Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Mike Smith

I for one LOVED his clock "management". Bryant got me some nice points with that 50+ yd FG and CLE had time to drive down the field pushing Gordon over 100 yds receiving. Win win!

he'll prolly back into the playoffs and keep his job. The good ole white boys club...

Mike Smith has never been a good coach. He has always looked lost, and today manifested exactly who he is as a coach.

The suck.

Would love to see media press him on that TO flowed by long bomb.

He will be gone... I live in Atlanta. Blank is cleaning house this off season.

Deserves to be fired today for that garbage...

Did y'all see what he said after the game as his rational for calling the timeout?

He said: "Well if I didn't call the timeout, they would have"

:lol:

he'll prolly back into the playoffs and keep his job. The good ole white boys club...

White boys clubs? LOL What does his being white have to do with anything? The only way Smith isn't canned is if he wins the Superbowl, and I think that not happening is the lock of the year.

Can't say I endorse the statement but what else could it be? Does this guy have something on Blank? With the talent on this team, coupled with some head shaking moves, he should have been ran long ago.

Back in 2009 around mid season the Burner suffered a serious high ankle sprain. Jason Snelling came on in relief and next game posted something like 80 yds rushing 30 yds receiving and 2 TDs. Nothing spectacular just a work man like effort. The team would have been fine for at least another week, even fighting for a wild card spot. But the dumbass panicked, rushed Turner back, and he re-aggravated the sprain. They lost some games and were never really a threat afterwards.

He's just made some dumb ass, head scratching moves both on and off the sidelines.

Did y'all see what he said after the game as his rational for calling the timeout?

He said: "Well if I didn't call the timeout, they would have"

:lol:

Wow way to save them a TO coach. I would fire him after that

With the talent on this team

There is no talent on the team outside of the WR core and QB, 1 line man and 1 DB

Defense is terrible. O-line is terrible, RBs are terrible, Jake Mathews being a bright spot assuming he gets better.

They traded the farm for Julio because they got blown out by GB in the playoffs. They thought they were one guy away and the mortgaged the future to get him.

Smith and Dimitroff need to be canned.

That was mind-boggling. Changed the channel just in time to see Hoyer's INT and couldn't believe ATL could find a way to blow that.

White boys clubs? LOL What does his being white have to do with anything? The only way Smith isn't canned is if he wins the Superbowl, and I think that not happening is the lock of the year.

Can't say I endorse the statement but what else could it be? Does this guy have something on Blank? With the talent on this team, coupled with some head shaking moves, he should have been ran long ago.

Back in 2009 around mid season the Burner suffered a serious high ankle sprain. Jason Snelling came on in relief and next game posted something like 80 yds rushing 30 yds receiving and 2 TDs. Nothing spectacular just a work man like effort. The team would have been fine for at least another week, even fighting for a wild card spot. But the dumbass panicked, rushed Turner back, and he re-aggravated the sprain. They lost some games and were never really a threat afterwards.

He's just made some dumb ass, head scratching moves both on and off the sidelines.

it is a figure of speech, refers more to the recycling of the same old dudes as opposed to a race thing. Decades ago the statement originated as a racial thing, but the point I'm making is that there are tons of garbage coaches, NFL, college, hoops, football, whatever. They get fired from one job and get another somewhere else. Meanwhile, there's likely a giant pool of talent, of innovative coaches that can gameplan something different and evolve the game. Guys like Chip Kelly. But this league and most others like it will continue to recycle the same junk over and over again. Ownership is more comfortable with known commodities, as much as they might suck, ove giving someone new a chance. Guys like lovie, romeo, schwartz, rex, the list goes on and on and on. Every once in a while they get knocked down a peg to coordinator, and then if that team they're on flourishes a season or 2, they get back into the conversation for new openings, interview, and boom, they're a HC again. They fail again, and the cycle continues. Hence it being a club. A club of scrubs that somehow keep getting jobs...

HTH

There is no talent on the team outside of the WR core and QB, 1 line man and 1 DB

Defense is terrible. O-line is terrible, RBs are terrible, Jake Mathews being a bright spot assuming he gets better.

They traded the farm for Julio because they got blown out by GB in the playoffs. They thought they were one guy away and the mortgaged the future to get him.

Smith and Dimitroff need to be canned.

Noted, though I was in reference to past years in general. Perhaps not All Pros, but there was talent there. For instance in 2009 only Roddy White made the Pro Bowl, even though the team had solid players such as Curtis Lofton and John Abraham on defense. And of course Turner was a serious weapon at that point in his career. Just always felt that Smith severely underachieved with that team.

I also do not believe Atl has enough talent because they always get beat up on both lines of scrimmage, but Mike Smith has made many dubious decisions over the years. He may be gone, but wouldn't it be something to see a 6-10 team make the playoffs?

By the way, I too had Bryant and was happy to see my Gordon accumulate more points after the FG.