Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

J. Bell

Detroit invested a new contract in J. Bell, and seemed to offer him an increasing role last year especially with Bush's tenancy to get banged up. I am curious what everyone thinks he will do this year. Do you see an increase in production and possibly a majority share of carries, or will it be a continuation of last year?

I like Bell, but I still think R Bush will be the main guy again . I think both will have numbers close to last season .

To be honest i dont have a clue. I think bush is definitely the superior talent. Im not sure detroit even knows how they will divide the touches yet.

To be honest i dont have a clue. I think bush is definitely the superior talent. Im not sure detroit even knows how they will divide the touches yet.

Roughly my thoughts as well. I get to keep Bell for a 13th, but I'm trying to get a feel with how much value I can give him and where he will pencil in my lineup. I'm guessing just a weekly flex with the occasional RB2 numbers if he gets in the endzone.

Gator pegged it: RB3 w. some occasional RB2 upside. There are going to be some mouths to feed in Detroit. If it is a 3 headed monster in the backfield it is anyone's guess who goes off in Detroit week to week (outside of Megatron).

In addition to the games he missed I didn't realize that Bush got benched for fumbles late in the season as Schwartz did his best to ensure no playoffs. :doh:

As much as Iike Bell I do wonder if his overall stats and finish, and current perception, are boosted a little bit but this.

Washington game (Bush out) Bell 20-63-1, 4-69

Philly game (Bush out-snow) Bell 23-69-1, 4-58

NYG game (Bush benched...Riddick TD woo hooo) 20-91-1, 10-63

Ok math time. Bell's 2013 stat line reads:

166-650-8, 53-547-0

3 game total of above games?

63-223-3, 18-190

Take those 3 games away from his yearly totals:

103-427-5, 35-357

Divide that by 13 games (still following me? :) )

8-32-.4 TD, 3-27

In summary in the 13 games Bush really played Bell averaged 11 touches, 60 yards weekly with a chance of a TD every other. In PPR a safe 10 points with a chance for a TD splash.

Hypothetically if this was your RB2 how would you feel about it?

Look back at the defenses Bell got to play by himself against- Philly-Washington-NYG...it was a perfect storm for blowing up his final numbers.

Now consider the reports on Riddick, the signing of Tate and drafting of Ebron.

How much is there gonna be to go around...consistently where you feel about about a start?

I don't have the answers...but I'm sharing what I've got.

In addition to the games he missed I didn't realize that Bush got benched for fumbles late in the season as Schwartz did his best to ensure no playoffs. :doh:

As much as Iike Bell I do wonder if his overall stats and finish, and current perception, are boosted a little bit but this.

Washington game (Bush out) Bell 20-63-1, 4-69

Philly game (Bush out-snow) Bell 23-69-1, 4-58

NYG game (Bush benched...Riddick TD woo hooo) 20-91-1, 10-63

Ok math time. Bell's 2013 stat line reads:

166-650-8, 53-547-0

3 game total of above games?

63-223-3, 18-190

Take those 3 games away from his yearly totals:

103-427-5, 35-357

Divide that by 13 games (still following me? :) )

8-32-.4 TD, 3-27

So he'd have averaged 11.3 PPG in a PPR, which would be the 33rd RB last year, or a low end RB3. His current ADP in PPRs is the 25th RB, or a high end RB3. With the upside he provides in case of a Bush injury (which is far from unheard of), I'd say he's a fair gamble. Not someone I'd prefer to draft as a starter, but if you get 2 solid RBs early, he's a good pick.

Last rant...the week after Schrwartzio benched Bush for losing a fumble, and lost to the world beating NYG at home, Bell lost a fumble.

Bell finished with 4 fumbles, 3 lost, to Bushes 5 fumbles, 4 lost, at the end of the season.

Kudos Schwartzio Kudos

So he'd have averaged 11.3 PPG in a PPR, which would be the 33rd RB last year, or a low end RB3. His current ADP in PPRs is the 25th RB, or a high end RB3. With the upside he provides in case of a Bush injury (which is far from unheard of), I'd say he's a fair gamble. Not someone I'd prefer to draft as a starter, but if you get 2 solid RBs early, he's a good pick.

Don't disagree. I just wanted to point out that while he finished as PPR overall RB 14 he may have, as you stated, produced like PPR RB 33 in 13 of his games last year.

I don't expect his numbers to change at all. Riddick MIGHT take some touches away, but he's gonna have the Pierre Thomas role in this offense. He'll disappear for a few games, but typically give you a solid 70-80 all purpose yards a game.

I don't expect his numbers to change at all. Riddick MIGHT take some touches away, but he's gonna have the Pierre Thomas role in this offense. He'll disappear for a few games, but typically give you a solid 70-80 all purpose yards a game.

I tend to agree here. I cant really see his role changing much from last year, why would it? They have a good thing going with reggie/joique and thats what alot of teams want to have. The real value with these guys is in case of injury you have a potential monster, and for that role I prefer joique to reggie.

Traded keeper rights for Joique Bell for keeper rights to Toby Gerhart. I give up a higher round but based on the talk here I think Joique was in for a similar season. Let's hope Toby gives me RB2 production because that's what I am slotting him as.

i like bell, but i would love bell if reggie bush got in a horrific car accident and lived and made a full recovery and it was like he never got in the car accident, but he just couldnt play football.

but with megatron, bush, bell, golden tate, eric ebron,

dude like thats a lot of people that the ball has to got too

he passes the eye test when watching him play... He is only opportunity away from top 10-12 status... Definition of RB3.

I like bell this year. The lions are going to a more run heavy offense and bush will almost surely get hurt. Bell is a beast and would do well in an offense that is predicated on the run.