Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

Another pressure situation for Romo.

It's because of the practice facility collapsing.

not to make light of a bad situation, but I guess Dallas is only used to stuff collapsing in December/January, not in May. :shocking:

It's because of the practice facility collapsing.

I didn't know Romo was responsible for that.

I didn't know Romo was responsible for that.

Well he does have something in common with the new facility.

Are you focking with me? Did I really have to explain that?

There is relatively an easy solution to the Romo problem: don't put too much on his plate.

At this point, Dallas could use Parcells right now. You know Big boobed Bill would be implementing a gameplan built on the run and solid defense.

No excuses why Dallas shouldn't be a running team. Two solid backs, a solid offensive line, and a defense that keeps you in ballgames.

It's football 101: control field position and the clock, manage the offense and minimize turnovers, and force turnovers playing a bend but don't break defense.

It is my contention that the further away Phillips gets from the offense, the more it gives license for Garrett to mess up the offense.

He's a mediocre OC at best.

There is relatively an easy solution to the Romo problem: don't put too much on his plate.

At this point, Dallas could use Parcells right now. You know Big boobed Bill would be implementing a gameplan built on the run and solid defense.

No excuses why Dallas shouldn't be a running team. Two solid backs, a solid offensive line, and a defense that keeps you in ballgames.

It's football 101: control field position and the clock, manage the offense and minimize turnovers, and force turnovers playing a bend but don't break defense.

It is my contention that the further away Phillips gets from the offense, the more it gives license for Garrett to mess up the offense.

He's a mediocre OC at best.

Agree almost completely here...except the Pokes have 3 good RB's (BarberIII, Felix Jones and Choice). If the pull their heads outta their collective ass long enough to realize if they would just turn into a ball control offense featuring the run they're probably, as much as I hate to admit it, a SB quality team, even without TO. Give the Romo less responsibility and the defense less time on the field and reap the rewards. let's hope that Jerry and Garrett continue their Al Davis path to madness and don't figure all this out.

Agree almost completely here...except the Pokes have 3 good RB's (BarberIII, Felix Jones and Choice). If the pull their heads outta their collective ass long enough to realize if they would just turn into a ball control offense featuring the run they're probably, as much as I hate to admit it, a SB quality team, even without TO. Give the Romo less responsibility and the defense less time on the field and reap the rewards. let's hope that Jerry and Garrett continue their Al Davis path to madness and don't figure all this out.

pretty much.

tho i just dont see it happening.. Jerry loves his teams to have a little flash and ball control teams don't have that.

but it is exactly what they need and they already have the pieces for it.

As a Philly fan, the guy who scares the bejesus out of me is Felix Jones. IMO, if he stays healthy next year, he'll bust out in a big yardage way.

As it stands, I think the class of the division is Philly and NY, but Dallas and Washington are both good enough to take it (with help along the way).

It truly is the NFC Beast.

As a Philly fan, the guy who scares the bejesus out of me is Felix Jones. IMO, if he stays healthy next year, he'll bust out in a big yardage way.

As it stands, I think the class of the division is Philly and NY, but Dallas and Washington are both good enough to take it (with help along the way).

It truly is the NFC Beast.

i think the Iggles run is this year, maybe next year, or never. They were close last year. But that NFC East was a beast last year and I'm damned glad they're not on the Steelers schedule again this year because that was a brutal gauntlet to have to run. The bad part is that between those teams (particularly Philly, NYG and Dallas) they're going to beat the snot out of each other year and may not have enough gas left at the end.

i think the Iggles run is this year, maybe next year, or never. They were close last year. But that NFC East was a beast last year and I'm damned glad they're not on the Steelers schedule again this year because that was a brutal gauntlet to have to run. The bad part is that between those teams (particularly Philly, NYG and Dallas) they're going to beat the snot out of each other year and may not have enough gas left at the end.

On paper, the Eagles look real good. People can't forget the fact that the Andrews' brothers are both coming back from injury, as well as Jason Peters. There is no assurances those guys will be completely healed come the opener (although Shawn Andrews is healthy at this point, physically and mentally).

I'm not worried about the Birds at the end of the season because they have such a great record at the end of seasons (sans the SB and championship games).

Word out of the first mini camp is that Maclin is the real deal. Quick, smooth, hard working, very coachable, intelligent with good hands. The Raiders really focked up there.

As big a game can be in September.

Division rival + Home Opener in front of 100,000 bandwagoneer fans = FAIL!!!

This guy is such a choker.

