Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Where do you hold the steering wheel?

I usually have my right hand on the wheel at about 4 o'clock. And then with my left hand I am just absolutely hammering my cack the entire drive.

Ok...maybe not the last part.

The interstate driving I usually have one hand at about 4 o'clock.... if I'm in town usually it's my left hand at 12 oclock turning with both when necessary.

What you got?

Straight Highway run I hold it with my c0ck.

Around town probably 10/5 or just 5

At the bottom, palm up, left hand

What do you do with your right hand is the real question

eat food, talk on phone or use phone for stuff

and also i drive with both hands at the bottom

eat food, talk on phone or use phone for stuff

and also i drive with both hands at the bottom

Is that legal down there ? (Phone stuff)

I usually have my right hand on the wheel at about 4 o'clock. And then with my left hand I am just absolutely hammering my cack the entire drive.

This is the correct answer.

Ok...maybe not the last part.

The interstate driving I usually have one hand at about 4 o'clock.... if I'm in town usually it's my left hand at 12 oclock turning with both when necessary.

What you got?

Do you point the rear view mirror down so that you can watch yourself hammering away?

Do you point the rear view mirror down so that you can watch yourself hammering away?

Only when they play Careless Whisper on the radio.

I've started paying attention to this because my youngest kid just got her permit. For cruising or otherwise unstressful driving I'll typically drive with one hand, either left (8) or right (4). In more traffic I'll move to two hands, 10 and 2. For turning I tend to shuffle my hands vs. cross over, which I think I learned from one of my older kids when they took driving lessons.

I've started paying attention to this because my youngest kid just got her permit. For cruising or otherwise unstressful driving I'll typically drive with one hand, either left (8) or right (4). In more traffic I'll move to two hands, 10 and 2. For turning I tend to shuffle my hands vs. cross over, which I think I learned from one of my older kids when they took driving lessons.

You sound like such an old man. The new philosophy says driving with hands on top of steering wheel increases chances of hands being blown off steering wheel by air bag. Hands below steering wheel is the optimal position. Also, two hands should never be ready required unless the car is out of control.

You sound like such an old man. The new philosophy says driving with hands on top of steering wheel increases chances of hands being blown off steering wheel by air bag. Hands below steering wheel is the optimal position. Also, two hands should never be ready required unless the car is out of control.

Shouldn't your hands be on the wheel? :unsure:

I am old. Get off my lawn, punk. :mad:

I stopped doing the crossover turn and changed to the shuffle turn for that reason. :dunno:

Is that legal down there ? (Phone stuff)

i don't text....well, unless i'm stopped at a light, but often i have to use google maps or talk on the phone and sometimes merge calls.

i don't think it's illegal to use your phone.

i'll take a picture of myself sometimes at a long light.

it's okay to talk and drive on cell phone in GA

oh, but in NJ it's not allowed.

I'm the only geek with a driver? I thought this place was exclusive?

i don't text....well, unless i'm stopped at a light, but often i have to use google maps or talk on the phone and sometimes merge calls.

i don't think it's illegal to use your phone.

i'll take a picture of myself sometimes at a long light.

it's okay to talk and drive on cell phone in GA

oh, but in NJ it's not allowed.

Why do girls do this? The selfie thing.

I mean I get it if you're out looking hot or whatever. But just around the house or in the car... why?

My girl takes at least ten a day. Often insists on both of us being in it.

I really do not understand the need.

Two and Six when in traffic. One hand at six when cruising around in light traffic. Anything between the airbag and the window is asking for trouble in case of an accident.

My old girlfriends father had one leg, so he had an extra gas pedal in his car, to the left of the brake. She would take his car a lot, and a few times when I was driving and she was giving me road head, my left leg would hit that pedal by mistake and make the car accelerate. It was especially hairy around turns when my other foot was off the other gas pedal and covering the brake. Good times.

I'm all over the board I guess.

Mostly just one hand it. Sometimes at 12, 9, 6 or 3.

2 hands when I'm in heavy traffic where being highly defensive is required.

my steering wheel is shaped like a T, with a manual trans. when my left elbow is in the window, my left hand is around 10 or 11. when my left elbow is on the armrest my left hand is at 9 or 8. right hand is often on the stick or near it. two hands on the wheel based on degree of turns. when turning i have been shuffling due to a shoulder injury in October (rotator cuff)...hurts if i go over too far.

OK I just drove and tried to pay attention. Mostly I keep my hands towards the bottom, about 4.5 and 7.5. Mostly one hand although the hand alternates depending on if I'm drinking or playing with my junk.

dang nab it! i am getting old. can someone remind me how to quote from one thread and post it in another?

:dunno: