Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyUtah007

Who to take at pick 4?

After DJ, Bell and Zeke are gone, then who is next in a standard league? I'm thinking either McCoy or Ant Brown. Those are the only two I would currently consider there.

After DJ, Bell and Zeke are gone, then who is next in a standard league? I'm thinking either McCoy or Ant Brown. Those are the only two I would currently consider there.

The next best RB.

At that point and assuming those 3 RB's are gone, I'd take Brown.

Non ppr I would take M Gordon.

In a ppr league I'm going with M Gordon.

I think he's going to have a big season.

Antonio Brown

Take the top WR over a 2nd tier RB

I'd consider Gurley. I expect him to rebound nicely this season.

Non ppr I would take M Gordon.

In a ppr league I'm going with M Gordon.

I think he's going to have a big season.

I do think Gordon isnt a bad pick, but if you are gonna target him, you might want to trade down one to three slots (if you can)

I think you can probably get him anywhere between 5 and 12 (depending on your league)

part of this is also knowing your league.

some guys will almost always go WR in round 1 others will almost always go RB with the odd guy going QB later in round 1.

Take Gordon at this pick.

Take Gordon at this pick.

He wouldn't be a bad pick.

That is Melvin, not Josh :P

This pick is to high for T Gurley.

I would advise against taking Gurley before at least 10 guys, no matter what format.

McCoy, Freeman, Howard, Ajayi, Murray, Miller, Brown, Beckham, Julio, AJ...

Actually, Julio and Howard are good options as they're the catalyst for the offense on their respective teams. I'm not high on Shady at all (age, carries, injury history). Murray is a 2nd rounder. Ajayi and Miller are both interesting, but I don't know if I'd take either at 4. I love OBJ talent but adding Marshall and the TE. It's starting to look like a lot of mouths to feed in that quick throw offense.

Maulers1973, on 17 May 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

I expect a rebound, but not the the point where you should draft him in the first round.

Last year, it was questionable if his numbers warranted an RB2 consideration. A lot of the problem was with a poor line, but an elite RB can overcome a poor blocking line and he clearly didnt get that done last year. I agree the line will be better this year, but it is still a work in progress. I wouldnt be inclined to draft him as a RB1. (which means top 2 rounds) but I would draft him as a RB2 based purely on the improvements on the line.

back to the issue in question..... you need to Keep in mind, we are talking about a top 5 pick overall. It's one thing to overpay and draft him late in round 1 or early in round 2. It's another thing entirely to use a top 5 pick on him.

Gurley should be avoided at this point in the draft at all costs.

If the top 3 RBs are gone then I'm taking the best WR. For me it's AB but for some it may be Jones or OBJ. In a PPR league it's possible one of the RBs slips to 4.

If the top 3 RBs are gone then I'm taking the best WR. For me it's AB but for some it may be Jones or OBJ. In a PPR league it's possible one of the RBs slips to 4.

This is the reason you trade down a couple of slots if you want to take Gordon at 4. I think most people share this opinion.

I think it's a pretty good bet Gordon will be there between 5 and 8 overall. No guarantees of course, but I do believe that if you are targeting him, trading down is a good option for you here.

I'd go with Julio Jones. I don't trust Gordon's body. I know Julio misses some time but Gordon just isn't someone I can trust. I'd go with McCoy if I was to go RB because I think that Johnathan Williams is a clear back up and would be a usable RB2 if McCoy was to go down. I'd handcuff McCoy 100% for sure.

A few reasons I would go with Julio. He is an elite receiver that gives consistent numbers and can tilt your week. I'd like to see his TD total come up. Only score 6 TDs last year. The other BIG reason is schedule, fantasy playoff schedule. NO, TB, NO. That is prime. You likely aren't going to win your league or make the playoffs because of your first round pick. More likely you lose it because of that player. I'll put together a team that will make the tournament and have some tasty match ups when it really counts.

I'd go with Julio Jones. I don't trust Gordon's body. I know Julio misses some time but Gordon just isn't someone I can trust. I'd go with McCoy if I was to go RB because I think that Johnathan Williams is a clear back up and would be a usable RB2 if McCoy was to go down. I'd handcuff McCoy 100% for sure.

A few reasons I would go with Julio. He is an elite receiver that gives consistent numbers and can tilt your week. I'd like to see his TD total come up. Only score 6 TDs last year. The other BIG reason is schedule, fantasy playoff schedule. NO, TB, NO. That is prime. You likely aren't going to win your league or make the playoffs because of your first round pick. More likely you lose it because of that player. I'll put together a team that will make the tournament and have some tasty match ups when it really counts.

What's the story with Jonathan Williams and his DUI/NFL punishment?

I Googled but didn't find a quick result and haven't spent any time on it.

Will he miss time? Do we know when?

Still nothing new on this. For fun I looked at fantasyfootballcalculator and going down the 4 spot by ADP my perfect draft would be....

1 Jones

2 Gronk

3 Brady

4 Coleman

5 Marty Bryant/Benjamin

6 Powell/ McCaffery

7 Gilislee/Perkins

8 Cousins/Rothesburger

9 Top D KC/Denver/Seattle

10 Garcon/ Cam Merideth / Jon Brown

After that I'd take Doyle in 13 as my TE injury protection for Gronk and fill up on my upside RBs Perine, Williams (SF), Williams (GB).

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000808840/article/oneman-mock-draft-demarco-murray-a-firstrounder

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/0ap3000000807204/article/2017-fantasy-football-mock-draft-fabianos-analysis

Here is a link to a couple fantasy mock drafts.

I got them from NFL.com

if you wanna know what the 'so called' experts are saying, this may be helpful to you.