:pointstosky:

I guess if your favorite team gets blown the fock out, the only thing you got left is to player hate somebody else.

I guess if your favorite team gets blown the fock out, the only thing you got left is to player hate somebody else.

Where is the hate? The facts speak for themselves.

Keep on topic

:music_guitarred:

Why wasn't this thread bumped last week?

Because a non-divisional September game isn't that big a deal. Therefore Romo plays well.

You following the pattern yet?

I've been trying to ease off of him but he looked baaaaad last night. Can't blame the loss on him alone, the defense did their part to lose the game too. And Patrick Crayton sucks.

Monday night Bump

Will he sh1t the bed tonight vs a bad Carolina team?

every game is a big game in the NFL... sure some are bigger like big time rivalries and such but this isn't MLB or the NBA with tons of game. 16 games on the season and you usually have to win at least 9 to have a shot at the playoffs. Hell, 11 wasnt good enough for the Pats last year.

I just personally don't think Romo is that good. I can't help but feel that from day 1 he was force fed the starter job and force fed to us fans. Now, he is a decent QB, but he isn't a great one. I think some of that gets clouded in his celebrity GF's, the fact that he plays in Dallas, and plays with a good o-line and has always had tons of weapons so he can put up a good stat line...

Wow. 3 fumbles (2 lost) and an interception. Dallas really needs to make a change at QB if it's ever going to make a deep playoff run. He's just brutal!

Congrats or finally getting a playoff win last week, but Christ almighty, 1 out of 4 is pathetic.

And it's not just losing, it's HOW he's losing. He's a scared, rattled turnover machine.

Congrats or finally getting a playoff win last week, but Christ almighty, 1 out of 4 is pathetic.

Yeah, but he played against a banged up Eagles team. Don't give him too much credit.

Wow. 3 fumbles (2 lost) and an interception. Dallas really needs to make a change at QB if it's ever going to make a deep playoff run. He's just brutal!

And it's not just losing, it's HOW he's losing. He's a scared, rattled turnover machine.

It's quite exquisite to see people react to Tony Romo. Last week, he was the best and McNabb was the worst. This week, Romo was the worst and Favre was the best.

The common denominator? Pass rush.

New season, same story for Tony Choke-mo and the Dallas Chokeboys. :pointstosky:

Yeah, but he played against a banged up Eagles team. Don't give him too much credit.

I agree. Beating the Eagles who have never done a thing in their entire franchise history is nothing to be proud of year, even in one of their better years. :pointstosky:

I agree. Beating the Eagles who have never done a thing in their entire franchise history is nothing to be proud of year, even in one of their better years. :music_guitarred:

I believe they won at least one championship (yes, the Super Bowl is the championship of the league), they have been to two Super Bowls, have won at least 2 conference championships, and have won a few divsion titles.

Is that the definition of 'none'?

Newbie come on. The guy was hurried every play. Sacked 6 times, and hit about 15 more. The int was bad, but hell he had to pump twice because of pressure. He's 1-3 in playoff games. Played fine in seattle, not real great at home vs super bowl champs (giants) and lost to a great team today. Bottom line is this- the Vikings were better today and look how many qb's struggled in playoffs, manning threw what 2 picks with one getting called back due to some holding call, brady had how many turnovers? Again, teams win, teams lose. Romo wasn't the cause nor was he the cause last week when they won.

Newbie come on. The guy was hurried every play. Sacked 6 times, and hit about 15 more. The int was bad, but hell he had to pump twice because of pressure. He's 1-3 in playoff games. Played fine in seattle, not real great at home vs super bowl champs (giants) and lost to a great team today. Bottom line is this- the Vikings were better today and look how many qb's struggled in playoffs, manning threw what 2 picks with one getting called back due to some holding call, brady had how many turnovers? Again, teams win, teams lose. Romo wasn't the cause nor was he the cause last week when they won.

I love the way people give Tony a pass. The guy was responsible for 3 turn overs so he was a big part of this loss. Any QB (including back ups) can complete passes when they have time, the true measure of a QB is how he plays under pressure.

The Cowboys to a man were beaten yesterday. In reality, no one player should shoulder the blame for what happened. Both lines got handled (particularly the Dallas o-line) and the skill position players for Dallas didn't play well (sans Witten).

Sure, Romo didn't have a great game. But, his line did him no favors. It was just a case of the better team dominating the lesser team.

6-8 week vaginal injury bump

:wave:

but he is still the best QB in the NFC East.

No way.

Ron Mexico

:pointstosky: