Sign in to follow this  
Law

Rodgers declares he's medically cleared to return

Not sure I agree with the risk if I'm Green Bay. He was out longer when it was his non-throwing shoulder. Now they may trot him out there after a long lay off and at Carolina? GB has some nice receivers, but that OLine still sucks. Nothing like risking the franchise on the slim chances of a 7 and 6 team with @Caroline and then Minnesota and @Detroit to try to make the playoffs. Team just isn't strong enough to take the risk.

Rodgers on Twitter:

"It's been a long road from that day to this, but I'm happy to say I've been medically cleared to return," Rodgers announced Tuesday night. "Thanks for all the love, support, prayers, and well wishes over the past 8 weeks."

There are only a few you start over Rodgers. Ben, Wilson, Rivers and Cam (Wentz would have been on that list) . Other then those guys Rodgers is a start. I have Rivers so will keep riding him but if I did not I would start Rodgers.

There are only a few you start over Rodgers. Ben, Wilson, Rivers and Cam (Wentz would have been on that list) . Other then those guys Rodgers is a start. I have Rivers so will keep riding him but if I did not I would start Rodgers.

Lol I have Rivers Cam and Rodgers. Destined to pick wrong. (Rodgers owner cut him so I added a couple weeks ago)

If I own Rodgers, and he's with out question playing.

I'm starting him.

• Like 1

As always depends on other options.

Not sure I agree with the risk if I'm Green Bay. He was out longer when it was his non-throwing shoulder. Now they may trot him out there after a long lay off and at Carolina? GB has some nice receivers, but that OLine still sucks. Nothing like risking the franchise on the slim chances of a 7 and 6 team with @Caroline and then Minnesota and @Detroit to try to make the playoffs. Team just isn't strong enough to take the risk.

Rodgers on Twitter:

"It's been a long road from that day to this, but I'm happy to say I've been medically cleared to return," Rodgers announced Tuesday night. "Thanks for all the love, support, prayers, and well wishes over the past 8 weeks."

Not sure where you’re getting your facts, he missed 7 weeks with his left clavicle, 8 weeks with his right.

Also, the Green Bay Dr is one of the most cautious out there. He wouldn’t just throw him out there if he didn’t think the clavicle can handle another hit.

Rodgers is 33, the clock is ticking, he can’t keep on throwing away seasons and hoping for the next year. The NFC is wide open this year especially since Wentz got hurt. Any one team going into the playoffs has a chance.

Green bays playoff chance is actually quite good if (big if) they run the table. I’ve looked at scenarios.

Well, as long as you've looked at scenarios!

As far as winning out - @Carolina, Minnesota, and @Detroit.

And even winning out, they are currently 2 games behind Carolina and 1 game behind both Atlanta and Seattle while tied with Detroit and Dallas.

Just a quite review of that would mean GB would have to win out, have Carolina lose 2 of 3, Atlanta and Seattle both lose at least 1, and hope for best with respect to tie-breakers.

That's a LOT to happen just to get in. But hey, you've looked at scenarios so there is that.

starting over case keenum

something tells me rodgers kills it. he is mad. watch out

Starting him over Rivers.

I too have both Rivers and Rodgers (and Goff), and as of this moment, I'm thinking of going with Rivers just because I feel his floor is more certain than that of Rodgers after a long absence. I may change my mind at some point, but that's where I stand as of now.

It is a really tough call with Cam possible of a monster game at any time. Rodgers has been practicing since last week though, so not buying the rust.

Just going to go with Rodgers based on the years of excellence.

Going with Rodgers over Goff and Garoppolo, match up wise tempted to risk Garoppolo.

But real hard to sit Rodgers. (game is to get to the Superbowl, underdog, so going to

hope on Rodgers magic)

Does this also bring J.Nelson back into the picture? Over T.Hill playing the Chargers?

I hate overthinking playoff starts. grrrrrr

It is a really tough call with Cam possible of a monster game at any time. Rodgers has been practicing since last week though, so not buying the rust.

Just going to go with Rodgers based on the years of excellence.

So Rodgers over Cam? Currently starting Cam, but also struggling with this decision.

