Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

****The Official Seattle Seahawks Offseason Thread 2014****

Oh, in case it went under the radar, we cut the Hus kid, the long snapper signed a few months ago.

yeah, and the Rams took him.

obviously trying to steal the signals for fake punts. :mad:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/23/seahawks-waive-garrett-scott-after-discovery-of-heart-condition/

Seahawks waive Garrett Scott after discovery of heart condition

The Seahawks have waived sixth-round pick Garrett Scott after a heart issue was detected during his physical with the club, the club said Friday.

An offensive tackle from Marshall, Scott signed a four-year contract with Seattle on Thursday. He was waived with a non-football illness designation. “After undergoing an extensive physical with our medical staff last week, Garrett’s examination revealed a rare heart condition that will prevent him from any on-field participation in the near future,” Seahawks G.M. John Schneider said in a team-issued statement on Friday. “We think highly of Garrett as a person and as a football player. The team is committed to supporting Garrett in the months to come and will continue to help him determine his next steps.”

Scott did not participate in the club’s rookie minicamp because he hadn’t passed the physical. As Curtis Crabtree of PFT and Sports Radio KJR in Seattle suggested, it’s possible the Seahawks may have done well by Scott by signing him — and potentially even giving him a signing bonus — after apparently knowing he had a health issue. The 22-year-old Scott started 35 games at Marshall from 2010-2013.

First of all, tough break for the kid.

Next, our offensive line continues to deteriorate and I guess I'm the only one screaming about it. Somebody really needs to lock Tom Cable out of the draft room because every offensive lineman we seem to draft turns into a disaster. Training camp hasn't opened up yet and we are hitting at 50%. Yes, I feel partially responsible since I've been yapping my stupid gums about the offensive line and some weird voodoo destroyed this guy's heart. My negative mojo is hurting the team. Justin Britt better start looking over his shoulder more often because he is going to get flattened by a zamboni. The shame of it is that this Scott kid was so lowly rated going into the draft, there was no medical workups done on him like the more highly regarded prospects. So, when you go for the late round reaches, sometimes this happens, when a guy isn't healthy enough to pass the physical. Still, nice move by the Seahawks to sign him and give him insurance for a year and the signing bonus too. Classy.

Disappointed! Seems like they should have known about this. Why reach if they don't know everything about him. Do ur homework!

I liked him more then Britt on film, so now I feel we did NOTHING for our Oline this year.

I really hope Bailey and Bowie take the next step or we could be in some serous trouble here. We should have hit this postion harder.

I'm all for locking Cable out of the draft. They've been screwing up their O-line picks bad. (I assume Cable is doing the picks anyway)

The classy move signing him doesn't bother me though.

We should have pulled a mike ditka and traded our whole draft to move up in rd. 1 and grab the best tackle.

Or traded everything this year, for picks next, or the next 2 years if we didn't want to participate in this years draft.

Even if they didn't want a Tackle that high, and just wanted fliers later on. They could have moved up and at least taken Easley and had MeBannes replacement next year. They had options gallor. And they went with the "we're smarter then everyone else" approach.

That's a sh!tty f'n draft.

Disappointed! Seems like they should have known about this. Why reach if they don't know everything about him. Do ur homework!

I liked him more then Britt on film, so now I feel we did NOTHING for our Oline this year.

I really hope Bailey and Bowie take the next step or we could be in some serous trouble here. We should have hit this postion harder.

I'm all for locking Cable out of the draft. They've been screwing up their O-line picks bad. (I assume Cable is doing the picks anyway)

The classy move signing him doesn't bother me though.

Forget fingers. I have every part of my body crossed this happens. I have a real gut feeling that next year. Between Wilson, OKung, Wagner, Wright, and Avril. (All do respect to Malcom Smith and Byron Maxwell.) I consider those guys the top 5 guys looking at free agency, or contract extensions. That of this list, Okung will be the odd man out.

I really like the kid, but we can't give him top LT money when he misses as much time as he does. And if we lose him, without others stepping up. On top of a probable Lynch releasing. That foundation on offense is in big trouble.

We're talking a beautiful home, on gorgeous property. But everytime it rains, you get 3 inches of water in your basement type problems.

Forget fingers. I have every part of my body crossed this happens. I have a real gut feeling that next year. Between Wilson, OKung, Wagner, Wright, and Avril. (All do respect to Malcom Smith and Byron Maxwell.) I consider those guys the top 5 guys looking at free agency, or contract extensions. That of this list, Okung will be the odd man out.

