Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Draft Buddy 2015 Version 1.2 - Projections Updated: 9/8

Draft Buddy - Year No.15 of the DB. Yes, it's been that long!

Most of you know the drill, but here are the basics...

The Draft Buddy is Excel-based fantasy football draft manager. It allows you to create customized cheatsheets for all your leagues and keeps track of your draft on Draft Day.. You can view screenshots of the program here.

System Requirements: The DB program requires a version of Microsoft Excel in order to function. The benefit of Excel is that Draft Buddy is both Windows and Mac compatible, with one exception - Microsoft lost their heads a few years ago and stripped out vital code making the DB incompatible with Mac Office 2008. The good news is, the DB does work with all other versions of Mac Office, including Mac Office 2011.

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order.

Please make sure you are logged in with your FF Today Account BEFORE you make your purchase. It will make the purchase process much easier for you.

Login Help: If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Draft Buddy, please send us an email and we will assist you ASAP.

Product Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send us an email if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

As we've done in the past our Early Bird Price is $12.95 through July 31st ($16.95 after). Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/10) and get you one free entry into our $2500 DB Survivor Contest.

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates. Unscheduled updates will also occur. Rest assured, we'll be on top of everything.

6/4 - Initial release
6/17 - Done
6/25 - Done
7/2 - Done
7/9 - Done
7/16 - Done
7/23 - Done
7/30 - Done
8/6 - Done
8/13 - Done
8/20 - Done

8/24 - Unscheduled (Jordy Nelson) - Done

8/27 - Done

8/30 - Unscheduled (Bryant/Wheaton, preliminary Cobb) - Done
9/3 - Done

9/3, Take 2 - Unscheduled (Brady) - Done
9/8 - Done

Remember, you don't need to download a new copy of the Draft Buddy to get the updates. Simply....

1. Open up the Draft Buddy
2. Click the "action" tab
3. Click the "Update Projections" button
4. Enjoy!

We welcome your feedback on the 2015 version of Draft Buddy in this thread but if you have specific problem or question please start a new thread and we'll be able to respond in a more timely manner. Thanks and happy drafting!

MK

Great to be back :thumbsup:

As always, if you have any questions then fire away and we'll get to them asap.

Hi redleader2. No front-end changes at this time, sorry. Anything you were hoping for in particular?

First projection update is ready! Also, I fixed a couple things, some of which would only hit a very small % of you who downloaded very early on (before these issues were noticed). Version 1.1 notes:

A few small but important fixes that slipped through initial testing. The TE rankings were missing a player. The DL rankings had an error. The labels for the average projections / allocations box weren't updated. The queries to update projections in the .xls version had a conflict with old queries.

Please download the new version. Use the copy league settings on the action tab to copy data from Draft Buddy version 1.0, if applicable.

Don't remember how to update projections?

1. Go to the action tab.

2. Click Update Projections (or Check for Update if you aren't sure if you already have the latest).

3. Once updated, click Compile Cheatsheets*

Note, if you already input keepers, draft picks or draft pick trades or a custom draft order, then make sure the reset settings at the top of the action tab are marked "no" before hitting Compile.

A new version. The .xls one really giving me some problems this year. Think I finally got it figured out though. Version notes...

In the old Excel version (.xls) only, some web queries continued to not update from the prior year and were pulling in prior year projections when updating. This should be fixed at this point. In both versions, some player stats were wrong and are now corrected.

6/25 update is now available. Go to the action tab, hit Update Projections!

Not a lot of news since last week but 7/2 update is in the house! Looks like a few key players like AP and Mike Evans got a bump.

7/9 update is ready. Not a lot of changes since this time last week. Not much news! Gates down, Green up slightly. Some changes to the STL RBs and PIT receivers. Antonio moved JPP down quite a bit given all of the uncertainty about his July 4th accident.

Hey Mike, I downloaded the DB and I keep getting the same error message (Runtime Error 13) when trying to compile cheatsheets. It lets me update projections but not compile the cheatsheets after the projections are updated. I have used the DB for 8 years or so and have never had a problem. I am using a different computer than before but it has Excel 97 and like I said everything works fine except the last step when trying to compile cheatsheets.

Help please?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Jeff. Did you use Excel 97 before? If you have the ability to use a newer Excel for the .xlsm version (Excel '07 or newer) that would be good. Not that the '97 version shouldn't work, but the file is much bigger and I think I've come around to the fact that generally the .xlsm works better/faster because of that.

Anyway, I wonder if that version of Excel is updated. Or you could try re-installing it as that sometimes helps. Do you have the original install discs?

If you want to run it until you get the error, save it right there and send it to me, then I can try to figure out exactly where the error occurred. At a minimum I can run it and send it back to you, and then we'll see if the problem happens again for you.

I sent you the file Mike. Hopefully you can figure out what the problem is. Let me know. Thanks, Jeff.

7/16 projection update is ready. Not many changes given the lack of news (calm before the storm) but a few tweaks plus updated ADP, depth charts.

I sent you the file Mike. Hopefully you can figure out what the problem is. Let me know. Thanks, Jeff.

Glad that was an easy one to fix :)

7/23 projections update is ready. Only one week left until the end of the Early Bird Special!

7/30 update is ready! Le'Veon Bell gets an upgrade! :pointstosky: Tom Brady, you stay where you are! :bench:

Plus some other changes and updated depth charts, ADP, too.

8/13 update is ready. Geno Smith doesn't move - he was already projected lower than Ryan Fitzpatrick. But, some other guys did move. Go get the latest!

8/20 update is ready. Goodbye Kelvin Benjamin :cry: Hello Devin Funchess (up) :mellow: and Corey/Philly Brown and Jerricho Cotchery :unsure: and even Jarrett Boykin :blink: . Hey, stranger things have happened. Boykin was a thing once. You'll notice none are projected with great expectations by any means, so Cam is down.

Other movement: Stafford up, McCoy down, Johnny Stewart up, Abdullah up, Martellus up, Bills QB all over the place ... and who cares except Bills fans like me :wall:

Heath Miller is NOT showing up in the Overall or the Offense. But, he is in TE tab.

Hi hackblack,

Which version of the DB are you using? There was an older version that had a small issue with the TE display... that could be the problem you're running into. Make sure you're using version 1.2. If you do have 1.2, let us know and we'll investigate further.

Hi hackblack,

Which version of the DB are you using? There was an older version that had a small issue with the TE display... that could be the problem you're running into. Make sure you're using version 1.2. If you do have 1.2, let us know and we'll investigate further.

I have 1.2. But, If I need to send you a copy of it, I can do that on Monday.

Sure, send it over when you can. compiler@fftoday.com

It is now up! action tab > Update Projections for the latest projections, plus depth charts and ADP.

Hey Mike,

Hope this post finds all well with you. I just did my latest update of projections for the Jordy injury and I noticed that the adjustments have not been made to the depth charts. I thought I should let you know.

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks Rob for the heads up. That was an oversight. We updated the projections, forgot to change the depth chart. I've changed the Draft Buddy update pages now showing the proper GB WR depth chart.

8/27 update is done. Go to the action tab > Update Projections. Some changes in the Pats receivers, Connor Barth on the move, Le'Veon Bell down (Pouncey) and other changes. Now hold tight for the biggest preseason weekend of the season starting Friday.

Heath is back on the list. Not that I plan on picking him. haha. Great work, as always!

Just posted an unscheduled projection update. Mike K. adjusted for Martavis Bryant and Markus Wheaton, bumped Cobb down slightly based on preliminary (i.e. not very much info) from his injury last night, plus his gut was telling him to move Forte down a bit.

9/3 update is done. Not too many big moves, RB Fred Jackson, TE Julius Thomas down, QB Sam Bradford, QB Kirk Cousins up and a few other changes. Updated depth charts and ADP, too.

Hey, did you hear Tom Brady got his suspension overturned? That makes for our second projection update in the same day. Now updated, hit Update Projections again and you should find Brady right around the 11th spot at QB give or take based on your league scoring system.

Hi Mike, drafting on Labor Day. Do you plan to update the depth charts once the final cuts are made this weekend?

The schedule says Sept 8th, so that would be the Tuesday morning after Labor Day. Unless there is a big surprise, we usually have a pretty good handle on the fantasy impact of large majority of players prior to these final cuts, so not sure there will be an earlier update short of that big surprise cut or news item.

9/8 update is done! Updated projections, depth charts and ADP. Here are some notes from Mike:

Kickers... geez. With all the moves, lots of movement and player adds....

Additions to the depth chart -
K Josh Lambo, SD
K Andrew Franks, MIA
RB Thomas Rawls, SEA
RB Terron Ward, ATL
K Kyle Brindza, TB
RB Jarryd Hayne, SF

Joseph Randle, David Cobb, Brandon LaFell, Zach Ertz on the slide. Josh Robinson, James Jones on the rise. Lot's of riff-raff at the bottom removed.

And there you go. For those still drafting, good luck! Thanks to everyone for supporting Draft Buddy again this year! Have a great fantasy football season!