Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

What age is safe for kids to be home alone?

Id say 12 for a half day. Which is what 6th grade?

Prolly 14-15 for a full day or to babysit other kids.

:dunno:

Depends on the kid and if you taught them right.

For the full work day when your at office, 11 to 13 years old. For an hour or so to run to store, 9 to 10 years old.

Funny story...my daughter was home alone...probably 11 or 12. My wife and i and our youngest..9 are coming home from a birthday party. So my wife calls her on her cell phone..to tell her we are on our way home...meanwhile my youngest in the backseat calls the house phone..and does a scary voice and says something like I can see you. My oldest starts screaming...my wife is flipping out..all of a sudden my daughter starts howling laughing in the backseat.

Classic.

My daughter wouldnt stay home by herself for 2 more years

😡

I really dont do the story justice..but it is a regular source of hilarity when family is around

Funny story...my daughter was home alone...probably 11 or 12. My wife and i and our youngest..9 are coming home from a birthday party. So my wife calls her on her cell phone..to tell her we are on our way home...meanwhile my youngest in the backseat calls the house phone..and does a scary voice and says something like I can see you. My oldest starts screaming...my wife is flipping out..all of a sudden my daughter starts howling laughing in the backseat.

Classic.

My daughter wouldnt stay home by herself for 2 more years

😡

I really dont do the story justice..but it is a regular source of hilarity when family is around

That's Great. Huge Daughter props. 😁

11 was about right for ours. Had older babysitting the younger at 12.... not overnight, but significant periods.

Significant periods at 12?

...nah, never mind ..