Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Ten Days of Concerts - Day 6 (your last concert)

I went to Boulevardia last Friday night, after an afternoon outing of golf and then getting into some beers at the concert turned out to be a pretty good time :cheers:

The headliner Friday was George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. How old is that dude, must be like 75 :bench:

They were good, but ended up getting cut short because of an impending storm. However, the band I preferred that night did impress, the Strumbellas.

If I had posted this topic just a few days earlier I had just taken my 12 and 10 yr olds to Glass Animals, and that was a fantastic show. I'm not sure these guys get the love they do in KC for some reason, but they filled an outdoor venue in the area where I have seen many shows, and you could tell the band was impressed with the turnout. I was impressed with their performance. And had I posted this concert just a week later, my answer would have been Bone Thugs with some high school buddies. I have absolutely been a concert wh0re this year :thumbsup:

Tool at The Gorge yesterday with my kids. Phenomenal show.

April Wine Friday night

Seriously? I won their debut album at a fair throwing ping pong balls into gold fish bowls when I was a teenager with scrotum hair on my chin.

Thought they were all dead.

cowboy mouth- 2002 copper mountain, colorado

Seriously? I won their debut album at a fair throwing ping pong balls into gold fish bowls when I was a teenager with scrotum hair on my chin.

Whose hair?

Do you still keep in contact with the guy that left it there?

I saw Muse in New Orleans about 10 days ago.

I've seen them 10-12 times, and I have to be honest...I was starting to think they were slowing down a little bit. The shows were starting to seem less intense. But with Matt Bellamy and I being about the same age, I was giving them a free pass. Most of those super intense shows were about 10 years ago, and I know I've slowed down a lot from age 30 to 40, so one would expect the same from them.

But we had General Admission Pit tickets. ..and I have to say the show was really intense and left me buzzing with adrenaline...It got me thinking that maybe I thought the shows were becoming less intense as the venues got bigger and I sat in Reserved Seats further and further from the action.

• Like 1

No. Just Canadian.

Seriously. One of the first bands I liked when I got in to Rock music. Power Play was one of the first albums I bought. They're one of those bands that is pretty much defined by their lead singer - He sings, writes most of the songs, plays guitar, etc.....He's ended the band once or twice but they've been back active for the last 10-15 years. They don't do much in the states anymore. If they do they're usually states bordering Canada. So I was happy to see they were playing Vegas. We planned a nice weekend around it. Saw Criss Angel Saturday night as well.

April Wine still sounded good. Recommended for any fans if you have the chance.

My last concert will be Government Mule, hopefully circa 2050.

In a few hours, my last concert will be Barenaked Ladies. :bandana: :headbanger:

Incorrect usage of :headbanger: ...probably should have went with :wall:

My last concert will be Government Mule, hopefully circa 2050.

their new album sounds good :thumbsup:

Springsteen last August. Going to see Mellencamp and J Buffet this summer

Not my last concert but bummed I am not going to see ABB anymore. :cry:

RIP Gregg

Not my last concert but bummed I am not going to see ABB anymore. :cry:

RIP Gregg

You are missing an A at the end of the band name Newbie.

TOTALLY thought of that and was going to make a reference to that. HA. Good job man.

would love to see ABBA

would love to see ABBA

Phag. But we already knew that.

Phag. But we already knew that.

I'm kind of a contradiction wrapped in an anomaly. A kind, gentle man who likes Abba and kittens, who can also shatter your jaw anytime I like.

I'm kind of a contradiction wrapped in an anomaly. A kind, gentle man who likes Abba and kittens, who can also shatter your jaw anytime I like.

Yeah, you got the "contradiction wrapped in a...." saying wrong. It's enigma. What you're saying is gibberish. It's a quote by Winston Churchill describing Russia. You are neither that complex or interesting. Simple actually. Fail on the attempt to be profound.

Yeah, you got the "contradiction wrapped in a...." saying wrong. It's enigma. What you're saying is gibberish. It's a quote by Winston Churchill describing Russia. You are neither that complex or interesting. Simple actually. Fail on the attempt to be profound.

It's my original saying. I'm not a follower, Mr Missionary. hth

It's my original saying. I'm not a follower, Mr Missionary. hth

And it was a dumb saying at that. Glad you admitted it was your own.

And it was a dumb saying at that. Glad you admitted it was your own.

lol. I was really hoping the board drunk would approve.

U2 last night. Opened with the Mount Rushmore of early, SBS, NYD, Bad, Pride, then Joshua Tree, then basically one from every album after. Still rock hard. Great show.

• Like 1

Barenaked Ladies put on a terrific show. It was at a small venue (1200 tickets- sold out). They have such a great repoire with their audience and have a blast performing. They did an awesome medley of songs. 30 second snippets all mixed together. Everything from Barbara Streisand to Justin Bieber. Lasted about ten minutes. Crowd was loving it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Barenaked Ladies put on a terrific show. It was at a small venue (1200 tickets- sold out). They have such a great repoire with their audience and have a blast performing. They did an awesome medley of songs. 30 second snippets all mixed together. Everything from Barbara Streisand to Justin Bieber. Lasted about ten minutes. Crowd was loving it. :thumbsup:

It would be good to have Steven Page come back.

It would be good to have Steven Page come back.

I know. I hope that eventually happens. I heard there's a lot of bad blood, plus Page is bi-polar and quite a handful at times.

I know. I hope that eventually happens. I heard there's a lot of bad blood, plus Page is bi-polar and quite a handful at times.

There is a lot of bad blood. I think that Page is still waiting for his check on the Big Bang Theory song residuals.

U2 last night. Opened with the Mount Rushmore of early, SBS, NYD, Bad, Pride, then Joshua Tree, then basically one from every album after. Still rock hard. Great show.

I was debating going to see them this year. I have seen them a half dozen times going back to the mid 80's, but the stadium tours and the associated hassles turn me off. I am getting old. Get off my lawn!!!

I was debating going to see them this year. I have seen them a half dozen times going back to the mid 80's, but the stadium tours and the associated hassles turn me off. I am getting old. Get off my lawn!!!

If they are still coming around, do it. This was the best concert I have seen them since ZooTV (Achtung Baby). Great video wall behind the band, but other than that it is about the music.

Buddy of mine (a staunch Republican) went to see them in Miami last week. He was psyched. Always loved the band. But this is what he posted on Facebook:

U2 sucks!!! Second half of the concert was a pep rally for terrorists!! Thousands of good Americans walked out! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Twenty minute lecture and video about how Americans should feel about the Middle East while 200 sq ft flags of Muslim faces were passed over the heads of huge sections of the crowd! It was repulsive!!! The Parking lots were jammed while that noise was still billowing out of the stadium!