Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Ray Rice suspended two games

The NFL has suspended Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice for the first two games of this season following his offseason arrest on an assault charge, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Rice will be fined $58,000 in addition to the two-game unpaid suspension and will be asked by the NFL to take counseling, a league source told Schefter. Rice will be subject to further discipline if he commits any more violations, according to the source.

Rice's suspension will begin Aug. 30, and he will be eligible for reinstatement on Friday, Sept. 12, the day after the Ravens play a Thursday night game in Week 2 against the Steelers.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11257692

He'll be moving up draft boards with this news

I anticipate Ray will be a trendy rnd 2 pick by preseasons end as a boring rb2 workhorse with high rb2 upside.

Baltimore's offense is gonna be awful again. I wouldn't take him for anything higher than a flex, and preferably a 4th.

Baltimore's offense is gonna be awful again. I wouldn't take him for anything higher than a flex, and preferably a 4th.

I think this is true but will get somewhat lost in the shuffle. Truth is Ray looked like crap last year. Yeah he lost weight, but the offense isn't any better as you pointed out. And how often do stud RBs have comeback seasons? Once they lose it, it's gone for the most part.

he is still only 27. there is plenty of tread left. and after a super bowl victory, i expected the ravens to tank.

if B.Pierce lights it up in weeks 1-2, rice will find himself in a timeshare. if B.Pierce tanks, well, Rice will get his touches.

i see the Ravens playing better than last year.

• Like 1

he is still only 27. there is plenty of tread left. and after a super bowl victory, i expected the ravens to tank.

if B.Pierce lights it up in weeks 1-2, rice will find himself in a timeshare. if B.Pierce tanks, well, Rice will get his touches.

i see the Ravens playing better than last year.

Exactly! I completely expected flacco to regress after a huuuuuge payday and sb win. People are acting like Ray is old but hes got 2 years of prime left. People are saying the offense is so bad, but really is it? Pitta is back, I dont see any major changes to the wrs except gaining Smitty who is a savvy vet. The nefl isnt black and white enogh to make blanket statements about a teams talent being equal to its success. any team with good coaching and a good QB has a chance to make a run. Flacco is still good enough to get the job done and the team can make a deep playoff run as easy as anyone really. I fully expect a bounceback year.

• Like 1

He's had a LOT of runs in the last 5 years. I'm not worried about his age as I am about the mileage. Once these little guys start getting nicked up, it's tough to keep them productive because they make their yardage by having everything just right. Big backs can still lean into the line and push the pile if they have nicks and stuff, but if his hip is tweeked, he's not making his cut just right, and he's not all that hard to bring down at 195 lbs. You guys go ahead and take him, but I'm betting he averages somewhere around 3.7 ypc, and that other backs get a bunch of carries as the Ravens experiment.

If only Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon beat women they would still have fantasy relevance.

2 games? What a joke. Players get punished more for hitting each other too hard on the field. I prefer not to root for a player who knocks his fiance out cold. POS

• Like 1

Shocked at the NFL . He misses two games for knocking out his wife . Really? Nope I am not drafting him sorry that's my call .

i will take him in the 3rd if he is still there

I hope people do. Even if you took him in the third last yewr he would have been a disappointment. I dont see a reason not to make the situation closer to rbbc once he comes back from suspension unless pierce is a massive dud.

A big note that i think is significant, without the bears game where rice had a huge day, his stats would have been even more noticeably disappointing. Of course those huge games do appear every year for studs, but for consistency reasons, and for those who value consistency, its something to consider.

Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, Reuben Droughns, Steve Slaton and Arian Foster. These guys have all rushed for a 1,000 yards under Gary Kubiak as either HC or OC.

Other than Portis, none of these guys were household names when they came into the league. Most of the them were absolute no-names.

When it comes to the running game, Kubiak knows what he's doing. Ray Rice will get his this year.

Like a couple of posters mentioned, though, it'll be tough drafting RR knowing I'll have to root for a wife beater.

OK... I'm pretty sure they all rushed for at least 1,200 yards. A couple (possibly more) of them in less than 16 games.

Bottom line is Kubiak is a major upgrade over Jim Caldwell as OC, particularly in the running game.

This is not a surprise. Famous people get away with stuff all the time. It's just the way things are. A lot of football players are very violent luckily for us the nfl keeps them under control to protect the public. There's more Aaron Hernandez's in the nfl then we are aware of for sure ! Thank you nfl for keeping us safe. Lol

The Ravens offense is pretty crappy but they couldn't be as bad as last year so yeah Rice will be a decent rb3 or flex.

Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, Reuben Droughns, Steve Slaton and Arian Foster. These guys have all rushed for a 1,000 yards under Gary Kubiak as either HC or OC.

Other than Portis, none of these guys were household names when they came into the league. Most of the them were absolute no-names.

