Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Should the Boy Scouts accept the gheys?

Half the kids and troop leaders in the Boy Scouts are closet homosexuals anyways.

Of course. The same is true of hyper-conservative Republican Senators. Whatever group is protesting against gheys the loudest, you can bet the secretly yearn to join in.

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

-William Shakespeare, Hamlet

I was married to a mormon for 11 years and can say Scouts is almost mandatory for all kids of age. They do seem to have a monopoly on Scouts right now

My condolences. :(

Lose their tax exempt status.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think the Scouts or any organization should be allowed to restrict membership any way they want. I don't think they should also be allowed to ask taxpayers to bankroll them.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think the Scouts or any organization should be allowed to restrict membership any way they want. I don't think they should also be allowed to ask taxpayers to bankroll them.

I'm sure there are a lot of 501©(3) organizations out there that only accept or assist blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Muslims, etc..., and I have no problem with them being tax exempt as long as they serve a legitimate purpose. I don't feel like I'm "bankrolling" them.

I'm sure there are a lot of 501©(3) organizations out there that only accept or assist blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Muslims, etc..., and I have no problem with them being tax exempt as long as they serve a legitimate purpose. I don't feel like I'm "bankrolling" them.

I think most of those organizations are business rackets too. :dunno:

Exactly how do taxpayers "bankroll" the Boy Scouts?

Exactly how do taxpayers "bankroll" the Boy Scouts?

It's the liberal mindset. If you aren't paying the government a tithe, you are "bankrolled." HTH

It's the liberal mindset. If you aren't paying the government a tithe, you are "bankrolled." HTH

A lot of these organizations like the scouts are sitting on millions of dollars of tax-free real estate. I don't think they should be allowed to restrict membership based on sexual orientation while also enjoying tax exempt status. They're being bankrolled by the tax payers who fund all of the public services they enjoy for free.

What kind of society do you think we would have if there were NO taxes? None at all. No government services. No government, period.

OK, so we agree that some taxes are necessary, right? You probably want a lot less, but still we can agree that there should be some.

So, to get back to the issue at hand, taxpayers "bankroll" the Boy Scouts because normally the Boy Scouts would be paying taxes on their economic activity and holdings. Since they are tax exempt they don't pay. Which means that YOU, my friend, have to pay slightly more to compensate.

How is that a "liberal mindset"? :blink:

What kind of society do you think we would have if there were NO taxes? None at all. No government services. No government, period.

OK, so we agree that some taxes are necessary, right? You probably want a lot less, but still we can agree that there should be some.

So, to get back to the issue at hand, taxpayers "bankroll" the Boy Scouts because normally the Boy Scouts would be paying taxes on their economic activity and holdings. Since they are tax exempt they don't pay. Which means that YOU, my friend, have to pay slightly more to compensate.

How is that a "liberal mindset"? :blink:

That's a gigantic red herring, and you are proving my point. Compensate for what? It is a charitable organization, designed by structure to not make money for its owners.

</h2>

<h2>Exemption Requirements - Section 501©(3) Organizations

To be tax-exempt under section 501©(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501©(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

Organizations described in section 501©(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations. Organizations described in section 501©(3), other than testing for public safety organizations, are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.

The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501©(3) organization's net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.

Section 501©(3) organizations are restricted in how much political and legislative (lobbying) activities they may conduct. For a detailed discussion, see Political and Lobbying Activities. For more information about lobbying activities by charities, see the article Lobbying Issues; for more information about political activities of charities, see the FY-2002 CPE topic Election Year Issues.

Of course. The same is true of hyper-conservative Republican Senators. Whatever group is protesting against gheys the loudest, you can bet the secretly yearn to join in.

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

-William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Correct. And those that are screaming the loudest about Jerry Sandusky's guilt are creepy kid touchers who have a rolodex full of children they played turkeyfoot with.

That's a gigantic red herring, and you are proving my point. Compensate for what? It is a charitable organization, designed by structure to not make money for its owners.

</h2>

Are Boy Scout employees paid? Do their facilities cost money to own and operate?

Are Boy Scout employees paid? Do their facilities cost money to own and operate?

I would presume that there are paid employees in the organization, and that their facilities cost money to own and operate. But you probably already knew that. So... what is your point? :dunno:

So the right wants gays out of scouting because they are gay. Got it. Perhaps you could explain why you want in so badly.

What should be banned the groups who feel the need to force sexuality into places it doesn't belong.

Its personal, we dont care, keep it out of our childrens upbringing you fockin weirdos.

When people become adults they can do what the fock they want.

Leave the kids alone.

I would presume that there are paid employees in the organization, and that their facilities cost money to own and operate. But you probably already knew that. So... what is your point? :dunno:

Rather than arguing the semantics of who ultimately pays for their tax breaks, let's cut to the chase. When a tax exempt institution practices contrary to public policy, like discriminating based on sexual preference, the government can and should remove this privilege.

Rather than arguing the semantics of who ultimately pays for their tax breaks, let's cut to the chase. When a tax exempt institution practices contrary to public policy, like discriminating based on sexual preference, the government can and should remove this privilege.

No question about it, and all it will take is a majority of congress to vote for gays over the boy scouts.

