Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Justin Blackmon

So... I think he's likely out for the better part of 2014, but do you think he will turn his career around and be productive in the future? The Jags are likely going to cut him with their stable of potentially good WR's, so his turnaround is likely to occur elsewhere, if it were to happen.

I liked him in college, but the guy is a true idiot. One step away from a lifetime ban. That being said, he can be had in dynasty leagues for the low price of almost nothing. I've obtained him as a complete throwaway portion of a few deals. Is his career over, or does the kid have a shot to make a comeback ala C. Carter?

Oh, he'll play again. But he'll go to a desperate team with a crappy QB. So, he'll have to prove himself there before he can move on make any real fantasy noise IMO.

Oh, he'll play again. But he'll go to a desperate team with a crappy QB. So, he'll have to prove himself there before he can move on make any real fantasy noise IMO.

He's had pretty crappy QB'S in the 2 years he's been in the league & he's put up some solid stats.

• Like 1

It wouldn't shock me if Justin Blackmon never played another down in the NFL. If he is to miss a year with the substance abuse problems he has, not a good recipe for a grande return. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets in trouble again digging his hole further deeper.

Thus far I haven't seen or heard of him being contrite or even apologetic about the ban or his past transgressions, leading me to believe that he just doesn't get it and will likely throw away his incredible talent as a result. If you've got a stacked dynasty team with an extra slot and don't mind waiting on him, and you get him for a song as part of a throwaway deal it can't hurt. I'd rather take my chances on Marlon Brown or Juron Criner or somebody like that though.

Wasn't he already in that situation in JAX? LOL! Cant get much worse ... it be an upgrade if he goes to any other team, and his value is even greater!

Wasn't he already in that situation in JAX? LOL! Cant get much worse ... it be an upgrade if he goes to any other team, and his value is even greater!

Ha exactly, his stats now are his FLOOR! Cant get worse than Gabbert and henne. Too bad he will only be laying flag football with Josh Gordon at a halfway house at best.

Don't know the answer to this question . I will do the only thing I can do for Blackman . Pray for him

Blackmon and Gordon are 2 of the top 10 WR's in the league on talent but wont play again ever in a meaningful role becasue they had to get high and drive drunk. wow

He was a loser in college. Even a bigger loser now......... If that is possible.

Wow, busted AGAIN! A real shame that we wont see these guys play again, its really a loss for us as fans.

How do these players keep getting arrested for marijuana? I know dozens of people who have always had pot on them but never been arrested. It takes a bad case of unbelievably stupid to accomplish what Balckmon has.

How do these players keep getting arrested for marijuana? I know dozens of people who have always had pot on them but never been arrested. It takes a bad case of unbelievably stupid to accomplish what Balckmon has.

This times 100. My only guess is that they had to be smoking in their cars with the windows down and a trooper got a whiff. Even then...how stupid can you be? He's giving a bad name to Blackmon everywhere

• Like 1

This times 100. My only guess is that they had to be smoking in their cars with the windows down and a trooper got a whiff. Even then...how stupid can you be? He's giving a bad name to Blackmon everywhere

:lol: :lol:!!!

They do focking stupid sh!t that gets them noticed, from there the pot is found. If you aren't speeding a ton and observe other basic rules of the road, you're gonna be fine

Blackmon and Gordon are 2 of the top 10 WR's in the league on talent but wont play again ever in a meaningful role becasue they had to get high and drive drunk. wow

what about arena football :dunno: :doublethumbsup:

Does Colorado or Washington have an arena team?

One of the guys on our afternoon ESPN radio show said some of the same things you guys are. He said when he played with the Rams, people were riding around in a Hummer smoking like crazy, but they never got pulled over because they were obeying the speed limit and kept the windows up. lol Blackmon and Gordon are just idiots.

Gordon reportedly went to a rehab for a full two weeks. LOL Joke of the year? Two whole weeks? Man, I bet his life is totally fixed by now.

Anyone else find it funny that Gordon & Blackmon are out for at least a year because they smoked some green stuff, while Ray Rice flat out knocks his fiance (now wife) out cold on camera and only gets two games? Granted Gordon & Blackmon have been in trouble for pot multiple times, but what sort of statement does this make to the women who support the NFL?

Anyone else find it funny that Gordon & Blackmon are out for at least a year because they smoked some green stuff, while Ray Rice flat out knocks his fiance (now wife) out cold on camera and only gets two games? Granted Gordon & Blackmon have been in trouble for pot multiple times, but what sort of statement does this make to the women who support the NFL?

The ray rice thing is beyond ridiculous.

At work its ok to test positive for all kinds of prescription drugs that will fvck your world up, as long as you have a scrip. Being under the influence on the job isnt allowed, but they dont know that unless someone is taking too much. Test positive for a little weed that was smoked a week ago, you are human scum and need to go to rehab.

Funny? No.

Incredibly sad? Yes.

And very consistent not only with the NFL but with American values.

Tbe nfl will tell the wimmens they love breast cancer and put their save the boobie ribbons on. They dont give a shlt. They rake in more money from women watching because of their "support" than they give out. Not saying its a bad thing for breast cancer to get the support, but its pretty obvious why they chose that particular disease.

He's been sitting on my dynasty bench, starting to think he's never playing again. Any other dynasty guys out there still hanging on or is it best to cut him?

I let Blackmon go. Had him in a dynasty league at a Great $ cap...

Just dont read anything that says hes interested in getting help. I read where hes not even following up with teammates reaching out to him.

Great talent... lost

RB