Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

Thinking of benching Megatron

Is this foolishness talking or am I looking at the facts (tough match up in Patriots, very cold outside with up to 32 mph wind gusts, megatron is not fully healthy ) and making a wise decision?

Am I crazy to even think about benching the best Wr in the NFL?

On a personal note...

it helps to have a bevy of WR stars as I do, and only 3 can play:

Evans

Beckham

Benjamin

Flash Gordon

Sammy Watkins

Megatron

What say ye?

I am rolling with LaFell in some Fanduel matchups but he's got Brady throwing to him.

In FF; I'm benching Taint in both leagues as he's being shadowed by Reevis.

I am rolling with LaFell in some Fanduel matchups but he's got Brady throwing to him.

In FF; I'm benching Taint in both leagues as he's being shadowed by Reevis.

Do you consider Reevis the best NE cornerback?

Is this foolishness talking or am I looking at the facts (tough match up in Patriots, very cold outside with up to 32 mph wind gusts, megatron is not fully healthy ) and making a wise decision?

Am I crazy to even think about benching the best Wr in the NFL?

On a personal note...

it helps to have a bevy of WR stars as I do, and only 3 can play:

Evans

Beckham

Benjamin

Flash Gordon

Sammy Watkins

Megatron

What say ye?

Ok with me

Ok with me

Really! The experts are telling me not to, that he is a top 10 wr this week. Do We know more than the experts? Lol

Where you getting your forecasts from, Tennis? According to NOAA, the report is sunny, 53 degrees, with light SW winds 7-9 mph.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.06537716800045&lon=-71.24782575599966&site=all&smap=1#.VHD_PjTF_Ak

You should start benjiman. I bet he scores lots from his home.

I think you should sit Megatron. Especially if I were playing you.

Lol. I like your style.

Where you getting your forecasts from, Tennis? According to NOAA, the report is sunny, 53 degrees, with light SW winds 7-9 mph.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.06537716800045&lon=-71.24782575599966&site=all&smap=1#.VHD_PjTF_Ak

I pulled up weather channel and typed in Chicago and got their hourly forecasts. It said 30% chance or rain at 1:00, 40% at 2:00 and 3:00 I believe and 55% chance at 4:00. That was earlier today. Let me check to see if it has changed.

I pulled up weather channel and typed in Chicago and got their hourly forecasts.

I thought we were talking about Foxborough, MA

I'm getting confused. Yeah, I guess I was originally talking about New England, but that was a couple days old. Things change rapidly in weather forecasts.

I'm getting confused. Yeah, I guess I was originally talking about New England, but that was a couple days old. Things change rapidly in weather forecasts.

No problem.....bottomline is that the weather looks to be fine for the NE/Det game.

No problem.....bottomline is that the weather looks to be fine for the NE/Det game.

So, I guess I can't blame the weather if Megatron gets stoned by the tough patriot secondary.

I don't plan to bench him. I'm guessing that after last week, they had some "just throw Mega the damn ball" conversations. He really is unstoppable.

You should play mega, Evans and flash

Here's the deal. Barring injury, I know Beckham is a sure 10 and Sammy Watkins is probably a sure 12. Do I really know a less than 100% Megatron is a sure 10 going against one of the better CBs in the NFL who is probably getting double covered?

Last week, what did Megatron get against Peterson? 5 or 6. Oh, and last week Stafford was 0-3 on passes more than 15 yds to Megatron. New England allows the fourth FEWEST fantasy points to wide receivers. Why are you not concerned?

Anyone who thinks or says Megatron is unbenchable has discarded their brain because remember the wise old adage, never say never.

• Like 1

So, I guess I can't blame the weather if Megatron gets stoned by the tough patriot secondary.

he's more likely to get stoned by their backup runningback

stupid forum

Then I guess that makes you even more stupid for participating with us.

Revis on tate. Mega can beat browner

Reevis plays on one side only. Are you saying Megatron will never line up on Reevis' side because he is too scary good?

Dude I started Hilton last week against this same secondary and he flopped alongside of Megatron. I am sitting him this week with no reservations, Bill has his defense playing with aplomb right now and I don't believe that the furtada Lions will fare better than the Colts did last week.

Dude I started Hilton last week against this same secondary and he flopped alongside of Megatron. I am sitting him this week with no reservations, Bill has his defense playing with aplomb right now and I don't believe that the furtada Lions will fare better than the Colts did last week.

Thanks for chiming in. It takes a strong self assured man, like you and I obviously are, to come here and be so bold to caution everyone about starting Megatron against the Patriots General Bill led defense. This dude didn't win two Superbowls in ny and get in the SB a bunch with NewEngland for nothing.

Revis on Tate and Megatron is going to get doubled. Never bench your studs. Start Megatron.

Again I repeat- never say never. It depends on who you have to replace your stud. I happen to have two studs who can replace Megatron- Beckham and Watkins.

Like ⬆

Good response

Said in an Elvis Pressley voice, "thank you, thank you very much...."

aplomb?

furtada?

:lol:

League reference ftw

Well, first quarter almost over. Megatron no catches no points.

Hmmmmm

Never bench your studs.....

Lol

Just sayin.........

It's early still.....

Halftime, one catch for 16.

Bill Belicheck is a defensive god

I may get flack for this, but I just have to say it: how brilliant was it of me to bench Megatron in order to play Beckham?

Never bench your studs.....lol

As long as I have a brain, never say NEVER.

I benched Tate in both my leagues and he scored well but I don't regret it.

Would I have sat Cobb, Sanders, ODB (money league) or Julio, Gordon, ODB (work league) for him. Nope.

I agree that sometimes Studs aren't studs especially with the 2014 version of Stafford throwing to him.

I may get flack for this, but I just have to say it: how brilliant was it of me to bench Megatron in order to play Beckham?

Never bench your studs.....lol

As long as I have a brain, never say NEVER.

"Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips." ~Proverbs 27:2

• Like 2

"Let another praise you[/size], and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips[/size]." ~Proverbs 27:2[/size]

Yeah, I deserved that, but I was so proud of myself for that decision. I felt like I needed a pat on my back and I just felt no one here was going to give me one, so......

I gave myself one. Yeah, probably not cool.

"Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips." ~Proverbs 27:2

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."

Ezekiel 25:17

Follow that up with an "SAY WHAT AGAIN!"

Yeah, I deserved that, but I was so proud of myself for that decision. I felt like I needed a pat on my back and I just felt no one here was going to give me one, so......

I gave myself one. Yeah, probably not cool.

It was a good call. Lucky, perhaps....but good nevertheless. The final boxscore is all that really matters in this pursuit of ours.

:cheers: