Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Sidney Rice to retire

Seahawks receiver may be calling it quits according to a media report. More info as it becomes available...

"Per a league source, receiver Sidney Rice has decided to retire from football. The source says that the 27-year-old Rice’s decision arises from his history of concussions."

Edited by Mike FF Today

"I’ve hit the ground a number of times. I have quite a few injuries. It’s something I’ve always battled through and came back from. But I just figure at this point I have the rest of my life ahead of me and I want to be able to function and do things later down the road." Seahawks.com

"I’ve hit the ground a number of times. ... It’s something I’ve always battled through and came back from. But I just figure at this point I have the rest of my life ahead of me and I want to be able to function and do things later down the road."

I think he basically summed up my fantasy football career :lol:

He can thank Brett Favre for making sure he's set for life.

Assuming he didn't piss away his money.

"Rice has invested his money back into his market, as he opened the first of five chicken-wing restaurants in June."

What a shame, I remembering being 20 and watching him and Favre torch the endzone. Seattle is the death of any wide receiver.

He can thank Brett Favre for making sure he's set for life.

Assuming he didn't piss away his money.

His money is invested in the firm my wife works for. He lives in a modest home (compared to most NFL players with money) and doesn't spend his money like others do. He has a home that is valued at $2 million and a vacation Condo that is $600k. His cars are upscale, but not egregious. When you look at the money he made in his huge contract, his guaranteed money alone covered everything he owns and still leaves him an extra $15 million or so to play with. He has millions invested in the market. The guy may have seemed like a DB, but he isn't. He was wise enough to latch on with a good broker who took care of his money for him. A lot like Chris Chambers was when he played in Miami. They may have been one hit wonders, but they let smart people handle their money and it has paid off.

Now, compare that to an idiot like Warren Sapp who somehow managed to lose $100 million because he didn't want someone else holding his money. LOL

• Like 1

His money is invested in the firm my wife works for. He lives in a modest home (compared to most NFL players with money) and doesn't spend his money like others do. He has a home that is valued at $2 million and a vacation Condo that is $600k. His cars are upscale, but not egregious. When you look at the money he made in his huge contract, his guaranteed money alone covered everything he owns and still leaves him an extra $15 million or so to play with. He has millions invested in the market. The guy may have seemed like a DB, but he isn't. He was wise enough to latch on with a good broker who took care of his money for him. A lot like Chris Chambers was when he played in Miami. They may have been one hit wonders, but they let smart people handle their money and it has paid off.

Now, compare that to an idiot like Warren Sapp who somehow managed to lose $100 million because he didn't want someone else holding his money. LOL

He just opened 5 Wingstop restaurants in Seattle also

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-player-team-news-features/sidney-rice-gets-into-the-wing-business/