Have Rodgers and Burger in both leagues. I'm also going against Brown in both leagues so I'm playing Burger. If I win going into 16 I think Rodgers is going to flame the Vikings for revenge so I will roll him out then.

I am playing Rodgers over Winston and Foles so I am not sure if this helps the cause of the thread, but I am feeling much more confident at the position!

Well, as long as you've looked at scenarios!

As far as winning out - @Carolina, Minnesota, and @Detroit.

And even winning out, they are currently 2 games behind Carolina and 1 game behind both Atlanta and Seattle while tied with Detroit and Dallas.

Just a quite review of that would mean GB would have to win out, have Carolina lose 2 of 3, Atlanta and Seattle both lose at least 1, and hope for best with respect to tie-breakers.

That's a LOT to happen just to get in. But hey, you've looked at scenarios so there is that.

Do you actually think that a franchise as conservative as the Green Bay packers didn't do their due dilegence before making this decision? I think they have a little more information than you and know their probabilitie of making the playoffs.

One of Carolina or Atlanta have to lose 2. If Green Bay wins this week that's one for Carolina. Atlanta loses in New Orleans in two weeks, that's one for Atlanta. Carolina plays Atlanta last week of season. There's the 2nd loss.

As far as Seattle, they could easily lose this week to the Rams. If not they'll lose to Dallas in two weeks with Zeke back

Do you actually think that a franchise as conservative as the Green Bay packers didn't do their due dilegence before making this decision? I think they have a little more information than you and know their probabilitie of making the playoffs.

One of Carolina or Atlanta have to lose 2. If Green Bay wins this week that's one for Carolina. Atlanta loses in New Orleans in two weeks, that's one for Atlanta. Carolina plays Atlanta last week of season. There's the 2nd loss.

As far as Seattle, they could easily lose this week to the Rams. If not they'll lose to Dallas in two weeks with Zeke back

Yeah. It's a longshot. But what else does a team play for but a chance to go to the playoffs?

Go look at the Vegas futures for Green Bay winning the superbowl

They're 25-1....

Guess who else is 25-1.............Kansas City

Vegas has also done their math.

Rodgers is a football player, a competitor . Odds aren't in their favour, but f'n right he's going to suit up

It's a LOT of ifs for GB to just make the playoffs. Their only shot is Rodgers. It seems an 80% healed Rodgers is worth the risk. Because we all know collarbones are not prone to re-injury. Right Romo?

So, I thought he was supposed to officially come off IR today?

Today ishhhh.

I think he will retire after the season.

Last year was is big return and now I can see him hanging it up.

Packers will sit him down the rest of the season. I like that he tried to come back to save the season, but no sense risking re-injury to a top QB in the league in meaningless games.

Shut him down, evaluate your newer players and come back better next year.

if tampa somehow beats falcons then the pack is still in it, right?

i would think, if they are still in it, he plays

if tampa somehow beats falcons then the pack is still in it, right?

i would think, if they are still in it, he plays

I heard on the radio they have been statistically eliminated.

Even if they're still in it, it's not worth risking re-injury for a very slim chance at making the playoffs, where they require help from other teams to get in.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-playoffs-coaching-changes-mike-mccarthy-dom-capers/1jrgobngtwdq91qj5gttnfp6ao

And now to IR.

Interesting.

And now to IR.

Interesting.

Not really. No reason to risk Rodgers, for an eliminated team, with an injury that is not fully healed.

I thought it too risky to play him when they were a long shot but they dodged a bullet.

Not really. No reason to risk Rodgers, for an eliminated team, with an injury that is not fully healed.

I thought it too risky to play him when they were a long shot but they dodged a bullet.

If you read the whole thread, that's exactly why I posted interesting. I said the same, but some people had "scenarios" that said GB was a real contender and there was no risk to Rodgers. That's interesting because they turned out to not be a contender with that added loss and there must be some risk to Rodgers as they shut him down. They needed to win out and get a LOT of help. They didn't.

It was minimal risk of re-injury with potential for him needing a second surgery as the scenario if re-broken. But if eliminated no reason to take that minor risk.