When it comes to the running game, Kubiak knows what he's doing. Ray Rice will get his this year.

Like a couple of posters mentioned, though, it'll be tough drafting RR knowing I'll have to root for a wife beater.

Has anyone seen what happened inside the elevator. Might have been self defense. She might have lost her mind and he had no choice?

Has anyone seen what happened inside the elevator. Might have been self defense. She might have lost her mind and he had no choice?

Yeah no choice but to knock her the f*ck out....

• Like 1

Ok wait . Are you saying that a man who also is a football player , has a right too hit a woman?

Maybe she's into S&M and asked for it, literally? "Oh, baby, hit me like you used to. Please, baby."

Maybe she's into S&M and asked for it, literally? "Oh, baby, hit me like you used to. Please, baby."

Maybe there is an audio tape of the incident where she says this. If you find it you will be the ray rice vindicator.

Ok wait . Are you saying that a man who also is a football player , has a right too hit a woman?

Whatever story he told Goodell bought and the courts bought. Maybe she was trying to cut her own wrists...who knows. Maybe he had to knock her out. Just speculating. Obviously I don't condone it, unless he had to do it for both their safety.

Whatever story he told Goodell bought and the courts bought. Maybe she was trying to cut her own wrists...who knows. Maybe he had to knock her out. Just speculating. Obviously I don't condone it, unless he had to do it for both their safety.

Had to knock her out for her safety? Come on dude, you don't believe that.

Nope no way did he have to hit her no way .

I think it's a sad thing that happen . And like many other times that something like this happens or g/f stands up for the man for what ever reason . I'm sure some of use have seen this before. So again no way did he have to hit her . Thank about if she had hit her head oh my soul . Sorry but two games just don't cut it . I was thinking for the crime that I saw him do at least no less then half the season . That's my thoughts about this issue done talking about this . Praying for both of them is now the only and best thing anyone can do for them .

"for whatever reason" is typically the fact that she can live the life of luxury instead of being forced to make a living selling shoes at Macy's. Her call.

"for whatever reason" is typically the fact that she can live the life of luxury instead of being forced to make a living selling shoes at Macy's. Her call.

Right^

Thry werent married at the time of the incident. If they were she could then take him to the cleaners for half his shlt.

Ray hits a woman wich isnt legal in any state. Yet Blackmon and Gordon will prob never play again for smoking some weed wich is legal in parts of the country. Gotta love the nfl justice system.

Yeah, the NFLPA has GOT to get weed out of the drug testing in the next bargaining agreement. It's not like it's an enhancer or something. Though, I think Gordon got pulled over for DUI, which SHOULD get a guy suspended. You don't want another Stallworth situation. Anyway, he'll be benched for the first game I have against the guy who drafted him, and he'll be benched for the first game against the Steelers, so I guess it could have been worse.

Yeah, the NFLPA has GOT to get weed out of the drug testing in the next bargaining agreement. It's not like it's an enhancer or something. Though, I think Gordon got pulled over for DUI, which SHOULD get a guy suspended. You don't want another Stallworth situation. Anyway, he'll be benched for the first game I have against the guy who drafted him, and he'll be benched for the first game against the Steelers, so I guess it could have been worse.

No way they get it done, at least not in the next one. Once it becomes legal everywhere they should be able to get it passed. Though is the players union really going to lobby that hard to get weed legalized?

This is not a surprise. Famous people get away with stuff all the time.

Vick got suspended indefinitely and Josh Gordon got suspended for a year.

Had to knock her out for her safety? Come on dude, you don't believe that.

He only got two games and no legal action. Whatever happened I can't believe it was as bad as it looked. They need to release the in elevator footage.

This is coming from a Raven hater. I hate all things raven.

My draft is the 10th. I hope Rice is still there in the fourth. If he isn't then I would expect Spiller or one of the tightends there.

Vick got suspended indefinitely and Josh Gordon got suspended for a year.

Ok thanks for letting me know. Like I said famous people get away with stuff all the time not a secret.

Ok thanks for letting me know. Like I said famous people get away with stuff all the time not a secret.

I don't understand this mentality. It isn't even about a famous person getting away with something because as the previous examples show, famous people have gotten in more trouble for equal/lesser crimes.

I don't understand this mentality. It isn't even about a famous person getting away with something because as the previous examples show, famous people have gotten in more trouble for equal/lesser crimes.

I know in some occasions they have got in more trouble but more times then not they get a slap on the wrist.

It's no secret that in the justice system money has it's greatest leverage. I guess it just seems like they live by a different set of rules. I could be totally wrong but there have been several debates online about this very subject. I think it's more millionaires get away with a lot more then your average joe. Either way it's just my opinion and nothing else. Back to fantasy football sorry for the interuption.