Sign in to follow this  
thesitedoc

4 QB's to break into the top 10 (PPG)

Tom Brady - Gronk is back and the young WR's should be better with a year under their belts.

Matt Ryan - Healthy Julio and Roddy should serve him well this year. Not sure who will emerge to replace TG.

Jay Cutler - Trestman offense and a ton of weapons at his disposal.

RG III - if he has his wheels back and DJax can stay on the field, could be a bouceback year.

Agree on all 4. I have an odd tendency to overrate Ryan since his breakout year so I have him right after the big 3. Im just not a stafford fan, Cam will be top 5 at end of year as always but hes too erratic for me.

Those are pretty obvious choices. I'm going out on limb and say Fitzpatrick. He was border line in the top 11-14 range with the Bills. This Texans team by far has the most talent he's played with. As long as he does not try to turn in to Brett Favre he could finish the season in the 8-10 range.

Those are pretty obvious choices. I'm going out on limb and say Fitzpatrick. He was border line in the top 11-14 range with the Bills. This Texans team by far has the most talent he's played with. As long as he does not try to turn in to Brett Favre he could finish the season in the 8-10 range.

A ballsy pick but I like it. Here we are thinking we are going out on a limb taking An all time great and guys who have either already done it or have some of the best weapons in the nfl playing with them. If you look at the top 10 every year there are plenty of surprises, like Dalton as top 3 last year.

Ill go ahead and throw out Eli and Flacco. Eli usually follows up his bad seasons with superbowl victories and Flacco needed a year off after getting paid and winning the sb the prior year. Also Big Ben has a chance as well.

Amish Cannon actually looks the part for portions of a game and then he starts doing to much and starts turning the ball over. This happened continuously in Tennessee last year. Really frustrating but that really doesn't affect fantasy outcome that much so I think it's plausible.

A ballsy pick but I like it. Here we are thinking we are going out on a limb taking An all time great and guys who have either already done it or have some of the best weapons in the nfl playing with them. If you look at the top 10 every year there are plenty of surprises, like Dalton as top 3 last year.

Ill go ahead and throw out Eli and Flacco. Eli usually follows up his bad seasons with superbowl victories and Flacco needed a year off after getting paid and winning the sb the prior year. Also Big Ben has a chance as well.

I debated over Eli as one of my choices. In the end I figured he threw just too many ints but it would be close.

Tom Brady - Gronk is back and the young WR's should be better with a year under their belts.

Matt Ryan - Healthy Julio and Roddy should serve him well this year. Not sure who will emerge to replace TG.

Jay Cutler - Trestman offense and a ton of weapons at his disposal.

RG III - if he has his wheels back and DJax can stay on the field, could be a bouceback year.

Aren't 3 of those guys already there in most rankings?

Aren't 3 of those guys already there in most ranking

I was basing this off of where they finished last year. But I think you are correct depending on which rankings you use.

I was basing this off of where they finished last year. But I think you are correct depending on which rankings you use.

Ah, okay. Looking at FFTodays rankings, they have Ryan, Brady, and RG III in the top 10. I think most would agree with them, too.

I like Cutler's chances, all he needs to do is stay healthy to get there imo.

Unfortunately the difference between the 10th QB and 20th QB is not that big. Whether you guessed rt or wrong won't make much differences.

• Like 1

Brady and Ryan definitely have the ability to finish in the top ten. Their biggest issue is both of them play a tough schedule. Brady has proved he can be a great NFL QB and an average Fantasy QB. The Pats will win, because they are the Pats, but if Gronk and Amendola get hurt again, I would expect the Pats to slow it down and run the ball more. I just don't trust the weapons in NE to bank on Brady being my every week solid starter. Ryan has two phenomenal weapons, but then what? Very average after that. Jackson is a 30 year old back, Freeman is unknown and no TE stepped up last year.

I wouldn't bet against them finishing in the top ten, but I wouldn't bank on it either.

On the flipside, RG3 has a cakewalk to the top ten this year. If he can stay healthy he should finish top five. He has excellent WR's and a very good RB. With an easy schedule he has a chance to explode for fantasy owners this year. Cutler doesn't have the legs that RG has, so RG has the advantage over him, but none the less Cutler should do very well. Jeffery and Marshall are stellar and dump off passes to sure handed Forte are a good sign that Cutler may have a career year.

I like all four players, but I just trust RG and Cutler more.

Tannehill sneaks into the top 10.