His DUI was last offseason. If he didn't get suspended by now, I doubt it's happening

His DUI was last offseason. If he didn't get suspended by now, I doubt it's happening

The NFL punishment was always considered likely to be in '17 to my recollection. Its why I never picked him up in the dynasty leagues he was on the WW for the off-season.

I don't have a problem with Gurley at 4 if you feel the need to take a RB. After the top 3 RBs they all seem about the same to me. WR Brown, Julio, or Green are all good picks at 4 imo.

Did you indeed see that last season M Gordon avg 19 ppr ff points per game.

He should be gone at this pick.

Just to early for Gurley.

Right now I have M Gordon ranked one spot higher then the Zeke.

No way I'm taking Gurley that high, especially when there's a slight chance he might be available in the second round. One of my most recent mock drafts I was able to get Gurley in the second round drafting from the 5 spot.

I can't see taking Gurley in the first round in any kind of scoring system.

He's a second round pick and no higher.

I can't see taking Gurley in the first round in any kind of scoring system.

He's a second round pick and no higher.

I'm not sold on him at all. I wouldn't take him to be anything more than my #3 RB and #2 Flex option.

I'm not sold on him at all. I wouldn't take him to be anything more than my #3 RB and #2 Flex option.

I like him, but I cant consider him a RB1.

First I will say that a truly elite runner does not need a good line to perform.

Based PURELY on Last year's stats, its even debatable if he should be considered a RB2.

That being said, he was an RB1 the year previous.

The rams line was poor both years, so I am not totally buying the argument that he did poorly because of the line. I have no doubt that the line contributed to the poor performance, but why did he perform poorly this year and like a stud the year prior?

If it comes out that he had an injury last year, I might be willing to buy that as a reason. but the year prior he was coming back from a torn ACL and lit it up big time.

either way, with an improved line, I'm willing to draft this kid as a RB2. For me, that means 3rd round if you consider him a high end RB2. 4th round if you consider him to be a low end RB2.

for me, I'd wait until at least late in the third round before considering him. I'd say the first two rounds are a no go. If you are gonna draft him there, you have to be VERY certain that he will perform as a RB1.

Better to let someone else have him at that point in the draft.

I'm starting to down grade him myself.

I was ranking him as a low rb1.

But I thinking a high Rb2.

Based mostly on two things, one he's good and needs blocking.

And two volume.

I'm starting to down grade him myself.

I was ranking him as a low rb1.

But I thinking a high Rb2.

Based mostly on two things, one he's good and needs blocking.

And two volume.

well, one other thing to consider:

Even if you feel he's a RB1..... Everyone else seems to think hes an RB2 or (in some extreme cases RB3). So why draft him as a RB1 when you can probably get him for the price of a RB2.

I, for one feel that the Rams offense is a gong show that may not yet be over.

in a dynasty league, he still holds lots of value. In redraft, not as much.

I think realistically it will likely take two years for this to fully turn around to a point where Gurley can be a full RB1 again(assuming the Rams do the right things)

but, that is a rather big assumption (in my opinion)

I do think that the coach fully lost support of the team. Maybe the team gave up on him.

you have to ask,

Did Gurley as a player realize that a good season may save the coaches job and make a decision (consciously or unconsciously) to make sure the coach gets axed?

I dont know. Right now it's the most believable explanation. how do you go from being so good one year to being so bad the next?

It's really tough to quantify. And if I knew the answer I'd probably win my fantasy pool next year.

Just based on how the over all look of the Rams going to this season makes me see him more as a rb2.

But his volume and his talent is a hard thing to pass up on.

And the Rams did sign Dunbar who could be used in the passing game.

And the passing game is where I was really looking at Gurley as a rb1.

only four Rbs who rushed for over eight hundred yards last season had more targets then Gurley.

So his growth in the passing game in ppr leagues was one reason I was looking at him has a low rb1, but with Dunbar and the over all lack of support on the Rams I'm looking at a Rb2.

If I'm sitting at No. 5 and Gurley goes No. 4, I'm excited to say the least. There's no way I'm taking Gurley that high.

After top three RB's, I'd prefer Antonio Brown or Julio Jones at No. 4

Mixon

Mixon

If you wanna take Mixon at 4, go right ahead. Any way I can get you to join my league?

• Like 1

If you wanna take Mixon at 4, go right ahead. Any way I can get you to join my league?

Sure Ray..3 time consecutive champ in a 14 team keeper league making bold picks and kicking ass!

Sure Ray..3 time consecutive champ in a 14 team keeper league making bold picks and kicking ass!

Look dude, everyone here claims to be an expert. when I start seeing you give good advice I'll start to believe it.

Look dude, everyone here claims to be an expert. when I start seeing you give good advice I'll start to believe it.

Look, that was maybe a glib and cocky answer with no facts behind it.

I'll apologize for the comment. but I wont delete it.

I dont deny Mixon has top notch talent, but there are questions with him.

you dont draft a guy like him at #4 overall. Even if he has the talent of Zeke, he does not have the line to match..

He also has fumbling issues. which may or may not limit him early in his career.

dont get me wrong, I love the talent, just not at #4 overall. Not in a redraft anyways.

I could see it in a rookie draft.

my other thought is this:

you think he's #4 overall. the rest of the world thinks he's a 3rd round pick (some think hes a 4th). do you take him at #4 overall?

you shouldnt.

you either take him in the second round (to make sure you get him) or you trade down and get him a few picks later. But you dont take him at 4.

My thoughts on the matter.

Keeper/dynasty leagues ARE slightly different in the way these strategies work, and if rebuilding a team from the bottom up, maybe you do take a guy like this at 4. but that is situational and not typical.

• Like 1

Gordon easy, Anthony Lynn is a rb coach, look at what Shady and Gillislee/Karlos did

The Chargers didn't add a RB this off season

Gordon could finish no 1 in standard and ppr

Agree I think M Gordon is the pick.