Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Colts Sign Christine Michael

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000812650/article/indianapolis-colts-add-christine-michael-to-backfield

I know many do not consider this to be a significant signing, but as far as I am concerned when the starter is over 30 years old, you have to think this kid may get a chance to start at some point this year.

Even if he is underwhelming, by midseason, he could be a solid RB3 or low end RB2 on many fantasy teams.

right now I would draft him as a RB4. but the upside is there.

I totally disagree.

He won't be on the team when the season starts.

They have another Rb that goes by the name of M Mack.

It is of he of whom you shall want to draft not the Michaels.

Please don't buy into the mans hype.

He is what we know he is and it's not going to change just because he's on the Colts.

The Packers released him after they drafted two rookie Rbs and that comes on the heels of him having his best season as a pro.

In no way would I buy.

This actually raises my ranking postion of M Mack.

He's not done much as a pro either

I think he is a more professional player all round.

My guts tell me that Michael is a camp body. Obviously if he is on the wire then it doesn't hurt to take a free pick up in that direction, but I certainly wouldn't be giving anything up for him.

I totally disagree.

He won't be on the team when the season starts.

They have another Rb that goes by the name of M Mack.

It is of he of whom you shall want to draft not the Michaels.

Please don't buy into the mans hype.

He is what we know he is and it's not going to change just because he's on the Colts.

The Packers released him after they drafted two rookie Rbs and that comes on the heels of him having his best season as a pro.

In no way would I buy.

This actually raises my ranking postion of M Mack.

This is where I am on Michael as well. The Packers, Cowboys, and Seahawks all dumped this guy... some more than once. There's a reason. I'm not quite sure what it is, but he's a bum. Don't waste a draft pick on him.

This will be the year that C-Mike wins your fantasy football league. The prophecy will be fulfilled.

I dont think so. I said RB3 or low end RB2 upside and I meant it.

This isnt a hype thing it's a whos gonna start if and when the wheels fall off the Gore train.

Weepaws did mention Mack, and he is certainly a possibility.

But CMike did put up Low end RB2 numbers at times last year when he started. I really think that's his upside at this point in time.

But this is one of those players you wanna keep an eye on during camp. I'm not (nor would I ever suggest) that you draft him as a RB2. If you draft him, you do it as an RB4 (or RB5 in deeper leagues). You do not pay for this players upside because there is the possibility that (as Weepaws said) he gets looked over for someone else.

Gore is 34 years old. (born in May 1983) and I honestly don't know that it is reasonable to expect him to start all year long.

There is a good chance that he will either get hurt, or the wheels will fall off and he just wont be effective.

Last year, Gore was the oldest to rush for 1000 yards in the last 32 years (John Riggins was the last one his age or older to do it in 1984)

It is prudent to plan for the possibility that Gore may not finish the year. If you own Gore, you also want his backup. If the backup is unclear, then you better do some digging.

If CMike makes the team, it will be as the backup. If he does not win the backup spot, they will likely dump him. I doubt they would keep CMike on the roster if he cant win the #2 job.

so take your pick. CMike or Mack.

but the backup on this team is where your draft steal of the year candidate is most likely to come from Just because opportunity may be waiting for someone if and when Gore becomes ineffective or gets injured.

Mack is going to be a very good late pickup.

I would like to see news about Gore and his old legs stay quite.

Maybe just maybe someone won't notice.

I think as the season goes on Mack will get more and more work.

He's a very good play maker and he's very good in the passing game and this is a very good fit for him.

Mack is going to be a very good late pickup.

I would like to see news about Gore and his old legs stay quite.

Maybe just maybe someone won't notice.

I think as the season goes on Mack will get more and more work.

He's a very good play maker and he's very good in the passing game and this is a very good fit for him.

This is, (most likely) one of those situations where you watch the training camp reports.

a lot can happen between now and the start of the season. The situation could easily be a mess 4-6 weeks from now. It wouldnt surprise me if the colts made another RB signing in the coming weeks.

This isnt a hype thing it's a whos gonna start if and when the wheels fall off the Gore train.

But CMike did put up Low end RB2 numbers at times last year when he started. I really think that's his upside at this point in time.

But this is one of those players you wanna keep an eye on during camp. I'm not (nor would I ever suggest) that you draft him as a RB2. If you draft him, you do it as an RB4 (or RB5 in deeper leagues). You do not pay for this players upside because there is the possibility that (as Weepaws said) he gets looked over for someone else.

