like the rest of us.

• Like 1

Your preoccupation with the Pats is unhealthy.

Take a deep breath. Admit you were beaten by a better team and look forward to next year, like the rest of us.

Not sure I ever even came close to claiming Steelers are in Pats league. They aren't until they get a real coaching staff. You assume I am a blind fan Nope lots of warts on this team.

But back to my claim. Bet they didn't vote.

That is a helluva baseless assertion to make. :thumbsdown:

Hear about them a lot, singers ,actors, and krapadick, just got to let them talk long enough.

I've never received an invitation to the White House.

And i vote.

That is a helluva baseless assertion to make. :thumbsdown:

Based on other athletes who protested the anthem them found out they didn't vote.

Based on other athletes who protested the anthem them found out they didn't vote.

And every single one of the "conservative" leaning NFL players voted, I'm assuming?

• Like 1

You put your politics aside and respect the office - you go to the WH..... If nothing else, you get to see Melania. :wub:

If someone whom a player doesn't respect or feel represents them sits in the WH and they choose not to go as a protest I'm fine with them doing so. Just as you are fine to judge them (or not) as you see fit. I doubt any pro athlete gives very much of af about your judgement.

I think people should be fined for not voting though; it's your duty as an American imo. People not voting is a large part of the problems that have developed here over the past 2 decades.

Too cold for DC trip right now.

Think any of these moron Patriot players even voted?

*gasp* Surely you are not implying that Tom Brady, the GOAT, did not vote when he abstained from visiting the White House with his team in 2015? Say it isn't so!

You put your politics aside and respect the office - you go to the WH..... If nothing else, you get to see Melania. :wub:

If you want to see Melania, don't go to DC. She's holing up in the Trump Tower, miserable and lonely. She doesn't like cowboys, though.

I think people should be fined for not voting though; it's your duty as an American imo. People not voting is a large part of the problems that have developed here over the past 2 decades.

Voting involves getting off your arse & waiting in line 20 minutes...something a lot of America is too lazy to do once every 1,461 days.

Voting involves getting off your arse & waiting in line 20 minutes...something a lot of America is too lazy to do once every 1,461 days.

Except for places like Arizona which had way too few voting places. Some people waited upward of 6 hours from what I read.

Oh and can someone to the white house and convince them to take action against mfl for never coming close to hitting their maintenance deadline.

Except for places like Arizona which had way too few voting places. Some people waited upward of 6 hours from what I read.

I was going by my past experiences in North Carolina. I've never waited longer than 15 minutes, even on Election Day.

If someone whom a player doesn't respect or feel represents them sits in the WH and they choose not to go as a protest I'm fine with them doing so. Just as you are fine to judge them (or not) as you see fit. I doubt any pro athlete gives very much of af about your judgement.

If a person is fine judging another, does that work with all people?

1 more grasshopper, if the world was the same as you, wouldn't it be boring?

Okay 1 for the road, God must love Texas for saying there women aren't for sale to sports for not giving in to transgender rest rooms.

Yeah I think about 15 to 20 min is about the avg wait time that I've ever been involved in.

If a person is fine judging another, does that work with all people?

1 more grasshopper, if the world was the same as you, wouldn't it be boring?

Okay 1 for the road, God must love Texas for saying there women aren't for sale to sports for not giving in to transgender rest rooms.

umm... what? be more constructive with your feedback.

umm... what? be more constructive with your feedback.

You stated its okay for someone to judge another, what world can a trump supporter judge the liberals like they do the right? Trump was 1 of the biggest reasons Monday Night Football had low ratings during his campaign run. Even ESPN has gone liberal to the point its hardly watchable. Thank god theres a few of us old school people around to not allow LeBron James and kneeling sports figures to destroy what purity is left in sports with unrelated politics to there craft.

You stated its okay for someone to judge another, what world can a trump supporter judge the liberals like they do the right? Trump was 1 of the biggest reasons Monday Night Football had low ratings during his campaign run. Even ESPN has gone liberal to the point its hardly watchable. Thank god theres a few of us old school people around to not allow LeBron James and kneeling sports figures to destroy what purity is left in sports with unrelated politics to there craft.

Agree, Awards show were terrible already but they are unwatchable now. Who the heck cares what celebraties think about politics?

"what world can a trump supporter judge the liberals like they do the right?"

The one you're living in right now.

Trump was the reason MNF had low ratings?

Perhaps that's because the NFL is not putting out a solid product, or it could be the incredible sh!tstorm that is any gathering of Trump and his supporters.

"Thank god theres a few of us old school people around to not allow LeBron James and kneeling sports figures to destroy what purity is left in sports with unrelated politics to there craft"

Besides sounding like weepaws what exactly are you implying here? Are you really saying that you and those like you are the only thing holding back the political hordes from invading your pure sports?

You say you're old school. If so surely you remember political protests by the likes of Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Bill Russell? Was that ok back in the day or did you hate them too?

A long time before Kaep there were sports stars raising awareness to various topics and causes - most of them valid and worthy imo.

That you have judged the recent protests as "destroying the purity of your sports" would seem to indicate you're advocating the silencing of any and all protest, which would be quite un American of you.

That said, you're free to your opinion and I thank you for elaborating.

• Like 1

Gods names should always be in capitals.

Agree that politics have been a part of sports for a long time.

I don't have any problem with some one showing and or preaching about what they believe in.

Kaep and the others that took a knee during the anthem wasn't a big deal to me, it's their fight not mind.

If you want to share your belief or faith or just the way you live in the view of the pubic, I say more power to you.

Thank you God for free will.

And every single one of the "conservative" leaning NFL players voted, I'm assuming?

Yes. A good assumption. We are on same page.

"what world can a trump supporter judge the liberals like they do the right?"

The one you're living in right now.

Trump was the reason MNF had low ratings?

Perhaps that's because the NFL is not putting out a solid product, or it could be the incredible sh!tstorm that is any gathering of Trump and his supporters.

"Thank god theres a few of us old school people around to not allow LeBron James and kneeling sports figures to destroy what purity is left in sports with unrelated politics to there craft"

Besides sounding like weepaws what exactly are you implying here? Are you really saying that you and those like you are the only thing holding back the political hordes from invading your pure sports?

You say you're old school. If so surely you remember political protests by the likes of Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Bill Russell? Was that ok back in the day or did you hate them too?

A long time before Kaep there were sports stars raising awareness to various topics and causes - most of them valid and worthy imo.

That you have judged the recent protests as "destroying the purity of your sports" would seem to indicate you're advocating the silencing of any and all protest, which would be quite un American of you.

That said, you're free to your opinion and I thank you for elaborating.

ive been following the political spectrum daily for 2 years and wont even respond to your rhetoric. But I will point out that you have no clue what people thought of ali and jabaar. Espn is like cnn, they only tell what they want you to know. Ill give you a hint, planned protests in different countries by the left will cause a war, and whats the lefts response? Well Nancy peloski hinted she might be a muslim, and celsie Clinton is protesting chanting ali Akbar. Go find your safe place

ive been following the political spectrum daily for 2 years and wont even respond to your rhetoric. But I will point out that you have no clue what people thought of ali and jabaar. Espn is like cnn, they only tell what they want you to know. Ill give you a hint, planned protests in different countries by the left will cause a war, and whats the lefts response? Well Nancy peloski hinted she might be a muslim, and celsie Clinton is protesting chanting ali Akbar. Go find your safe place

You say "you're not going to respond to my rhetoric" but then you'll insist that I have no idea of how Ali and Jabbar's protests divided our country while conveniently avoiding answering the legit questions I asked.

Then you'll wax conspiracy theorist on the media and some democrats and instruct me to "find a safe space".

Is it warm and cozy in your bubble where everyone you watch and listen to agrees with your opinions that Bannon has spoon fed you?

Next you'll be ranting about Soros and spirit cooking and calling me snowflake. :eye roll:

• Like 1

Oh ffs.

How's about worrying a little less about the 'purity' of the sport - and a bit more about the 'purity' of this football forum?

<<======== The Geek Club is thataway. <<========

• Like 2

You say "you're not going to respond to my rhetoric" but then you'll insist that I have no idea of how Ali and Jabbar's protests divided our country while conveniently avoiding answering the legit questions I asked.

Then you'll wax conspiracy theorist on the media and some democrats and instruct me to "find a safe space".

Is it warm and cozy in your bubble where everyone you watch and listen to agrees with your opinions that Bannon has spoon fed you?

Next you'll be ranting about Soros and spirit cooking and calling me snowflake. :eye roll:

Boom...roasted! :) :thumbsup:

I'd like to know if players weren't going to the White House had Hillary won.

or even if a different Republican like Kasich or Cruz had been the nominee and won.

Oriole this was going to hapen whoever the republican was in office, and would not of happen if a dem like Hillary was pres.

Boom...roasted! :) :thumbsup:

Not at all, Bannon only repeats what Trump has said for 2 years in speeches. As far as watching who agrees with me, I didn't know any of the networks starting out. I was always told there bias and 1 was the fairest. I gave them all lots of chances and saw first hand how they leave out half a sentence or outright lie. They actually look pretty stupid when they report something like Donald Trump is against guns when he boasted the NRA was first to get behind a candidate so early. People were watching the speeches and they all were basically the same, to many people decided theres a difference between politics and a whitewash. Was the Democrats that crossed the aisle tired of the media and criminals destroying the country. Oh by the way, indivisible is teamed up with Obama with written instructions on how to protest these town halls so you all will remain uninformed. Go sign-up they give you a 6 week training course and I would be glad if you had a job.

Oriole this was going to hapen whoever the republican was in office, and would not of happen if a dem like Hillary was pres.

Not at all, Bannon only repeats what Trump has said for 2 years in speeches. As far as watching who agrees with me, I didn't know any of the networks starting out. I was always told there bias and 1 was the fairest. I gave them all lots of chances and saw first hand how they leave out half a sentence or outright lie. They actually look pretty stupid when they report something like Donald Trump is against guns when he boasted the NRA was first to get behind a candidate so early. People were watching the speeches and they all were basically the same, to many people decided theres a difference between politics and a whitewash. Was the Democrats that crossed the aisle tired of the media and criminals destroying the country. Oh by the way, indivisible is teamed up with Obama with written instructions on how to protest these town halls so you all will remain uninformed. Go sign-up they give you a 6 week training course and I would be glad if you had a job.

I do agree; just wanted to ask the question though.

my "issue" is around the "doesn't represent them," part of the argument. no public official is supposed to ever truly represent you as an individual; they're supposed to represent the will of the people. (not going to address the popular vote in this.)

if the candidate that you voted for did not happen to win, then that doesn't mean the system is wrong and that you should not recognize the winner as your president/senator/representative, whatever other office they won for. I'm a Republican and didn't care for Obama, but I always said that he's "my president" and I would have gladly accepted an invite to the White House. And then once the new election cycle started, I did what I could to get my party into the White House.

now Trump on his own can be a polarizing person, and Brady not going previously doesn't help, but just because of their particular party affiliation should not be reason enough to not identify them as "representing you," nor for declining an invite.

they may have the "right" to, but this shouldn't be a rights issue.

• Like 1

I do agree; just wanted to ask the question though.

my "issue" is around the "doesn't represent them," part of the argument. no public official is supposed to ever truly represent you as an individual; they're supposed to represent the will of the people. (not going to address the popular vote in this.)

if the candidate that you voted for did not happen to win, then that doesn't mean the system is wrong and that you should not recognize the winner as your president/senator/representative, whatever other office they won for. I'm a Republican and didn't care for Obama, but I always said that he's "my president" and I would have gladly accepted an invite to the White House. And then once the new election cycle started, I did what I could to get my party into the White House.

now Trump on his own can be a polarizing person, and Brady not going previously doesn't help, but just because of their particular party affiliation should not be reason enough to not identify them as "representing you," nor for declining an invite.

they may have the "right" to, but this shouldn't be a rights issue.

Well said on a lot of this in my opinion. I will point out a lot of what Donald is doing has been Democratic ways that for generations your family stood for.

Guns-Your constitutional right to bear arms.

Immigration-Why not get people out who might rob or bog the economy down with false documents who collect benefits.

Wall-Maybe somebody has parents who been waiting 10 years to come here to live the American dream and illegals are preventing

it.

Jobs-Wouldn't it be gr8 if people had the ability to say no to a 13 dollar an hour job knowing there are others to be had. Jobs that

some hiring agency isn't pocketing 3 dollars of what you make.

Health Care- Obama Care is a disaster and can be used for early retirement for people of wealth. Hit 55 retire and go on Obama

Care till you hit 65 and medi-care. let the young kids that know it all whine some more.

Can you name 1 issue with Donald that your against ? Personally I don't care what a guy said what he thought was off camera, lord knows ive taken a few sharp elbows from my wife, and just as vulgar things with the guys.

Now name me 2 good things Obama has done in 8 years.