Sign in to follow this  
nospk

Late season bye week players

Is it wise to draft players with the late season bye week? Thinking that by this point your team should be in better odds of playoff contention since you dont need to juggle your lineup as much early in the season and hopefully a better record thus far. Obviously you still make moves all year to fine tune the roster going down into the playoff stretch

Or you could be fighting for your playoff life and faced with having key players on a bye at the worst possible time. I agree with Brutal Brutus. I pay no attention to it at draft time.

I consider bye weeks when drafting, so I dont get to many players at one postion on the same bye weeks.

Mmm like a back up Qb and your starter for example.

But to answer the OP I dont draft a player based on when his bye week is.

Thanks

Or you could be fighting for your playoff life and faced with having key players on a bye at the worst possible time. I agree with Brutal Brutus. I pay no attention to it at draft time.

That doesn't make much sense to me. A win in September is the same as one in November, so if you lost week 4 b/c McCaffrey was on bye that's no different than losing Week 12 with Hunt on bye.

I prefer later byes over earlier ones b/c things change over the course of the year. My Week 12 or 10 byes or whatever might not even be part of my best starting lineup when their bye comes around. Early in the year I'm still figuring out what I've got so more weeks of guys playing is better. Although the late byes after my trade deadline has passed are a bit inconvenient.