Clang, Clang, Clang went the trolley :unsure:

The Catholic Church does not allow gay priest. Should they also lose their tax exempt status? :rolleyes:

This issue isn’t about lifestyles, except to the extent that it is about privacy, and by extension the private choices of what is a faith-based organization known as the BSA. Scouting isn’t about all comers getting to do whatever they want, however they want, whenever they want. It is about a core of timeless values, and if people do not share those values, they ought to look to join a different organization. There are plenty of others that focus on other ideas.

The Catholic Church does not allow gay priest.

:lol:

:lol:

Alright, I'll rephrase that...openly gay priest. :music_guitarred:

Alright, I'll rephrase that...openly gay priest. :music_guitarred:

Nope, the Catholic Church doesn't allow openly ghey priests.

But pedos are fine. They just get a regular transfer to a new parish. :banana:

So pedophiles are gay now ?

The pedophiles in the Scouts and the Catholic Church are all very "straight."

Congrats on keeping the openly queer types out, that's been a whole bunch of help.

The pedophiles in the Scouts and the Catholic Church are all very "straight."

Congrats on keeping the openly queer types out, that's been a whole bunch of help.

um I think they are probably gay if they dig the same sex.

They should all be kept out.

And all those enabling dirtbags in the catholic church up to the pope should be rotting in prison.

um I think they are probably gay if they dig the same sex.

They should all be kept out.

And all those enabling dirtbags in the catholic church up to the pope should be rotting in prison.

This. :thumbsup:

Public policy? :rolleyes:

I wasn't trying to argue semantics. I'm pretty sure that employees of non-profits pay taxes on income just like employees of for-profits. Hence my confusion about your question.

Agreed, those heteros are forcing their sexual agenda on children.

Sickos

:rolleyes: you focking people are a disgrace. the whole world has lost their minds.

so, no they shouldn't. why should a group for boys have to pander to a bunch of perverts?...and be subject to their focking agenda? gimme a fockin break.

What should be banned the groups who feel the need to force sexuality into places it doesn't belong.

Its personal, we dont care, keep it out of our childrens upbringing you fockin weirdos.

When people become adults they can do what the fock they want.

Leave the kids alone.

exactly. why as a focking society do we need sh;t like a LGBT night at the ball park? i don't need a night for hetero S&M either....just keep that sh;t private. why do we have to expose kids to any of it??? it's a sick agenda i don't understand.

exactly. why as a focking society do we need sh;t like a LGBT night at the ball park? i don't need a night for hetero S&M either....just keep that sh;t private. why do we have to expose kids to any of it??? it's a sick agenda i don't understand.

Because the insecure predetors need validation.

The Boy Scouts are more ghey then the homosexuals have ever been. Lets all go camping and then we will all get naked and take a bath together in the lake. Nope, not ghey at all? :dunno:

The Boy Scouts are more ghey then the homosexuals have ever been. Lets all go camping and then we will all get naked and take a bath together in the lake. Nope, not ghey at all? :dunno:

Glad I wasn't in your troop.

Glad I wasn't in your troop.

:dunno: so you deny the Boy Scout group bathing rituals? Or did you simply put this memory so deep in your subconscious mind that it has seemed to vanish? :lol:

exactly. why as a focking society do we need sh;t like a LGBT night at the ball park? i don't need a night for hetero S&M either

Says you :angry:

When I was in the boy scouts god knows I could have cared less about the sexuality of my friends. To be honest, if you join in say elementary school I'm not sure I could even tell if another kid was gay. If you grow up with these friends in your troop then why would you care if your friend was gay? I think the parents and adults in this matter are making way too big a deal about it.

When I was in the boy scouts god knows I could have cared less about the sexuality of my friends. To be honest, if you join in say elementary school I'm not sure I could even tell if another kid was gay. If you grow up with these friends in your troop then why would you care if your friend was gay? I think the parents and adults in this matter are making way too big a deal about it.

Want to know how to tell if a Boy Scout is ghey? He's wearing khaki shorts and a focking scarf. :doh:

Public policy? :rolleyes:

I wasn't trying to argue semantics. I'm pretty sure that employees of non-profits pay taxes on income just like employees of for-profits. Hence my confusion about your question.

You don't think policy is constructed to limit discrimination based on sexual preference? While it is mostly geared towards employment, there are other instances including military service, housing, education, medical care, etc. where laws exist to deter this type of behavior. A private organization can be exclusionary, of course, but should do so without the benefit of special tax breaks.

Precedent for this type of action exists:

Bob Jones University v. United States, 461 U.S. 574 (1983), was a decision by the United States Supreme Court holding that the religion clauses of the First Amendment do not prohibit the Internal Revenue Service from revoking the tax exempt status of a religious university whose practices are contrary to a compelling government public policy, such as eradicating racial discrimination.
One could argue the Boy Scouts are quite similar to a school, with an educational and recreational component. Others will insist it is different, and that other non-profits who are out-of-line with public policy receive tax breaks (ex. NORML).

Want to know how to tell if a Boy Scout is ghey? He's wearing khaki shorts and a focking scarf. :doh:

And he sews patches on to a sash and then wears said sash with pride.