Sign in to follow this  
Phil Simms 11

Jerry Rice says no to Eli

Jerry says NO to Eli

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerry-rice-says-the-pro-football-hall-of-fame-needs-to-leave-out-eli-manning/

Eli Manning hasn't even retired yet, but there's already plenty of debate about whether or not the Giants quarterback belongs in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Although multiple players who are currently in the Hall of Fame believe that Manning will join them one day, Jerry Rice thinks Manning should be left out of Canton.

I think other HOFers seem to support him though

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/02/is_giants_eli_manning_canton-bound_hall_of_famers.html

Anyone here have thoughts on Eli?

I think he gets in if for no other reason than he played in NY and won 2 rings, emphasis on played in NY.

I say he should get in eventually, but not first ballot.

Both title runs were amazing, not your ordinary run of the mill championships.

He was the architect of the greatest upset in NFL history, that counts for something.

• Like 2

QBs with multi rings always make the hall. That precedent is unwavering. Many of them weren't in the top 5 of their era.

Did Jerry Rice say no to ELI when he was in his prime? Its easy to pick on any of these QB's at the end of their careers when their are a shell of themselves and knock them down. Had he made these pronouncments in 2013 I would have actually respected it.

2 rings, huge plays by him to win those rings, comparable numbers. It also matters who you beat on the path to winning those rings.

He's getting in, you can debate it but, you're wasting your breath.

Do I think he's a HOF level qb? No. Absolutley not. Not even top 10 in his era. Will he get in? Yes, thanks to his defensive lines for winning him 2 super bowls.

I’ll say it for like the 5th time. 2 rings and top 10 in passing gets you in regardless of wether you are a hof level QB. Maybe not first ballot, but he gets in. Warner had 3 good seasons and was utter crap the rest.

I’ll say it for like the 5th time. 2 rings and top 10 in passing gets you in regardless of wether you are a hof level QB. Maybe not first ballot, but he gets in. Warner had 3 good seasons and was utter crap the rest.

Heck, Joe Namath is in the HOF. Why not Manning? :dunno:

he was present when the giants defense won 2 rings, and even made a couple of quality throws along the way.

but it ain't the hall of skill--he's making it in.

I think he gets in if for no other reason than he played in NY and won 2 rings, emphasis on played in NY.

I say he should get in eventually, but not first ballot.

Both title runs were amazing, not your ordinary run of the mill championships.

He was the architect of the greatest upset in NFL history, that counts for something.

NY is over represented in the HOF? Nonsense. It took Harry Carson forever to get in. Just as good if not better than Singletary, who got in right off the bat. Many of us think Carl Banks deserves the call. A big part of the best defense of his era. And then there's Bavaro, the original Gronk.

NY is over represented in the HOF? Nonsense. It took Harry Carson forever to get in. Just as good if not better than Singletary, who got in right off the bat. Many of us think Carl Banks deserves the call. A big part of the best defense of his era. And then there's Bavaro, the original Gronk.

Yeah, and then they rename it to the Hall of Futility.

Yeah, and then they rename it to the Hall of Futility.

? You never saw football when it wasn't Pattycake. The problem with fantasy football is it brought all the nerds like you into football and you think because you can regurgitate stats you know something. You don't. And anyone who doesn't think Troy Aikman is a HOF QB fits that bill perfectly.

I agree with Rice. His 2 rings were with I believe 9-7 teams. He had a couple of runs but not HOF worthy.

Ill say it for like the 5th time. 2 rings and top 10 in passing gets you in regardless of wether you are a hof level QB. Maybe not first ballot, but he gets in. Warner had 3 good seasons and was utter crap the rest.

Woah!!!!! Warner had good seasons. No. No. He had 3 HOF seasons.

And Eli warned his way in. Hes sucks now but he shouldve retired.

I agree with Rice. His 2 rings were with I believe 9-7 teams. He had a couple of runs but not HOF worthy.

No

Heck, Joe Namath is in the HOF. Why not Manning? :dunno:

No seriously, has anyone ever stopped and looked at Namaths numbers?

Hes the precedent.

Any QB thats iffy or on the fence, just remember Namath is in. Eli is probably currently better than Namath ever was.

Hes the precedent.

Any QB thats iffy or on the fence, just remember Namath is in. Eli is probably currently better than Namath ever was.

Yep. Allow anyone in. I agree. The Hall of Futile is just what it is.

It was a different league back then is the argument but then I also argue the talent of the QB position is different too. I think Eli would have dominated had he played during Namaths time.

Hes the precedent.

I posted his numbers the other day. Guy played 12 years, in only 2 of them he threw more tds than ints. He is famous for one game, one game!

I posted his numbers the other day. Guy played 12 years, in only 2 of them he threw more tds than ints. He is famous for one game, one game!

He is more famous for his panty hose commercials.

And will likely finish below .500 and with zero other play-off appearances.

2 rings, huge plays by him to win those rings, comparable numbers. It also matters who you beat on the path to winning those rings.

He's getting in, you can debate it but, you're wasting your breath.

Yep. And everyone who made a big play in those games should be in the HOF. Tyree should be in for sure!

He’s going to make it into the HOF.

But it won’t change my life if or if not.

It has nothing to do with me.

But I do think he will make it.

Hes going to make it into the HOF.

But it wont change my life if or if not.

It has nothing to do with me.

But I do think he will make it.

Wow. That is incredible. Thank you so much for that typical crap you spew.

Thank you Jesus.

Bradshaw threw more interceptions than touchdowns and completed 52% of his passes.

Close but not quite. 212 TD, 210 Int

And will likely finish below .500 and with zero other play-off appearances.

Eli made the playoffs in 2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2016. Won ten games in 2010 and didn't get in. He had one of the better 7 year runs in NFL History.

He had a ten win season and didn't make the playoffs. What's your point?

Yep. And everyone who made a big play in those games should be in the HOF. Tyree should be in for sure!

Tyree has comparable HoF numbers?

Dumb.

Numbers and the rings.

HTH

Not good enough to be in the HOF.

He is going to be voted in to the HOF, so in reality it is good enough, at least to the only people that matter, those who are responsible for voting.

Tyree has comparable HoF numbers?

Dumb.

Numbers and the rings.

HTH

You are correct, Just about everything Seafoam posts is dumb...

It is not the hall of If your floor is terrible, you cant get in. 2 SB rings. And he got them by beating the Pats. He is in already.

Hes the precedent.

Namath got in because of his fur coat. Let's not kid ourselves. That thing was legit! :lock:

It is not the hall of If your floor is terrible, you cant get in. 2 SB rings. And he got them by beating the Pats. He is in already.

Manning's floor isn't terrible?