Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Tunsil

ok.

I am gonna say some things here, that some of you will agree with, and some will not.

to give background, I used to do loans at one point in my life. People used to come into my office every day and many would lie about their credit, their assets or other things. I got pretty good at spotting a lie. it got to the point where people would walk into my office, and I could tell in the first 30-60 seconds whether I was likely to approve the loan (or not)

anyhow I watched the draft, saw the interview with Tunsil and some of the related interviews. At the time I felt something was off with the situation but couldnt put my finger on it.

Then, I was listening to some discussion on this issue and something hit me.

This kid is covering something up.

his eyes tell me he is scared as could be... like Deer in the headlights scared.

I've seen people who are losing their homes look less scared than this kid. He claims to want to find out who did this (posting) to him, but doesnt want to prosecute.

My instincts tell me this:

He knows who did this. Its likely he knows who took the photograph. I wouldnt be surprised if he has been the victim of blackmail. and maybe for some time. I also suspect that one or more of the parties to this crime may have gang connections and hes scared as sh*t.

It even wouldnt surprise me if this is somehow linked to the cash that was given to him illegally by the college.

I could be offbase here. Maybe there is something else he wants to cover up.

but something is up, and there is more to this story.

I feel sorry for the kid.

but I also feel that he has learned in short order that people like this are most definitely not his friends, so he may actually be more likely to straighten out as a result.

yes. all of this is based on instinct. I have no facts to support it. feel free to discuss or criticize my post if you like.

• Like 1

I've never done loans before , but he is hiding something and it shows .

Stepfather

jilted ex-lover

jilted agent he took money from

He probably screwed over some people and now they're getting revenge. Sucks though because he smoked weed and got paid a little scratch to help make Ole Miss millions of dollars. Whoop de do.

He definitely is a terrible liar.

They asked him when that gas mask photo was taken, and he says, "Several years ago. Like 3 years... 2 years." Sounds like a kid trying to get out of the principal's office

Well, the obvious answer is his stepfather, who filed a lawsuit against him like a week ago.

too simple.

No doubt stepdad is a real piece of work. he ratted out his stepson for accepting improper benefits. what kind of guy does that to his own family. (even if it is his stepson?)

anyhow, he's already been drafted, he has got nothing to lose now.

so why is he protecting the person who did this to him? There is more to this. I am sure of it.

Maybe the kid was upset that someone sabotaged his focking life?

People with their faux outrage over a plant. Get real.

No he was not sabotaged , he was upset that it was seen .

Happens when you are hiding something

He has all the makings of a problem .

The pot smoking isn't the issue, hell everyone hits the hippie lettuce these days. It's his stupidity in allowing a conversation regarding illegal payments to stay in his cellphone and be subject to scrutiny. Ole Miss going to take it in the arse because of this kid.

Interesting theory. Maybe he's being blackmailed, like there's something way worse that could be released and so this other stuff is just a warning

NFL radio saying it was a jilted agent today... Gotta be career suicide for him if true.

If he is a top shelf Olineman, they got a steal. If he is just a bonehead, they wasted a pick.

If he is a top shelf Olineman, they got a steal. If he is just a bonehead, they wasted a pick.

Interesting. My take is that if he ends up being good, it's a good pick, but if he's not good, it's a bad pick.

• Like 1

he can be a bonehead as long as he doesnt get suspended due to drugs, arrests of various sorts, and domestic violence.

so long as he does his job and stays outta the news he will probably be fine.

On the car radio this afternoon, I heard that Tunsil will not be required to enroll in the league's drug program (or whateverthehellitis). So, there is that. : )

On the other hand, he'll probably be tested more than a parent's patience.

This thing with the character assassination and blackmail that's gone on the last couple years is tough to deal with. I'm also certain the kid is scared and confused, but it takes two to tango ya know? If I've got a gas mask bong on my face and have a chance to be a high draft pick and someone busts out a camera you've got to make sure that pic gets deleted.

This thing with the character assassination and blackmail that's gone on the last couple years is tough to deal with. I'm also certain the kid is scared and confused, but it takes two to tango ya know? If I've got a gas mask bong on my face and have a chance to be a high draft pick and someone busts out a camera you've got to make sure that pic gets deleted.

I've said this since the second I saw the video leading up to the draft. Regardless of when it occurred, this kid was a Rivals five star recruit. It's nearly always been a formality that he had a chance to make the NFL. There's no way you can allow someone to leave that room with that video on their phone/camera/anything.

Having said that, there's zero reason why he should be forced into the NFL's substance program. He's passed any and all drug tests that have been administered since he officially lost his collegiate eligibility. So anything he's done after being a collegiate athlete has been inline with the NFL's procedures and policies. To retroactively punish a player for their actions prior to ever even being eligible for the league would be beyond unacceptable.

And once again, all this faux outrage over a plant.

On the car radio this afternoon, I heard that Tunsil will not be required to enroll in the league's drug program (or whateverthehellitis). So, there is that. : )

On the other hand, he'll probably be tested more than a parent's patience.

haha, I bet the NFL has already tested him.

That's just the way they roll man.

To much smoke .

There's going to be problems with this young man .

To much smoke .

There's going to be problems with this young man .

Yea but where there is smoke there is dat fiya! So this guy should be flaming hot!

NFL radio saying it was a jilted agent today... Gotta be career suicide for him if true.

I heard it was a former financial advisor. Could be the same person I guess.

I don't care if it was an agent or advisor or whatever, that person should be sued and embarrassing pics of them should be tweeted. Of course were it me I'd bide my time till the next contact was signed and then I'd hire agents of my own to drive to that effers house for a nice evening of face punch in front of the wife n kids...

Good thing it wasn't you than , would hate to see you hurt yourself .

Thanks for your concern weepaws. I was angry in that moment, but I'm not any longer. :)

Source: BleacherReport.com - Jason Cole

-Miami Dolphins OT Laremy Tunsil (ankle) has a pre-arthritic ankle condition that may have contributed to his draft-day fall, according to sources. Some believe the condition may even be worse than Jacksonville Jaguars LB Myles Jack's knee issue.

That's a tough note to hear, especially if you're a Miami Dolphin fan. We still haven't had firm confirmation of this, nor how it might impact his ability long and short term, but it bears watching.

Source: BleacherReport.com - Jason Cole

-Miami Dolphins OT Laremy Tunsil (ankle) has a pre-arthritic ankle condition that may have contributed to his draft-day fall, according to sources. Some believe the condition may even be worse than Jacksonville Jaguars LB Myles Jack's knee issue.

That's a tough note to hear, especially if you're a Miami Dolphin fan. We still haven't had firm confirmation of this, nor how it might impact his ability long and short term, but it bears watching.

I didn't hear a peep about this pre-draft.

Amazing, with the state of today's media.

I didn't hear a peep about this pre-draft.

Amazing, with the state of today's media.

Arthur Arkush and Greg Gabriel both came out last night and said that a couple different teams inside the top-ten said his ankle checked out fine. I'm skeptical at best on this report, particularly, as you mentioned, given the state of the modern media.

It seems like this kid is going to be the target of hit pieces until he retires.