Sign in to follow this  
pabloneruda

New 32 team IDP, contract dynasty league to start Jan 2014

THE FINAL FRONTIER: A SPACE FANTASY

This is a new league, which as of this writing, has 17 (now 23!) teams signed up. It will start play in early 2014 with the inaugural draft.

League characteristics:

32 teams
Full IDP
One copy of each player
Offense/defense scoring puts defensive players on near equal footing.
Inaugural draft to start in mid-February (maybe mid-January with the active filling of the league)
Contract league with a salary and length of contracts
Contract restructures
Relatively tight salary cap to promote league parity
25 man roster
Rookie Draft

Once a contract is up, you can resign the player, but at an increased salary, so you will be able to keep players, but it will cost you.

Free agent auction bidding will by on the MFL site in increments of $1, and when you win a player, the winning bid becomes his salary. You can choose any length of contract for a player that is won in free agency.

There will be no free lunch, when you cut a player, 1/2 their remaining salary x length is counted against your current year salary cap. So if you own Jamarcus Russel at $3 x 4 years left on the contract, and you cut him, $6 (3 x 4 x 0.5) is applied to you salary cap in the year he is cut.

Players with expiring contracts can be resigned, but at a higher salary, and there will only be a few salary options, meaning, maybe you will be able to sign one to a long contract, but others will only have the option of a 3 year contract or 2 year contract with a $1-$3 bump in their salary. So you will always have a chance to resign all players, but if you do it will cost you, and once we get the cap right it will be a challenge to keep all your players. You will have to make decisions about who to keep and who you will have to let go (just like in the NFL).

PPR, although partial PPR (0.75 PPR for WR, 0.5 PPR for RBs and 1 PPR for TEs)

Augmented DT scoring to put them on equal footing as other defensive players.

Starting lineups

1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 RB/WR flex
1 TE
1 PK
1 DT
1 DE
1 DT/DE flex
3 LBs
1 CB
1 S
1 CB/S flex

I wanted to make it a dynasty league, but a dynasty league that is fair for all with a relatively tight salary cap, so no one can have a truly stud team year after year. If you have a down year, I want it to be possible to rebuild quickly and have a respectable team the following year.

There will be a dispersal draft every offseason, 2 rounds, and each team will make 6 players available to be drafted. If one of your players is drafted, you can protect two of the other players you initially made available in the draft.

League has 18 owners in the first 24 hours I advertised it in one of the leagues I commish, so we only need 14 owners to get rolling.

www32.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/59719#0

Contact me with a brief bio about yourself and your fantasy experience if you are interested.

My email

themojoworkin@gmail.com

Update 12/30- 8 spots left