This. Also Colin Kaepernick sneaks into the Top 10 due to overall better receiving talent. I think Nick Foles belongs there too. Losing DJax plus Maclin, Mathews and Huff = overall improvement IMO.

• Like 1

With all of these players sneaking into the top 10, you are going to have to remove some players from the top 10. Who do you remove?

Top 10 in 6pts per TD pass leagues:

Brees

Manning

Rodgers

Ryan

Romo

Brady

Stafford

Luck

RG3

Foles

Top 10 in 4pts per TD pass:

Brees

Manning

Rodgers

Ryan

Romo

RG3

Brady

Stafford

Newton

Luck

This. Also Colin Kaepernick sneaks into the Top 10 due to overall better receiving talent. I think Nick Foles belongs there too. Losing DJax plus Maclin, Mathews and Huff = overall improvement IMO.

I agree completely. People are up in arms about DeSean not being there, but what is there now is much better than last season. Maclin is back, Mathews is the big guy they've needed and Huff has extensive experience in this offense. Not to mention Sproles or the fact Ertz will be in his second season. With the offense having so many weapons, they will be able to do what they couldn't last season; Rotate WR's on and off the field at will. When this offense is rolling, it is meant for the WR's to rotate in and out of the lineup to keep them fresh. Look for more of that this season and for Foles to be the massive beneficiary. Personally, I have him as a top 5 QB this season, but I know some people who think he's overrated and won't finish in the top 12 because of their schedule. With 6 games against the NFC Least, I think he'll be just fine. lol

I think this topic should be slightly redirected.

There are defensible arguments for about 20 QBs to be 'top 10'. This year, NFL parity will truly demonstrate that the difference between fantasy points between #1 and #15 isn't going to be nearly as much a factor as (a) injury, and (b} being a savvy team owner and focusing on drafting skill positions that have the most dropoff after a certain point.

I think QB and WR are the deepest positions this year. As such, I will be focusing more on drafting bell cow RBs and elite TEs. I think if you hit a home run with both the RB and TE position, the rest will take care of itself. I can name at least 20 combinations each of QB/QB and WR/WR/WR that I can take past the 5th round that will more than hold serve while my stud RBs and TEs differentiate my team from my opponent's.

I also think the unusual depth (parity) at QB and WR additionally make selecting a solid D/ST (or two) even more important (if your league values the position).

That's my strategy this year.

There are defensible arguments for about 20 QBs to be 'top 10'. This year, NFL parity will truly demonstrate that the difference between fantasy points between #1 and #15 isn't going to be nearly as much a factor as (a) injury, and (b} being a savvy team owner and focusing on drafting skill positions that have the most dropoff after a certain point.

I think QB and WR are the deepest positions this year. As such, I will be focusing more on drafting bell cow RBs and elite TEs. I think if you hit a home run with both the RB and TE position, the rest will take care of itself. I can name at least 20 combinations each of QB/QB and WR/WR/WR that I can take past the 5th round that will more than hold serve while my stud RBs and TEs differentiate my team from my opponent's.

I also think the unusual depth (parity) at QB and WR additionally make selecting a solid D/ST (or two) even more important (if your league values the position).

That's my strategy this year.

I think if you have a draft slot that doesnt produce one of forte, mccoy, charles, ap, lacy, graham, calvin, you have to go receiver. They are more certain to be studly than the next crop of rbs. I would draft a receiver and then try to take cameron late third early fourth if you want a top te.

I'm going to have to disagree with this somewhat.

Barring injury, Manning/Brees/Rodgers should put up big points, with one or two others possibly sneaking in close to them. But after that, there's 15-20 QBs that are viable top 10 QBs, so there's no reason to spend a 4 on Stafford when you can spend a 9 on Cutler and a 10 on Rivers (also, don't be one of the last guys to draft a backup QB).

I'm going to have to disagree with this somewhat.

Barring injury, Manning/Brees/Rodgers should put up big points, with one or two others possibly sneaking in close to them. But after that, there's 15-20 QBs that are viable top 10 QBs, so there's no reason to spend a 4 on Stafford when you can spend a 9 on Cutler and a 10 on Rivers (also, don't be one of the last guys to draft a backup QB).

Stafford and all other qbs are falling like rocks in the past few drafts i have done, 7th round for him and luck.

I have been waiting on qb so far, but i may have to alter my strategy. I see brees doing what manning did last year to a degree. I should probably jump on him falling as well, well to the third at least.