Gore is 34 years old. (born in May 1983) and I honestly don't know that it is reasonable to expect him to start all year long.

There is a good chance that he will either get hurt, or the wheels will fall off and he just wont be effective.

Last year, Gore was the oldest to rush for 1000 yards in the last 32 years (John Riggins was the last one his age or older to do it in 1984)

It is prudent to plan for the possibility that Gore may not finish the year. If you own Gore, you also want his backup. If the backup is unclear, then you better do some digging.

If CMike makes the team, it will be as the backup. If he does not win the backup spot, they will likely dump him. I doubt they would keep CMike on the roster if he cant win the #2 job.

but the backup on this team is where your draft steal of the year candidate is most likely to come from Just because opportunity may be waiting for someone if and when Gore becomes ineffective or gets injured.

This. Exactly this. Right now that backup role is 50-50. But honestly when you look at Cmike's recent history you have to think that Turbin is more likely to make the final roster.

Unless Gore really stinks it up in camp (unlikely because he is a true competitor) I think the change in guard will have to wait until October. By then I think Micheal is elsewhere.

Turbin did beat out Cmike in Seattle. CMike is more explosive, but Turbin is a far better blocker in pass protection. Cmike cannot cannot be trusted to follow his blocking assignments. Consider that Luck is less mobile than Russel Wilson or Rogers, and I think it is a bad fit. I doubt Cmike is on this roster after the final roster cut if Gore is still on it. I think he's just insurance.

Turbin will be backing up Mack at some point this season.

I only draft players with burst so C-Mike is the only Colts RB I will consider drafting.

Michaels is on the team to fill a void at Rb right now.

Gore isn't going to practice with those 34 year old legs.

I don't think any player is worthy of a draft pick even if they do have burst when they are no longer on a team.

Low RB2 numbers when he started? Go back and look at that again. He was an RB1 the first 5 weeks of the season.

Low RB2 numbers when he started? Go back and look at that again. He was an RB1 the first 5 weeks of the season.

I was looking at the whole body of work. he was an RB1 for a couple games early (I think week 3,4, and 5) and otherwise he was an RB2/3 for the rest of the year.

I think overall he was a low to middling RB2.

He was done way before he was injured.

one small obstacle out of Mack's path to a starting job. Time to fire up the Mack Hype train

Welcome aboard.

Mack just went 2.07 in a 12 team rookie ppr draft. I think it was too early personally, but I get wanting to get in on the Gore replacement.

Guru you are indeed the Conductor of the Mack attack train.

Every year someone tries to replace Frank Gore, and every year they fail. I'll be fine be late to the party. I'm betting on Gore.

How did Cmike get hurt? Did he blow out an acl in OTA's or something? Bizarre!!

Mack just went 2.07 in a 12 team rookie ppr draft. I think it was too early personally, but I get wanting to get in on the Gore replacement.

Too early? I dont think so.

On my list, he's one of the first picks of round 2. And that is where I would take him.

I also think that with CMike gone, his ADP will continue to creep up. Not sure if it will creep up to the point where he is a first round rookie pick, but It will be close.

Every year someone tries to replace Frank Gore, and every year they fail. I'll be fine be late to the party. I'm betting on Gore.

if he runs for 1000 yards this year, he will be the oldest RB to do it I think.

Last year Gore was the oldest RB to rush for 1000 yards in over 30 years.

what are the odds he has one more 1000 yard year in him?

He's 34 right now.. for RB's the wheels normally fall off at around 30 or 31.

I dont mind grabbing Gore if I can get him on the cheap. but I'm not paying full value for a 34 year old player. and if you grab him, I think Mack is a must have handcuff.

Guru you are indeed the Conductor of the Mack attack train.

Let's be clear about one thing: I don't expect his real impact to come until 2018.

Of course, some of us Mack supporters have to put up with this talk about Robert Turbin looking good this offseason :rolleyes:

Agree 2018 is where we will see his true impact.

I'm buying Gore , but like Ray it's going to be cheap.

I'm not sold on a 34 yr old Rb staying strong a whole season.

Mack indeed has the talent and the ability to fit into the Colts system.

I'm more inclined to take Mack cheap and pass on Gore.

But in a keeper league I'm looking at Mack very early.

Let's be clear about one thing: I don't expect his real impact to come until 2018.

Of course, some of us Mack supporters have to put up with this talk about Robert Turbin looking good this offseason :rolleyes:

Doesn't Turbin look great every offseason?

I swear, he must be a training camp champ. perfoms at a high level in camp. Regular season starts..... and Crickets.....

Every year. I swear.

Doesn't Turbin look great every offseason?

I swear, he must be a training camp champ. perfoms at a high level in camp. Regular season starts..... and Crickets.....

Every year. I swear.

Exactly my point with the eyeroll.

interestingly enough, the more tape I see on Mack, the better I like him. I'm lucky in the sense that all of my drafts happen a lot closer to the beginning of the regular season, so I have the luxury of finding out how he has done in camp.

If he beats out Turbin for the backup Job (and I think the chances are good) I think he will be a must own handcuff to any Gore owners.

I think it is important to go into this year with our eyes wide open regarding Mack. He bounces a lot of runs outside b/c he knew he could at USF. He's a big-play back who is very good in the passing game, but that is all he is at the moment. Training camp/preseason should be telling as to whether or not he is willing to run in between the tackles consistently. If he can, the Colts have their successor to Gore.

I think it is important to go into this year with our eyes wide open regarding Mack. He bounces a lot of runs outside b/c he knew he could at USF. He's a big-play back who is very good in the passing game, but that is all he is at the moment. Training camp/preseason should be telling as to whether or not he is willing to run in between the tackles consistently. If he can, the Colts have their successor to Gore.

as for bouncing east west instead of North south? This is coachable.

honestly, the only real concern I have with him is ball security.

He will probably also need more time to get up to speed on the blocking schemes too.

Is he ready to start week 1? I'd say no.

but he may be ready for week 5 or 6 (or anytime thereafter)

Even if the wheels fell off the Gore wagon right away, I dont see them Benching him for AT LEAST 3-4 weeks.

I could see this year starting as a committee if Mack does everything right, but I still think this is Gore's job to lose.

If Mack starts in the first half of the season it's because Gore got hurt, or Gore was extremely bad for at least 3-4 weeks in a row.

I still think he's a good late pickup for your bench and that's what I'm aiming for with this kid.

Gore looks at all of you and laughs​ as he plods along to 79 yards a game a 5 tds

as for bouncing east west instead of North south? This is coachable.

honestly, the only real concern I have with him is ball security.

He will probably also need more time to get up to speed on the blocking schemes too.

Is he ready to start week 1? I'd say no.

but he may be ready for week 5 or 6 (or anytime thereafter)

Even if the wheels fell off the Gore wagon right away, I dont see them Benching him for AT LEAST 3-4 weeks.

I could see this year starting as a committee if Mack does everything right, but I still think this is Gore's job to lose.

If Mack starts in the first half of the season it's because Gore got hurt, or Gore was extremely bad for at least 3-4 weeks in a row.

I still think he's a good late pickup for your bench and that's what I'm aiming for with this kid.

Again, I pretty much agree with everything here. He's not overtaking Gore. The most optimistic I'm willing to go with him is a split backfield by December (and I traded up to 1.11 to get him in my rookie draft), and that is only if Gore has fallen off a cliff.

I think people are being too quick to write off Turbin.

He knows the system and has some level of trust from the coach.

If Gore gets hurt or looks broken down, I think it really depends on the Colts W-L record at the time. If they are bang in the hunt, I think they go with the vet in Turbin.

if he runs for 1000 yards this year, he will be the oldest RB to do it I think.

Last year Gore was the oldest RB to rush for 1000 yards in over 30 years.

what are the odds he has one more 1000 yard year in him?

He's 34 right now.. for RB's the wheels normally fall off at around 30 or 31.

I dont mind grabbing Gore if I can get him on the cheap. but I'm not paying full value for a 34 year old player. and if you grab him, I think Mack is a must have handcuff.

Depending on the flow of the draft, I'd take Gore as my RB3 (preferably RB4). To me, that's 7th or 8th round. I'm ok with that. If I can get Mack as my RB5, then ok, otherwise, I'm fine letting him go to someone else.

Depending on the flow of the draft, I'd take Gore as my RB3 (preferably RB4). To me, that's 7th or 8th round. I'm ok with that. If I can get Mack as my RB5, then ok, otherwise, I'm fine letting him go to someone else.

and that would be the right price.

I doubt you'd be able to get gore as a RB4, but RB3 is reasonable.

you buy him as a RB1 or RB2 you are playing with fire.