I really like the kid, but we can't give him top LT money when he misses as much time as he does. And if we lose him, without others stepping up. On top of a probable Lynch releasing. That foundation on offense is in big trouble.

We're talking a beautiful home, on gorgeous property. But everytime it rains, you get 3 inches of water in your basement type problems.

Yeah, I would be shocked if Okung is back with all the free agents we have. Although Avril & Wright might also hit the door. Maybe Okung will be our 3rd guy we retain especially "if" Britt doesn't pan out.

I think Wilson and Wagner are the only locks to resign though, and after that who knows if we can bring any of the others back?

I don't think our draft was a flop, but at Oline it was.

(I think we hit on a future LB though, FB, and our WR's are an upgrade and I personally like them)

Biggest need (Oline) = Fail :(

I think our Center needs to be replaced sooner then later too. We could be a mess on the Oline if Okung goes for sure. I agree.

Cable better work some magic. And Bailey/Bowie/Britt must work out.

All draft picks signed.

Jeff Ireland no longer with the team. His services are no longer required. The 2014 will always be linked to him, for better or worse.

At some point this week, I'd like to repost and update the information from page one for our update roster to include all the draft picks and UDFA added and discard all evidence of the departed players. A clean version, position by position. If someone else wants to do it, go ahead. But it's a living document, to be updated by roster move.

Do we stay with this thread until the start of the season, or is there a need for a Training Camp/Exhibition Game Thread? Just throwing it out there.

I say stay. Why not?

Also Baldwin was signed to a 2 year extension. I'm not sure when it will be announced or what the details are.

I just heard it was a done deal.

The numbers I got for Baldwin is a total of 3 years for 13 million. 9 million on it is garaunteed, that does include this year though.

He'll sign and play this year on his tender (I think it was something like 2.3 million?) or around there.

That means the 2 years after would be for about 10.7 million (or so, depending on this years tender number) with 6 plus being the garauntee on that amount.

He said he was very happy to get the deal done. Schnieder had told him after the superbowl that after free agency, the priorities were going to be Thomas, Sherman and then Baldwin. And that even though he believed what the front office had told him. He did worry that if someone was going to be left out, it might be him. So he was very excited that everything had worked out the exact way he was told.

I just thought of this too.

And this kind of gives me a chuckle. Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin combined will make half of what Golden Tate is donna make this year.

And then next season when Baldwins number does go up. It'll still be less than Tate.

NICE!!! Way to overpay Detroit.

I just thought of this too.

And this kind of gives me a chuckle. Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin combined will make half of what Golden Tate is donna make this year.

And then next season when Baldwins number does go up. It'll still be less than Tate.

NICE!!! Way to overpay Detroit.

It's ridiculous how well Schneider is managing the cap.

This is the 2nd or 3rd youngest team in the league, locking down all their best players to long term cap friendly deals, lots of cap space remaining, and looking to repeat as champions.

Ridiculous.

Arizona just lost Daryl Washington for the year. SWEEEET!!!!

I mean, that's awlful, I feel bad.

Hee Hee Hee

So happy we locked down ANGRY Dougie Baldwin :mad:

I think that just about ticks every box this offseason. As stated before, I would have liked to have seen a little more done with the offensive line, but if Bowie/Bailey/Britt develop and Carpenter stays healthy and lives up to his potential we could be A-OK.

An exciting time indeed :thumbsup:

So happy we locked down ANGRY Dougie Baldwin :mad:

I think that just about ticks every box this offseason. As stated before, I would have liked to have seen a little more done with the offensive line, but if Bowie/Bailey/Britt develop and Carpenter stays healthy and lives up to his potential we could be A-OK.

An exciting time indeed :thumbsup:

Well, I do expect Okung, Unger, Bowie, and Sweezey to start.

Carpenter lost some weight. Yeah, he's "healthy". We've been hearing that for months. The problem remains that he is inept at playing tackle, shown nothing at guard, his weakness is run blocking for a run heavy offense, and his worst offense is when he whiffs on an assignment, instead of searching for the next guy to hit, he just starts there and picks his nose. Honestly, how do we count on him?

Anybody that wasn't on the Seahawk payroll that observed Britt in the post draft camps was amazed at how overwhelmed he looked and how everybody was blowing past him on every type of rush imaginable. Just can't move. He is a long term project at best.

Unless my time frame is off, the first two years under Carroll/Schneider, the offensive line was brutal in front of Hasselbeck and T Jackson. I think we've regressed back to those days, maybe even worse.

Well, I do expect Okung, Unger, Bowie, and Sweezey to start.

Carpenter lost some weight. Yeah, he's "healthy". We've been hearing that for months. The problem remains that he is inept at playing tackle, shown nothing at guard, his weakness is run blocking for a run heavy offense, and his worst offense is when he whiffs on an assignment, instead of searching for the next guy to hit, he just starts there and picks his nose. Honestly, how do we count on him?

Anybody that wasn't on the Seahawk payroll that observed Britt in the post draft camps was amazed at how overwhelmed he looked and how everybody was blowing past him on every type of rush imaginable. Just can't move. He is a long term project at best.

Unless my time frame is off, the first two years under Carroll/Schneider, the offensive line was brutal in front of Hasselbeck and T Jackson. I think we've regressed back to those days, maybe even worse.

The 2010 line was abysmal. I think Tyler focking Polumbus was our best lineman that year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11074117/seattle-seahawks-agree-defensive-tackle-kevin-williams

Seahawks, Kevin Williams agree

The defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks have reached agreement with defensive tackle Kevin Williams on a one-year contract.Williams, a six-time Pro Bowl player and former defensive captain with the Minnesota Vikings, will make in excess of $2 million, according to league sources.Williams will be entering his 12th season in the NFL, having spent his entire career until now with the Vikings. Williams started 15 games last season for the Vikings with 3½ sacks and an interception.Seattle found success last season with a deep rotation along the defensive line, an area that took a hit during free agency following the Seahawks' Super Bowl title.Seattle wrapped up its organized team activities on Thursday. The Seahawks still have their mandatory three-day minicamp beginning Tuesday.

Since the Kevin Williams signing took place after June 1st, it has no impact on the value of compensation of draft picks the Seahawks should receive next year due to gain/loss of free agency this year. We can value shop to our heart's content.

Most projections have the Seahawks receiving 4 bonus picks next year.

Sidney Rice has retired.

Clearly, I was more of fan of Sidney Rice than other Seahawk fans. He was injured too much, but when he played, he was a warrior, with good hands. He leaves football with a Superbowl ring and enough money to start up his chicken wing franchises. Unfortunately, it leaves a hole on this team, as we don't have a WR with any height at all.

I guess Percy Harvin, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, and Paul Richardson are locks to make the roster. Kevin Norwood is a near certainty now. It leaves only one realistic opening, at most. Ricardo Lockette and Chris Matthews are the leading contenders to make it now, Matthews because he is 6'5" and Lockette due to his special teams play.

Two memories of Rice remain fresh in my head. He caught the TD bomb from Russell Wilson with around 2 minutes to go to put the Hawks up 28-27 in the come from way behind win over New England. Then there was the classic legacy play from Rice, as he caught the TD pass in overtime to beat Chicago in the game notable as the coming out party of Russell Wilson. Rice got knocked the fock out on the play, and knew he was going to get thumped, but crossed the goal line anyway and took the shot to the head. Of course, this probably led to his decision to leave before his concussions got too plentiful.

Clearly, I was more of fan of Sidney Rice than other Seahawk fans. He was injured too much, but when he played, he was a warrior, with good hands. He leaves football with a Superbowl ring and enough money to start up his chicken wing franchises. Unfortunately, it leaves a hole on this team, as we don't have a WR with any height at all.

I guess Percy Harvin, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, and Paul Richardson are locks to make the roster. Kevin Norwood is a near certainty now. It leaves only one realistic opening, at most. Ricardo Lockette and Chris Matthews are the leading contenders to make it now, Matthews because he is 6'5" and Lockette due to his special teams play.

Two memories of Rice remain fresh in my head. He caught the TD bomb from Russell Wilson with around 2 minutes to go to put the Hawks up 28-27 in the come from way behind win over New England. Then there was the classic legacy play from Rice, as he caught the TD pass in overtime to beat Chicago in the game notable as the coming out party of Russell Wilson. Rice got knocked the fock out on the play, and knew he was going to get thumped, but crossed the goal line anyway and took the shot to the head. Of course, this probably led to his decision to leave before his concussions got too plentiful.

We are going about it differently. No need for a big WR. Just let speed kill and if one goes down, then replace him with the next speed guy. But, I think Norwood and Matthews make the team giving us some size and youth. I have high hopes for Norwood! I like him a lot.

I also think Kearse plays about as tall as Rice anyway.

I figured Rice would be gone one way or another. It was a move before the draft (and multiple WR draft picks) that made a lot of sense for us. He was never going to beat out the rookies, Baldwin, Kearse, and Harvin. I had him #5-6 on the depth chart after the draft.

Happy Rice got his ring though and I wish him the best in his future. I'm fine with it.

We are going about it differently. No need for a big WR. Just let speed kill and if one goes down, then replace him with the next speed guy. But, I think Norwood and Matthews make the team giving us some size and youth. I have high hopes for Norwood! I like him a lot.

I also think Kearse plays about as tall as Rice anyway.

I figured Rice would be gone one way or another. It was a move before the draft (and multiple WR draft picks) that made a lot of sense for us. He was never going to beat out the rookies, Baldwin, Kearse, and Harvin. I had him #5-6 on the depth chart after the draft.

Happy Rice got his ring though and I wish him the best in his future. I'm fine with it.

It's difficult to expect anything but minimal contributions from rookie WRs in their first year.

It's even more difficult to score in the red zone with nothing but short WRs.

If healthy, the starters would have been Baldwin, Harvin, Rice. But, that's the whole thing. If healthy.

It's difficult to expect anything but minimal contributions from rookie WRs in their first year.

It's even more difficult to score in the red zone with nothing but short WRs.

If healthy, the starters would have been Baldwin, Harvin, Rice. But, that's the whole thing. If healthy.

I don't think we need to ask our rookie WR's do have to do that much though. If Robinson drops in 4 or 5 long TD bombs for us that would be huge for our team. Or if the tall guy's can get a couple post up scores that's all good too.

We didn't have that much of a problem scoring last year with short WR's? S. Rice was not a factor. Tate, Kearse, and Baldwin lead us for the most part. Harvin comes in for Tate now plus Robinson. Bringing Miller back was huge and he helps in the red zone.

Regardless, we are a rushing team in the red zone. We pound it in, but Wilson is so good and can find the open guy or make the play when needed. FG's are also our friend with the Def we have. I like that we got our kicker back too.

I don't agree those were ever the projected starters. It's clear with Rice retirment that was probably not the plan or going to happen.

Starters as I see it from the start:

Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse/Robinson (I think that was a lock even when Rice was on the team)

P.S. - Kearse was huge last year. He took giant steps IMO and at times looked by far our best WR.

Anyway, GO HAWKS!

Should be exciting again. :banana: :first:

I don't think we need to ask our rookie WR's do have to do that much though. If Robinson drops in 4 or 5 long TD bombs for us that would be huge for our team. Or if the tall guy's can get a couple post up scores that's all good too.

We didn't have that much of a problem scoring last year with short WR's? S. Rice was not a factor. Tate, Kearse, and Baldwin lead us for the most part. Harvin comes in for Tate now plus Robinson. Bringing Miller back was huge and he helps in the red zone.

Regardless, we are a rushing team in the red zone. We pound it in, but Wilson is so good and can find the open guy or make the play when needed. FG's are also our friend with the Def we have. I like that we got our kicker back too.

I don't agree those were ever the projected starters. It's clear with Rice retirment that was probably not the plan or going to happen.

Starters as I see it from the start:

Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse/Robinson (I think that was a lock even when Rice was on the team)

P.S. - Kearse was huge last year. He took giant steps IMO and at times looked by far our best WR.

Anyway, GO HAWKS!

Should be exciting again. :banana: :first:

Last season was a life time ago, and my memory might be fuzzy, but the Hawks struggled tremendously in the latter stages of last season on offense. Sure, we had injuries to offensive linemen, were Harvin and Rice most of the season, and Wilson hurt his left shoulder. And the team was facing very solid defensive teams over and over again. But, as a member of the NFC West, you are going to face good defenses over and over again for quite some time.

Did we improve the offensive line? Nope. It's still among the league's worst. It's by far the biggest weakness on the team. Sure, we are a run first offense, but while the pass blocking is atrocious and Wilson is running for his life every other play, the run blocking isn't much better, as the only reason this team has success running the ball is that Lynch leads the league in breaking tackles. He gets hit before he can get a step or two going. This is not a formula for success.

Because Rice and Harvin were hurt, teams did a nice job of shutting down Tate, Baldwin, and Kearse and whoever else was in the lineup in the 2nd half of the season. If Harvin goes down again, it will lead to many problems. I found it somewhat amusing that Richardson played about a day in the minicamp before sitting out the rest of it with a shoulder injury. Sigh.

I'm somewhat concerned about the offense.

Last season was a life time ago, and my memory might be fuzzy, but the Hawks struggled tremendously in the latter stages of last season on offense. Sure, we had injuries to offensive linemen, were Harvin and Rice most of the season, and Wilson hurt his left shoulder. And the team was facing very solid defensive teams over and over again. But, as a member of the NFC West, you are going to face good defenses over and over again for quite some time.

Did we improve the offensive line? Nope. It's still among the league's worst. It's by far the biggest weakness on the team. Sure, we are a run first offense, but while the pass blocking is atrocious and Wilson is running for his life every other play, the run blocking isn't much better, as the only reason this team has success running the ball is that Lynch leads the league in breaking tackles. He gets hit before he can get a step or two going. This is not a formula for success.

Because Rice and Harvin were hurt, teams did a nice job of shutting down Tate, Baldwin, and Kearse and whoever else was in the lineup in the 2nd half of the season. If Harvin goes down again, it will lead to many problems. I found it somewhat amusing that Richardson played about a day in the minicamp before sitting out the rest of it with a shoulder injury. Sigh.

I'm somewhat concerned about the offense.

I agree about the Oline. I'm concerned about the Oline too, which could spell some troubles for our Offense. But overall, I think we'll be fine.

Sure, our div will be hard. Everybody that plays our Div will have problems and low scoring games with the offense not clicking perfectley. That's to be expected. But, that's not league wide and we'll be fine overall. And our Def to me is still the best of this div. so our div foes will struggle on their offense just the same. Dog fights!

Kearse will grow and mature. He is still very young. You can't just expect Harvin to be hurt every year. If healthy, like you said you have little worries. Me either. Now add in the rookies for more growth, speed, and big play and I think were fine.

Richardson might have health issues with his thin frame, but he's still a playmaker I think.

Our Oline is better at run blocking then the pass for sure, but I think your giving Lynch most all the credit. The line is not that bad in run blocking. Our other 2 backs looked just fine when they ran too. Sure, Lynch is a beast. But, we'll be fine.

The lines weakness by far is pass blocking. But remember, This is only Wilson's 2nd year. He's holding the ball to long sometimes still.

(I see this as part Wilson and also part WR's not getting open - No Harvin and no speed or great route running)

I'm excited for the 2 young WR's as I think we needed them. Also, we didn't even get to see a healthy Harvin yet.

I'm not worried at all really. :)

I love the way this team is built and I think it will truly be a dynasty team easy.

I agree about the Oline. I'm concerned about the Oline too, which could spell some troubles for our Offense. But overall, I think we'll be fine.

Sure, our div will be hard. Everybody that plays our Div will have problems and low scoring games with the offense not clicking perfectley. That's to be expected. But, that's not league wide and we'll be fine overall. And our Def to me is still the best of this div. so our div foes will struggle on their offense just the same. Dog fights!

Kearse will grow and mature. He is still very young. You can't just expect Harvin to be hurt every year. If healthy, like you said you have little worries. Me either. Now add in the rookies for more growth, speed, and big play and I think were fine.

Richardson might have health issues with his thin frame, but he's still a playmaker I think.

Our Oline is better at run blocking then the pass for sure, but I think your giving Lynch most all the credit. The line is not that bad in run blocking. Our other 2 backs looked just fine when they ran too. Sure, Lynch is a beast. But, we'll be fine.

The lines weakness by far is pass blocking. But remember, This is only Wilson's 2nd year. He's holding the ball to long sometimes still.

(I see this as part Wilson and also part WR's not getting open - No Harvin and no speed or great route running)

I'm excited for the 2 young WR's as I think we needed them. Also, we didn't even get to see a healthy Harvin yet.

I'm not worried at all really. :)

I love the way this team is built and I think it will truly be a dynasty team easy.

Part of the reason our run blocking looks better on paper is due to how well our WR and TE's block downfield and on the edge, along with the stellar play of M Robinson for a few years. The offensive line run blocking is better than the pass blocking, but that's damning with faint praise.

The glass is half empty, and full of poison.

I'm gonna assume we keep 6 wr's this year?

Harvins injury history might make it a nessetity(sp?)

We can always have someone inactive on gameday if need be.

I assume we're all unanimous on our locks. Harvin,Baldwin,Kearse and Richardson.

If it's a 5 man race, Norwood vs Matthews will be fun to watch,

the college kid vs the Canadian football kid.

If we keep 6, maybe they both make it.

The point to all this drunk rambling sh!t I just made you guys read is.

Can we get rid of Lockett. I hate this f*cking douschebag.

I am starting to get suspicious that Marshawn Lynch just wants to skip training camp and preseason games to reduce wear and tear on himself. He talked about retiring after the Super Bowl. He's just skipping the parts of the season he doesn't like. It's a holdout without bark or bite.

I'm gonna assume we keep 6 wr's this year?

Harvins injury history might make it a nessetity(sp?)

We can always have someone inactive on gameday if need be.

I assume we're all unanimous on our locks. Harvin,Baldwin,Kearse and Richardson.

If it's a 5 man race, Norwood vs Matthews will be fun to watch,

the college kid vs the Canadian football kid.

If we keep 6, maybe they both make it.

The point to all this drunk rambling sh!t I just made you guys read is.

Can we get rid of Lockett. I hate this f*cking douschebag.

Lockett will be gone. I think that's an easy choice and I expect it.

The question will be like you said, keep 5 or 6? And I bet it will come down to Mattews being any good if we keep 6.

I think Norwood is a lock this year myself.

So to me it comes down to IF Matthews is good enough? If he's good I bet we keep the 6.

(Unless Norwood & Richardson blow up maybe making him expendable)

I am starting to get suspicious that Marshawn Lynch just wants to skip training camp and preseason games to reduce wear and tear on himself. He talked about retiring after the Super Bowl. He's just skipping the parts of the season he doesn't like. It's a holdout without bark or bite.

I could easily see that. Might be right there.

But, I also think he realizes (smart cat actually) that his days here of getting another contract in the future are slim. I think he knows we have two very good capable backs (Girls name) ready to take the rains. I bet he feels he would like to get extended NOW, and before it's to late or they decide he's expendable casualty. (And we have tons of free agents next year & Wilson - He'll be left out for sure)

So with the big SB win, him looking amazing, it's a smart move to ask for a couple more years and make the money while he can.

So I think it's a bit real that he could hold out? Or probably a big time bluff more so. Who knows. One thing for sure though: He could use the rest and less wear and tear so if that's the idea I'm good with it.

The problem: If he holds pat. Cause I think the FO is smart to realize he's nearing the end and they can't afford to pay him again. His position is the helping hand that will allow us to cut costs and pay Wilson, etc. (i.e. - Move christi into the starting role cheap)

Regardless, I think he'll be here eventually. Not to worried about it. It would be nice to extend him a bit now if we could afford it cheaply and not mess our plan up. (But, he did just resign so kind tough luck really unless we feel good about rewarding him for our 1st SB win)

Lockett will be gone. I think that's an easy choice and I expect it.

The question will be like you said, keep 5 or 6? And I bet it will come down to Mattews being any good if we keep 6.

I think Norwood is a lock this year myself.

So to me it comes down to IF Matthews is good enough? If he's good I bet we keep the 6.

(Unless Norwood & Richardson blow up maybe making him expendable)

Sad to say, I think Lockette has the sixth spot just about nailed down. The coaching staff likes him a lot and he seems to be clicking in the offense in the minicamp and the start of training camp. We really haven't seen what Matthews can do yet due to injuries, and the only guy that seems that could make a run at Lockette is Phil Bates.

On the bright side, everybody is talking about how much improved both Baldwin and Kearse look. The WR group as a whole looks pretty good.

Surprisingly Carpenter is holding up so far. If this stiff can just play mediocre on the line this year, that would be a huge upgrade. Sweeney put on muscle in the offseason to make sure he doesn't get pushed around by Rams defensive line again. While Bowie got dinged up, Britt has been playing with the first stringers. Ooof. He's looked terrible, by all accounts. There's a shock. Bailey is looking pretty good filling in for dinged Okung, so I guess Bailey becomes the super sub, to fill in at any guard or tackle spot. Backup center Frenchie McFrench is getting reps at guard, so he might be a roving sub as well. Which isn't a bad strategy, seeing so many injuries last year along the line.

They redshirted Tharold Simon last year. As it turns out, he's been playing so well in minicamp and training camp that he might challenge Byron Maxwell for the starting CB gig.

Oh yeah. I had forgotten about Phil Bates.

Early word I read said Bates and Norwood both look really good.

Matthews hasn't. Havn't heard anything on Lockett yet.

Sad to say, I think Lockette has the sixth spot just about nailed down. The coaching staff likes him a lot and he seems to be clicking in the offense in the minicamp and the start of training camp. We really haven't seen what Matthews can do yet due to injuries, and the only guy that seems that could make a run at Lockette is Phil Bates.

On the bright side, everybody is talking about how much improved both Baldwin and Kearse look. The WR group as a whole looks pretty good.

Surprisingly Carpenter is holding up so far. If this stiff can just play mediocre on the line this year, that would be a huge upgrade. Sweeney put on muscle in the offseason to make sure he doesn't get pushed around by Rams defensive line again. While Bowie got dinged up, Britt has been playing with the first stringers. Ooof. He's looked terrible, by all accounts. There's a shock. Bailey is looking pretty good filling in for dinged Okung, so I guess Bailey becomes the super sub, to fill in at any guard or tackle spot. Backup center Frenchie McFrench is getting reps at guard, so he might be a roving sub as well. Which isn't a bad strategy, seeing so many injuries last year along the line.

They redshirted Tharold Simon last year. As it turns out, he's been playing so well in minicamp and training camp that he might challenge Byron Maxwell for the starting CB gig.

Interesting.... Good stuff.

Yeah, maybe it will be Bates that takes the 6. I still think Lockett will be gone one way or the other. I guess if he's a great special teamer maybe they want him?

Funny how Baily and Simon are doing well... Those 2 were the main two I liked in that draft, and Bowie a little bit.. And not much else really. Britt was who I didin't like this year. I bet he'll be gone in a year or two and still looking for new Oline.

I think Baily will be the super sub.

I think were sitting in a real good place at WR now.

Funny how Baily and Simon are doing well... Those 2 were the main two I liked in that draft, and Bowie a little bit.. And not much else really. Britt was who I didin't like this year. I bet he'll be gone in a year or two and still looking for new Oline.

I think Baily will be the super sub.

Just a minor tweak. Bailey was an UDFA. Bowie went in the 7th round, Simon in the 5th.

Both Bowie and Simon had their draft stock drop for incidents, Simon for his run in with a cop, Bowie for being kicked out of his Big Twelve school before his senior year. They had talent, just questionable character issues going into the draft. Sometimes the gambles pay off.

First I've heard the theory. Wouldn't be shocked.

Just a minor tweak. Bailey was an UDFA. Bowie went in the 7th round, Simon in the 5th.

Both Bowie and Simon had their draft stock drop for incidents, Simon for his run in with a cop, Bowie for being kicked out of his Big Twelve school before his senior year. They had talent, just questionable character issues going into the draft. Sometimes the gambles pay off.

Also, regarding the draft, if I recall, I wasn't crazy about taking Girl's Name in the 2nd, so I might have to eat a sh!t sandwich for that, as I didn't think RB value justified a pick that high. Look at the RB market this offseason. I didn't like the 3rd round pick Jordan Hill, and he is slipping down the depth charts and may not make the team this year; I don't think he is going to do much at all. I didn't really care for Chris Harper in the 4th, and he didn't even make the team. I had worries about Simon's attitude, but he seems to be working out after his injury season. Everybody loved Jesse Williams, including me, in the 5th and it looks like he is coming around to be a rotation guy in the trenches and getting over his knee issues. Luke Wilson is contributing as a back up TE, so he's OK. Spencer Ware is a mystery and iffy if he makes the team; he may have to beat out Turbin. Of the last 4 picks, only Bowie is still on the team. Jared Smith, Ty Powell, Ryan Seymour are gone.

Still looks like a subpar draft overall, with the 3rd and 4th round picks looking like busts so far, but we got Percy Harvin for the 1st round pick, and that is a trade I would do over and over again. Girl's Name and maybe the emergence of Simon and/or J Williams could turn that around, with Bowie looking like a starter being a hidden gem as well, but when you draft that many players, some have to work out just by the sheer number.

What I got out of OTA's was on O. Girls name stood out. And on D. Simon was unstoppable.