Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

So, what do I need to know this year?

I haven't read/watched/mocked/bought one thing yet this year... so howabout you's guys hook a brotha' up and lemme' know everything I need to know. Thanks :highfive:

CJ Spiller will run until he pukes.

Or this year's version: Gronk says he will play all 16 games

On a serious note: You'll get "burned" if you take Jimmy Graham too early

Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

On a serious note: You'll get "burned" if you take Jimmy Graham too early

How could i forget this one! I am going to dredge up that thread.

thanks ladies... so pretty much the same things as always around here - FF is 90% luck so it don't matter.

thanks ladies... so pretty much the same things as always around here - FF is 90% luck so it don't matter.

Oh, you wanted serious? Okay... QB, WR, and TE are all deep this year, with RBs that don't share much are scarce. More than ever, get your RBs early. If you can start 3, grab 3 in your first 4-5 rounds. After that, those time share guys can be had in the middle to late rounds.

WRs are seriously deep. Once you get past the top 6, there isn't much difference down to the 30 - 31 range. Even outside of that, there are still decent WRs like A. Boldin, E. Sanders, Amendola / Dobson, R. Cooper, C. Shorts, etc. Fock WRs.

QB is about 16 deep... get one, two if it feels right. Past the top 3-4, it doesn't matter much.

TEs... 5 good ones, and then another dozen are so worth starting. Get one of the 5 (Graham, J. Thomas, Gronk, Cameron, V. Davis) if you can, otherwise wait and grab one you like later.

• Like 1

:highfive: Ryan! Great to see you back.

This year is weird. According to my extremely exact science things are roughly laid out like this:

1. 3 down RBs and top end TEs are few and far between. Draft early and often.

2. Quarterbacks other than Brees, Peyton and Rodgers are a dime a dozen. Unless you're willing to be bereft at RB draft one later (after the 5th, as late as 9th).

3. Top flight WRs are worth their weight in fantasy gold in the BACK half of the first (cause the workhorse RBs are gone). Counter insurgency requires many.

4. It's all luck, which is why you'll win your league this year despite doing zero work on anything fantasy related till now. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Currently Undervalued: (note their ADP will go up the closer we get to the season)

Roddy, D Martin, Reggie (both), Toby G, Victor C, Wallace, Colston, Shorts, G Tate, K Wright, D Wood, D Bowe, D Will, S Jax (handcuff w Freeman), Garcon, B Pierce.

Currently Overvalued:

C Pat, Lacy, Montee, AJ Green, D Jax, Foles, Sankey, Andre Johnson

Bigass Gambles: (but not necessarily bad at their ADP)

Harvin, Tom Brady, Crabtree, B Tate, R Jennings, Vereen & Ridley, R Mathews, Gronk, CJ?K, Maclin, Rice, J Reed, T Rich

• Like 1

I disagree with just about everything you said, you completely lost me on the over and under valued and drafting RB's and TE's early and often ?.... so your best advice is be careful of taking advise to heart from people that think they know. I can tell you that many got burned on the so called experts, and the sheep on this site insisting you going RB, RB last year...Do your own research . This is a good topic though, different opinions always help.

Essentially this really. People dig up so called new concepts but its really the same. qbs deep, rbs shallow, wait on te etc are all recycled cliches of the last 5-7 years.

How could i forget this one! I am going to dredge up that thread.

Oh god, as much as that thread annoyed me, you should def dig it up and continue it like its fresh.

:highfive: Ryan! Great to see you back.

This year is weird. According to my extremely exact science things are roughly laid out like this:

1. 3 down RBs and top end TEs are few and far between. Draft early and often.

2. Quarterbacks other than Brees, Peyton and Rodgers are a dime a dozen. Unless you're willing to be bereft at RB draft one later (after the 5th, as late as 9th).

3. Top flight WRs are worth their weight in fantasy gold in the BACK half of the first (cause the workhorse RBs are gone). Counter insurgency requires many.

4. It's all luck, which is why you'll win your league this year despite doing zero work on anything fantasy related till now. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Currently Undervalued: (note their ADP will go up the closer we get to the season)

Roddy, D Martin, Reggie (both), Toby G, Victor C, Wallace, Colston, Shorts, G Tate, K Wright, D Wood, D Bowe, D Will, S Jax (handcuff w Freeman), Garcon, B Pierce.

Currently Overvalued:

C Pat, Lacy, Montee, AJ Green, D Jax, Foles, Sankey, Andre Johnson

Bigass Gambles: (but not necessarily bad at their ADP)

Harvin, Tom Brady, Crabtree, B Tate, R Jennings, Vereen & Ridley, R Mathews, Gronk, CJ?K, Maclin, Rice, J Reed, T Rich

Ummm.... Not so much.

Toby G is now going in the 2nd round of some redrafts. That isn't underrated. That's praying like hell he can peform up to that level. I've seen him go as high as the 6th RB off the board and at the 2.01. In my last several redrafts, he hasn't fallen out of the early 3rd and his draft position is continually moving up. No way is he currently undervalued.

Doug Martin is going in the late first of some PPR redrafts. He never makes it past the mid-second. Another guy that is not undervalued in any way.

Victor Cruz is being taken as a top 12 WR, so I'm not certain how he's being underrated......

Garcon has gone ahead of Patterson in almost all my redrafts. If that makes him undervalued, how does it make CPatt overvalued? lol You can get Patterson as a WR2 in the late 4th and even into the 5th in some drafts. His stock is falling enough to consider him an undervalued player at this point. It's not as high as it was a month ago.

AJ Green is consistently going as the 4th WR off the board, and in some instances, the 5th. Not sure how that makes him overvalued. If you are concerned Hue isn't going to use him as much, look at his history. He believes in two things: Running the ball and the deep pass. He runs to set up the deep ball.

Montee Ball is being overvalued? He's going in the very early 2nd, but I consider that to be seriously an indication he is being undervalued, not overvalued. He will be a workhorse this season and don't be shocked when he finishes the season in the top 6 fantasy RB's.

Just some observations.

:tear: you guys are beautiful - thanks.

Things I do know:

Avoid Brady. Pats may make the SB but Brady's numbers won't be fantasy elite.

Take Pats D. NE is loaded this year. If defense actually matters in your league, NE will be a gem.

Things I Think:

Manning will still be elite. DEN is going to be hungry and emotional with the whole Bowlen thing.

Toby G as the 6th rb? I mean i like the guy, but when drafting the 6th rb i am looking for either sure fire consistency or a player with immense upside. Toby G does not have either as far as i am concerned. Fwiw i thought it said Tony G for a sec.

Heartless responses to a fellow fantasy footballer! Let me offer some impeccable, timely, flawless advice:

1) never draft a punter early

2) make sure you have at least one starter for each position. Yes we laugh, but I have seen some drunkards fail to draft a tight end ...

3) If wishes were horses, beggars would ride ... In other words, it always helps to do a little homework yourself.

4) Woody Allen said 80% of life is showing up. If you show up to your draft, you will be able to field a team.

5) If you REALLY want to draft a pickup kicker, don't let anyone talk you out of it, no matter how right and bright they may be. At the end of the day, it is YOUR team.

Be wary of Arizona. The defense, which carried them to whatever success they've had over the last 24 games has suffered significant losses: Dansby (who had a career year), Washington (among the best 3-4 LB in the game), Mathieu (for at least a few games).

Some will say that points to more production out of their offense (out of necessity) but Palmer is at his absolute worst playing from behind. Trailing in games may also negatively impact Ellington, whose size in pass protection is one real concern.

I would not be surprised to see the Cards and Rams flip spots this year in that division. Neither is winning 10 games, but I fear AZ is poised for a drop off.

I dunno about Ellington. He came in 10 pounds heavier. Should make him a better blocker with a year to learn the position. Of course, it might slow him down a half step as well. We'll have to see in preseason if he's pulling away like he did last year.

I'm late to the party this season too. So after taking 10 minutes to look at the rankings and ADP here is what I'm seeing......

• Get your workhorse RB(s) early, like real early. Supply is low, thus demand is up, thus the price his high.
  • Similary the TE postition is very top heavy. Don't get left out in the cold.
  • WR's are deep, so you can bide your time here.
  • A case can be made to grab Peyton Manning (or maybe Brees / Rodgers) early but if you miss out on those you can wait for middle rounds.

My current Do Not Draft List (DND): Doug Martin, Toby Gerhart, Rashad Jennings, Arian Foster, Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson, Vernon Davis & Cam Newton.

Targets: Peyton Manning, Le'Veon Bell, Gio Benard, Zac Stacy, Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree, Greg Olsen, DeAndre Hopkins, Ladariaus Green.